• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Release Date

reinking

Gold Member
Some of you can't enjoy one of the biggest game reveal for XB this generation because you are too concerned about Sony. STFU about Sony and enjoy the trailer and announced release date. Sheesh.

Now thats unlikely. I'm sure it will come out this gen.
I could see it being cross gen. If microsoft is opening up the war chest for real i could see them expanding to the point they work on both finishing starfield and dlc packages while they gradually ramp up ES6 production simultaneously. 2026 is five years fron now, I think you made a good educated guess unless they throw money at it to go full steam ahead- ahead of schedule.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
AAA game development takes time plus covid affected dev cycle. People working are humans and they also care about their lives as well
I mean I understand the pandemic etc however how long will xbox be able to use this excuse...? Nintendo during the pandemic still put out games, games like FFVII for ps4 were still on time, thats and Sony has released 5 exclusive titles during the pandemic as well and apparently Rachet was done with zero crunch. When does it get to the point "covid covid covid" and now just pure mismanagement, especially since xbox wrote of last gen 2-3 before it was even over and stated they were "gearing" up for this generation....they havent geared up, the car hasnt even been started yet

Ezquimacore

Banned
I'm just glad sony fanboys won't be able to play this beauty, while square disappoint again with another lackluster final fantasy
worldburn-top.jpg

The Alien

Banned
Later than I thought...but with Halo, Forza, Psychonauts, and one other Xbox title (and likely 3rd GamePass additions)...tge last few months of this year were looking pretty packed for Xbox.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I remember when some dingus three months ago insisted they would launch this fall if they showed anything for this title this year at e3. Oopsies

Laptop1991

Skyrim was announced only a year before and Fallout 4, 6 months, it's 18 months away, it's too early for me to get invested yet, and i won't buy before the game is actually on sale and gameplay videos are up, i don't get hyped for new games anymore

NOV 11 2022? THATS BASICALLY 2023 BRUH.

Jeez. Another lukewarm year for Xbox. No Avowed, Fable, Hellblade 2 this E3, and now this? I hate to say it, but this has to be the worst launch for any console EVER.
With the inevitable delay it will be 2023. Still have high hopes that Microsoft's purchase of Besthesda will light a fire under their asses and we will actually get to play TES6 and FO5 within 4 years.

sobaka770

Banned
Well I guess they only showed this because they blew the news way too early. There's barely anything to go on that we couldn't guess from the name. Real marketing will start next year.
Announcing an exact release date more than a year ahead is a weird move: either a sign of ridiculous confidence or a recipe for disaster.

I mean I understand the pandemic etc however how long will xbox be able to use this excuse...? Nintendo during the pandemic still put out games, games like FFVII for ps4 were still on time, thats and Sony has released 5 exclusive titles during the pandemic as well and apparently Rachet was done with zero crunch. When does it get to the point "covid covid covid" and now just pure mismanagement, especially since xbox wrote of last gen 2-3 before it was even over and stated they were "gearing" up for this generation....they havent geared up, the car hasnt even been started yet
Thing is Sony and nintendo had established studios, MS acquired most of them in 2018 and many of them had prior deals and projects like Deathloop nd all.. So u cant compare but future looking much better.

Atrus

Gold Member
A teaser with no hint of gameplay mechanics is a disappointment. Looks like another E3 to go before we get to see what sort of gameplay is involved with this title.

Last edited:
I wonder what the fuck your going to do in this game. Wow there are a bunch of metal structures on an empty planet. No NPCs are shown and its supposed to be an RPG? I don't know man, I wish they focused on ES6.

Atrus

Gold Member
Sony has done this countless times.

This is a PC game that's been teased for 4 years already, in part because it is a stepping stone to an Elder Scrolls release, and I expect there to be gameplay mechanics to follow the previous teases.

Last edited:
This is a PC game that's been teased for 4 years already, in part because it is a stepping stone to an Elder Scrolls release, and I expect there to be gameplay mechanics to follow the previous teases.
Gameplay, most of the time, is shown 6 months prior to release.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
MS still has had established studios and since then and we havent heard much of anything from them either. Also for their pick up studios you cant tell me they were working on something but still have nothing to show....again this is a leadership problem, phil and xbox literally ditched the xbox one 2 years before next gen, and they still have nothing

Atrus

Gold Member
Gameplay, most of the time, is shown 6 months prior to release.

This is not a rule in and of itself since many games show gameplay or mockups of gameplay in the trailer or teaser. The game has been 4 years in the making and I expect there should be some capacity for a video showing gameplay mechanics.

Is it a space sim akin to Privateer, is it a space RPG like Mass Effect or is it Fallout in Space/The Outer Worlds, etc? A year and some from supposed release and it's still a black box of expectations that hasn't been expanded on since its debut.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
As I said for the new Dragon Quest trailer, the Peppa Pig game is more hype based on actually gameplay substance vs this.

It's more than disappointing and honestly not good form at all to show nothing after all this time.

This is the game I have been waiting for since the day I played my first video game. I though The Outer Worlds would be it, but that was more of a Bioshock in space than an Elder Scrolls in space. I can't wait for this to release.

Top Bottom