• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play Thursday, September 14 at 2pm PT / 5pm ET / 10pm GMT

Krieger

This will start at 23:00 here and I'm not gonna stay up on a workday for fucking indies a la Goodbye Furry High.

skit_data

If FF7 Rebirth, DS2 and/or Stellar Blade shows up I guess I'll consider it a win of sorts but I wanna smell what's cooking in house

makaveli60

I have been saying since about 2020 that ever since the PS4 dreamteam is gone and Jimbo and co took over Sony is in a downfall. I wonder how many laughing emoji repliers are laughing still.
37m3pe.jpg

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
They don’t have anything to show, all of their studios are working on GaaS games and those games take a long time to produce.

Side note: is there any confirmed first party game for 2024?
What are you talking about they don't have anything to show?
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • Helldivers 2
  • Stellar Blade
  • FFVII Rebirth
  • Concord
  • Death Stranding 2
  • Wolverine
These are all announced exclusive titles that are expected to launch by 2024 ends. There may be even more games that would be near the end of their dev cycle, which Sony can announce:
  • Santa Monica's next game.
  • Team Asobi's next game.
  • Bluepoint's next game.
  • Ballistic Moon's game.
At this point, it is very clear that (1) Sony feels no pressure from their competitor and (2) the would rather save all their big announcements for next year showcase in which they'd announce the PS5 Pro.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
YeH.. wasn't expecting major announcements from first party studios with the VGA around the corner.

Please, Sony!

Cmon
I am going to cum buckets if Capcom reveals Monster Hunter Next Gen here. Capcom said that TGS will be an exciting time for MH fans a while back. Next year is also it's 20th birthday and I heard they have a BIG title coming out by March 2024. I can't think of anything but MH. I don't think DD2 is going to be out by March.

Maybe they announce MH here and more details at TGS. MHW was the opener for the Sony E3 2017 conference and came out in 2p18 in January.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa
For third party I am placing bets on FF7 Rebirth and Next Gen MH. Capcom always announces new stuff usually at Sony events. Both are Japanese and TGS is around the corner. Ff7 Rebirth will probably get a release date.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
What are you talking about they don't have anything to show?
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • Helldivers 2
  • Stellar Blade
  • FFVII Rebirth
  • Concord
  • Death Stranding 2
  • Wolverine
These are all announced exclusive titles that are expected to launch by 2024 ends. There may be even more games that would be near the end of their dev cycle, which Sony can announce:
  • Santa Monica's next game.
  • Team Asobi's next game.
  • Bluepoint's next game.
  • Ballistic Moon's game.
At this point, it is very clear that (1) Sony feels no pressure from their competitor and (2) the would rather save all their big announcements for next year showcase in which they'd announce the PS5 Pro.

Sucker Punch? Well, maybe not, Tsushima was just three years ago. But man, I need a sequel to that.

Sony & Nintendo tag-teaming out here. That's what's up.

Guessing: new Spiderman 2 footage, Stellar Blade, maybe Helldivers 2, FF7 Rebirth, and hopefully a few surprises including a new 1P non-GaaS reveal and 3P exclusive reveal that isn't a Soulsborne-like.

Top Bottom