• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play Thursday, September 14 at 2pm PT / 5pm ET / 10pm GMT

S0ULZB0URNE

If Sony is hosting it expect Sony to announce something in the mix.
My guess is the Slim as it doesn't need a whole show dedicated to it.

tmlDan

"focused on indie and third-party titles from around the world"

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF
You knew we'd get no first party until after Spider-Man 2

I guess that's the September event? Not what I was expecting I guess.

Third party games might be cool, like Suicide Squad deep dive #2.

That game should probably get 86'd.

For the first time I think I won’t even bother tuning in.

I'll probably skip, too, especially considering doesn't seem like any 1P games will be there. But, anything that's of interest, I'll catch a trailer upload for afterwards. Same for the Nintendo Direct.

After the lame shows this summer, I'm pretty much done watching any of them live unless it's an E3 revival (for real this time).

StueyDuck

eh 3rd party sometimes has some bangers, who knows maybe some more FF7 Rebirth, we are around that TGS period. Shit imagine some DS2.

eventually Sony are just gonna blow a big disgusting cummy first party load on us and i can't tell if it's gonna be amazing or if it's going to be super disappointing because they have kept everything so hidden.

E3 2016 is a one a million and it's going to be really difficult to capture that sort of momentum and hype again.

StueyDuck

Not that I mind, but I find it a bit odd that we're receiving a double feature like last year.

Nintendo-Direct-9-13-2022.jpg

hq720.jpg
My soft normie brain chocks this up to third parties being both close to Sony and Ninty like SE are kind of pushing them to have these shows around the same time, I wouldn't be too shocked if we see alot of SE and maybe even Capcom at both shows.

Last edited:

YCoCg

focused on indie and third-party titles from around the world
PlayStation is PROUD to present a showcase of games running on UNITY!!!! ....wait what was that news about Unity recently?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
My soft normie brain chocks this up to third parties being both close to Sony and Ninty like SE are kind of pushing them to have these shows around the same time, I wouldn't be too shocked if we see alot of SE and maybe even Capcom at both shows.
This makes more sense, really.

Okay, so these are the 3rd party games I'd like to see updates on in this SoP:

- FFVII rebirth
- Stellar Blade
- MGS 3 Remake
- Silent Hill 2 Remake
- Talos Principle

Don't really care about 1st party since they're all GaaS anyway!

//DEVIL//

Indies and 3rd parties?

I fucking sleep.

Sony. Show some fucking first party stuff.
isn't clear to you by now ? they have nothing.

Sony is, just like every other western Devs, is affected by the useless woke people resulting longer development time than it should.

They also just released in the span of 2 years lots of big titles like Horizon and God of war and GT7. they have 2 or 3 more studios that didn't reveal their games yet ( aside from development hell like factions ) but the remaining studios are small support team or PC port teams.

Kerotan

Temper expectations:

"Tomorrow’s broadcast will focus on updates to previously announced games coming to PlayStation consoles. From indie and PS VR2 highlights, to major upcoming titles from our third-party partners, our latest show has something for everyone!"
Psvr2 updates always needed. Looking to see what 3rd party turns up.

tmlDan

Geez, I understand that you guys are disappointed by the lack of focus on 1st party titles, but some of the reactions in here are a tad too melodramatic (pls don't kill me). :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I agree, Spiderman 2 is literally out in a month and Helldivers 2 will likely be there with a release date and is expected this year. We play announcements not games (apparently).

Really wondering when they are going to showcase:

Rise of the Ronin
Concord
Helldivers 2
Fairgame$
Death Stranding 2

…and everything else.

Top Bottom