• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't even ignore these generic sidequests. At numerous points in the main campaign, the game will lock the next story mission until you've completed a certain amount of busywork. Likewise, many of the best car upgrades are locked behind certain open-world milestones.

From polygon's mad max review. Seems Avalanche doesn't know how to make a decent campaign without this bullshit.

Jawmuncher

From polygon's mad max review. Seems Avalanche doesn't know how to make a decent campaign without this bullshit.

Game went from a maybe to basically never. I said if it had the same junk from Just Cause 2 I wouldn't bother. Looks like I don't need to bother now.
I have no hope for Just Cause 3 now.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Played some of Close Your Eyes and got stuck on the first real puzzle. Really cements how much I am a part of the problem. As soon as I can't figure out something I give up. But since the game has no guide I have to wait and see if someone can help me out. I'll beat it though, through hell or high water.

Left you help on the Steam Thread, it's fine, I am somewhat devious with that puzzle. I made it easier than it once was, but not too easy. In all three releases on Close Your Eyes, I've kept that puzzle, though everytime people get stuck at it. It is very much a visualization puzzle, drawing it out on paper can help.

Sch1sm

At 26 sets (each letter of the alphabet) and 25 puzzles to a set, LYNE is just way too long for my attention span. It'll be ages before I get through it. I'm just 1/4 of the way there and I'm tired.

I did like what I played, but you can only connect the dots, or in this case lines, for so long before it gets to be incredibly old. Not to mention it's turning to be a total guessing game with each increase in difficulty simply because of how crowded the board becomes.

STEAM | September 2015 - steam the game the movie

am I right?

Too right.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dungeon Hearts -- MB-61BC50734F6DF386 - Taken by Annubis

Game went from a maybe to basically never. I said if it had the same junk from Just Cause 2 I wouldn't bother. Looks like I don't need to bother now.
I have no hope for Just Cause 3 now.

Just get it later if you want to just blow some stuff up on a sale or something then, I say. I will probably get Just Cause 3 myself but, only because I know it won't have a story worth a damn probably anyway and it's the only open world game I even kind of care about in the near future.

I totally get you though. Just Cause 3 probably won't have a story worth anything either. But if I can get an ending to the story as wild as Just Cause 2's is again, I don't care.

But Fury Road is the only good one.

giphy.gif

derExperte

So this CS:GO case's price is rising fast while supply is dwindling, was way over 100.000 before the weekend: http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/730/Huntsman Weapon Case#

While I'm not encouraging gambling/speculating and it can easily go back down quickly (see last year) it could be a good idea to buy some of them now. I made a few (many) bucks with the Bravo cases after they became rare.

Also the more y'all buy the faster they'll rise in price. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So this CS:GO case's price is rising fast while supply is dwindling, was way over 100.000 before the weekend: http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/730/Huntsman Weapon Case#

While I'm not encouraging gambling/speculating and it can easily go back down quickly (see last year) it could be a good idea to buy some of them now. I made a few (many) bucks with the Bravo cases after they became rare.

Also the more you buy the faster they'll rise in price. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Totally forgot to recheck these, thanks for the heads-up.

25 cases later...

Sober

I am fucking sick of this crap. STOP DOING THIS!

JC3 will have this shit won't it?
Yeah, but JC3 will actually be fun. I didn't even bother to touch the story stuff in JC2. There's so little of it (like 8 missions) and you don't even need to do a fraction of a fraction of side content to keep it going.

MUnited83

For you.
I don't see what's wrong with that. Avalanche is actually making you play the actual good and fun part of the game instead of letting you run through the shitastic story.

If anything, they just need to ditch the story mode completely and make it a full blown sandbox.

DocSeuss

I am fucking sick of this crap. STOP DOING THIS!

JC3 will have this shit won't it?

Knowing them, it's useless hyperbole that doesn't really have any meaningful reasoning or insight, since that's how their reviews work. Polygon reviews have a bad habit of being like "this is the game, it has mechanics, here's the social issue that's wrong or right with it." They rarely express why or how a game works, how the game might make you feel, and stuff like that. This is the site that basically says anything without super amazing/incredible/perfect women is misogynist. It's got a serious Women are Wonderful problem.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
is morningbus going to make the september thread?

Nope I've just about got it ready to go but won't be posting it til I get home in about an hour.

MUnited83

For you.
I access steam from my firefox, and my access to market blocked for 7 more days.. smh

Only on firefox, it still works just fine in any other browser or client where it was working before. It only locks you on that specific new browser you use, it doesn't affect all devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom