• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I just started the The Lego Movie Videogame and I'm greeted with jaggies, screen-tearing and ... no options to set video stuff up? Do I have to go through external programs to fix things?

Start playing the game and you will be able to access the options from there. I recommend forcing v-sync externally since that one option resets every time.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Sadness. Need to have my brand new laptop replaced the hdmi port is not lined up properly. Thankfully my replacement is coming tomorrow by way of awesome amazon.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
There's a new Q*bert!?

"Q*bert Rebooted"

Please no. Please.

header_292x136.jpg

It's even more hideous in 3D than 2D ;__;

Vlad

After all this time I'm not even sure what candy corn is, but the very name makes me want to throw up.

It's not really corn-flavored or anything. They're ridiculously sweet, and the only flavor they've got is a sort of light honey-like flavor in there.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Tried family sharing with a fellow Gaffer today. It's the real deal.

<snip>

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask as we tested some things and went through some trial and error things but all in all, it's pretty damn great.

I set up Family Sharing on Enco's PC earlier using TeamViewer. It was pretty painless, although the latency made it a little cumbersome. This wasn't a factor in my giveaway, but I expect Valve to eventually allow the account owner and at least one secondary user to access a shared library at the same time -- the feature in its current state was probably less about user convenience and more about getting publishers on board with the concept.

Turfster

What you want to do is initiate a download (something small so it's done quick) so you're ready for the next step. At this point you can log off and the owner of the account can log in. Once your DL is done and ready to play you hit play and it will say that the owner needs to authorize access to the account.

Didn't need to do this when I was setting this up on my colleague's account.
Basically just logged in on their system, activated the system, then ticked the checkbox in front of his account in the list below it and logged out with mine and in with his and it was all good.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I set up Family Sharing on Enco's PC earlier using TeamViewer. It was pretty painless, although the latency made it a little cumbersome. This wasn't a factor in my giveaway, but I expect Valve to eventually allow the account owner and at least one secondary user to access a shared library at the same time -- the feature in its current state was probably less about user convenience and more about getting publishers on board with the concept.
The current implementation seems to be setup in a way that publishers can't complain. That's why I doubt they will add concurrent.

Wait...the first line of the Q*Bert description is "Q*bert is Back @!#?@!" ??

LOL

Bolded scares me.

Q*bert Rebooted highlights:
Level Select &#8211; replay all previously unlocked levels and track progress against friends.
7 New Playable Characters &#8211; introducing Q*zard, Q*bertha, Q*bot, Q*zilla, Q*tee, Q*knight and Q*nicorn, all based on the original Q*bert form.
3 New Enemies &#8211; the classic cast of adversaries are joined by new enemies Homer, Uppercut and Treasure Chest
9 Achievements &#8211; these include Classic Master, Newbert, Qbertorama, Snake Surprise, Green Machine, Ugg!, Down for the Count, Disc Rider and Coin-Op Collector.

Q*bert and his @!#?@ friends. :|

Indignate

You guys are kind of spoiling this show that I don't watch.

How is that show doing ratings wise? That seems like something you pull out when you're not doing so good.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

Having a post test discussion about it does bring up some good ideas but we know it's basically still being refined. A great step would be to allow shares like PS3 where 2 can play the games at the same time but what is this TeamViewer you are talking about? I set up a 4 digit pin so I can only access the family share settings and such but I'm curious what you mean by latency as sharing the games/account is pretty seamless and the games DL like a normal game you would be respectively for your home account vs being the beneficiary of said game/s and just downloading the same even if shared games.

LiquidMetal14

Didn't need to do this when I was setting this up on my colleague's account.
Basically just logged in on their system, activated the system, then ticked the checkbox in front of his account in the list below it and logged out with mine and in with his and it was all good.

I don't remember all the steps but I do believe we did that but you can either do as you noted or as the host, authorize by checking the name/box in your family share settings.

Shadownet

Banned
Hey if anyone on GAF is broke. (like me)

Would you give me a few seconds of your time. while I tell you about this exciting opportunity to make a lot of money?

It's called robbing a bank! come join me and Hugstable in Payday 2!

*disclaimer* money isnt guaranteed, high chance of failure, but 100% fun guaranteed!

Are you going by your stream archive? I think Twitch processes those in 30 minute blocks, so it might take a bit for the rest to appear. I could just be making this all up.

I think you're right. It seems to be there now.

Steam's like talking to a dead person, every now and then they make a noise

Hmmm...
A dead person certainly seems to describe the level of help that Steam support seems capable of giving out on any given day. So sure, they make noise, but they're definitely not helpful. Ever.

Beelzebubs

Would you give me a few seconds of your time. while I tell you about this exciting opportunity to make a lot of money?

*disclaimer* money isnt guaranteed, high chance of failure, but 100% fun guaranteed!

Why is everyone doing multiplayer games tonight that I don't own! First CS:GO, now Payday 2. Don't worry, next sale I'm prepared, putting £4.00 a week into my Steam wallet in anticipation ;)

Not sure why there's so much hate for the Q*Bert reboot, honestly. Unless anyone has played it (I haven't), it's impossible to judge. Really makes me not take NeoGAF hype seriously, because half of the recommendations or pans are coming from people with massive backlogs who haven't even installed the games they're opining about.

I'll play if you want... I can be on in like 5 minutes.

Not sure why there's so much hate for the Q*Bert reboot, honestly. Unless anyone has played it (I haven't), it's impossible to judge. Really makes me not take NeoGAF hype seriously, because half of the recommendations or pans are coming from people with massive backlogs who haven't even installed the games they're opining about.

Always... ALWAYS... take GAF hype with a grain of salt. Sometimes the hype requires an entire can of Morton's.

Turfster

Not sure why there's so much hate for the Q*Bert reboot, honestly.

If I wanted to replay Q*Bert (and I kicked that addiction ages ago, thank you very much), I'd replay the original version. The 3D version with different skins seems incredibly tacky to me. If they hope to get droves of new people to play what is, at heart, not a very good game (sorry people, but we know it's true), they're sadly mistaken =p

Peace, out.
*slow getaway on a zimmerframe*

LiquidMetal14

The current implementation seems to be setup in a way that publishers can't complain. That's why I doubt they will add concurrent.

One can dream but from my first time impressions and what you can do, it works great. It also works brilliantly if you are in different regions so it kind of works itself out if you in say, the US and the recipient lives 6+ hours away as you will have down time between work or sleep for the recipient to be able to get in decent time. Very impressed and it does do a few things VS PS3 sharing such as showing the entire library vs going through a DL list or searching for games on the store if you want to DL the shared game.

A few options I would want are a little more detailed controls in family view as the host. And if you set up the 4 digit pin, even on my home/gaming rig, if I want to go into settings in general, I have to put this code in every time. That is a step that doesn't need to be there on my home/origin PC such as my gaming rig. Small nitpick but I set up the 4 pin thing for family view as an added precaution unless someone can tell me that I really don't need it as it does allow me to disable it.

Desktop sharing and remote access program

So he must have been talking about latency in the setup of the account sharing then? I just changed my PW temporarily and we went through the steps I outlined.

I wish more people played SpeedRunners. That game is fun.

If people ever got games going and needed extras, I own it. You just have to give me a heads up, like anything else. Including any fighters you may be playing *cough*skullgirls*cough*AE/Ultra*cough*...

LiquidMetal14

One more thing regarding family sharing, you can share stuff like Uplay games. One more reason I find a client like that on top of Steam already running super redundant and irritating. So no Driver SF, AC2 or later AC games (AC1 is sharable because no Uplay integration), Rayman, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom