• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinBB7

After 18 hours, I finally finished Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, 100%. I don't think I ever played a game non-stop like this before. I just couldn't put it down. There are some minor flaws, overall it's wonderful. But I think in the end this game accomplished what it set out to do. Great job Monolith, you got yourself a winner here. I'm very satisfied with this game.

18 hours and 100% achievements, I read the devs said the game would last around 30/35 hours lol.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
image.php

Well, hello there lovely
bones

I see what you did there.

Fake, like this BS kdramaster site.

Yeah, March 2015 was the date KDS reported so I'd guess that's where it's from.

Kezen

Banned
Yeah, March 2015 was the date KDS reported so I'd guess that's where it's from.

Those guys have no shame, pure clickbait site.

If Destiny is ever to come to PC Q4 2015 is the soonest I can think of. Bungie have a lot of work on their hands already with their 4 platforms. As it stands Destiny is a pure console MMO, if they have plans for the PC they need to operate some gameplay changes on top of tweaking the UI and make the game keyboard/mouse friendly.

I just noticed Sunrider is getting an update and now it has a subtitle "Mask of Arcadius". Anyone know what that update is about? There is no info on the announcements page on Steam Community.

Edit: Nevermind, it was in discussions.

Volimar

I watched a couple of SoM gameplay vids, and I'd like to air a grievance I have with a lot of completionist games.

I really really really hate it when games tell you right from the beginning how many missions there are. Oh, I'm on the second mission? Okay. Oh, I'm on mission 2/20? Why did I need that info?!?! It completely sours me when I start getting close to the end. Welp, I'm on mission 18/20 now. Guess it won't be long now... Where's the fun in that? Why can't the game let getting to the ending be a surprise? grumble grumble grumble

Waffl3z

Neo Member
The blurb on Pool Nation's store page still states that it's "Steam's only pool game". Cherry Pop ought to fix that. ;)

Yeah, I saw that too. Weird thing to put in your marketing materials. I know there is at least one other pool game and at some point there will be more I'm sure. :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ubisoft and their 'Exclusive 60 minutes of content'. So exclusive they don't tell you where the other 40 minutes of it is because fucked if I know how they come up with those gameplay length numbers.

Yeah, even I didn't get more than 15-20 minutes out of the Benedict Arnold missions in AssCreed 3.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Ubisoft and their 'Exclusive 60 minutes of content'. So exclusive they don't tell you where the other 40 minutes of it is because fucked if I know how they come up with those gameplay length numbers.
Walk everywhere for max immersion cough expand playtime.

I did like the "playstation exclusive" Aveline content in AC4 though.

Arthea

Hmmm...I usually cut it in half, that works the best for me.

for RPGs? I actually find their numbers for JRPGs and RPGs being pretty accurate, even if I manage spend twice more time in games I like without any problems (trying to 100% usually).

They must have people play it purposefully slow.

not necessary. If you thoroughly explore, play a lot of minigames (in case a game have them), backtrack a lot to check if you missed anything, time increases accordingly. There are many ways to play game, and speedrun differs from thorough playthrough sometimes 10 times and more.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
for RPGs? I actually find their numbers for JRPGs and RPGs being pretty accurate, even if I manage spend twice more time in games I like without any problems (trying to 100% usually).

I dunno, I always hear numbers like 100+ hours! and after 50 or so I'm pretty much done with the game. I'm more talking about "How much time do I want to spend with the game" though.

JustLynx

After 18 hours, I finally finished Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, 100%. I don't think I ever played a game non-stop like this before. I just couldn't put it down. There are some minor flaws, overall it's wonderful. But I think in the end this game accomplished what it set out to do. Great job Monolith, you got yourself a winner here. I'm very satisfied with this game.

Wow nice!!
I'm like 73% and at 20 hours... how did you finished it so quickly?

New W3 Screens are here

4 more months... I can't wait!

I bought a second rock paper shotgun TF2 hat for $20 and just resold it in the market for a bit over $32. I seriously don't understand why people are paying such a high premium for it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I've been out of the loop for a couple of days, did I miss anything fun? I see it's still September around here. :)

For the first time ever, I opened a booster pack this morning that had a foil card in it.

The foil card is worth about as much as the booster pack was
if it ever sells

I've got some cool stuff I'm working on for the next version of Enhanced Steam, I'll have more to share later.

sprinkles

I just noticed Sunrider is getting an update and now it has a subtitle "Mask of Arcadius". Anyone know what that update is about? There is no info on the announcements page on Steam Community.

Edit: Nevermind, it was in discussions.
Mask of Arcadius is episode 2 of the Sunrider story. I am really looking forward to this one as I enjoyed the free episode 1 more than most Visual Novels I payed for this year.

Arthea

I dunno, I always hear numbers like 100+ hours! and after 50 or so I'm pretty much done with the game. I'm more talking about "How much time do I want to spend with the game" though.

but what if you miss half of the game this way? I mean side content. Doesn't it bother you?
If it's a game you like, I mean.

FloatOn

Wake me up when September ends

:facepalm:

I still need to check how shitty my computer is and for you guys to point and laugh at my medium settings for the new hotness coming out. I know for sure I have a Radeon 6870 and 8gb of ram but everything else I'm unsure. I know, I should know these things but I built it ~3 years ago.

I haven't bought a AAA game day 1 since dark souls 2. My backlog has thanked me for that but I can't help but be excited for The Evil Within and Alien: Isolation. Mordor doesn't do much for me despite everyone freaking out about it.

Chariot

Mhm, selling Sakura Spirit Cards makes me wet like the authors off the game where while writing the smut. I don't even need to use money to buy the Borderlands 2 DLCs, I just pay it with wallet money. Oh yessss~

New W3 Screens are here
I always try to avoid info on games I already have full intentions of buying. Cause if I don't it makes the waiting that much more painful. I only break this rule for games like smash bros or something similar(like PS allstars: battle royals)

Mask of Arcadius is episode 2 of the Sunrider story. I am really looking forward to this one as I enjoyed the free episode 1 more than most Visual Novels I payed for this year.

I still need to finish the first episode, I don't know why I stopped playing since I was enjoying the combat.

:O

I'm playing the game for the combat so I'll pass on the patch.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
HL3 could have co-op sections and they wouldn't feel out of place, seeing as from the final parts of HL2 you're almost always accompanied by someone. Esp the episodes.

But a persistent online open world based on stats, quests and such? No no no no. That's not HL, that's butchery. Surely Valve have more self-respect and dignity than that.

Just imagine Half Life with gameplay mechanics inspired by asscreed and watch dags. Imagine the immense crowbar usage possibilities.

Mhm, selling Sakura Spirit Cards makes me wet like the authors off the game where while writing the smut. I don't even need to use money to buy the Borderlands 2 DLCs, I just pay it with wallet money. Oh yessss~

Don't buy it, I said. It's a bad game, I said. Listen to Chariot and Turfster, I said.

Never again.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
And to think I've started my PC gaming career with a top of the line Pentium MMX 166 MHz with a massive 4GB HDD...
4 GB? Get out of here! In my time we had a 500 MB and 1 GB drives and we liked it.

And I laugh at your MMX technology. My dad's was a Pentium 90 MHz with 24 MB RAM. That machine barely ran Quake 2, and loading times were awful. It's amazing how far we've come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom