• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porcupine

I finished it so quickly probably because whenever I visit an area for the first time. I immediately go do all the sidequests and everything else to minimize the backtracking I need to do. :) plus later on when you can mount a Caragos and unlock all fast travel points. It get a lot quicker to move around.

Good to hear I'm not the only one doing this :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Which is fine and doesn't necessitate starting a new game as the original post specified.

You misunderstand. I didn't restart because I thought I halted progress for myself; I restarted because I thought interrogation options were finite and in killing the orc I missed out on some info. Not necessary info, but unique info.

Edit: To be clear, the fact that I was only a short while into the game also played into it. If I were 15 hours into the campaign and stuffed up an interrogation I would've kept going.

Ehy GAF, just found this in a local used market.
k2cfWn6.jpg

:D

And the DVD is new, I already own HD Collection on PS3 but since SH3 is crappy, I bought the superior version :D

That's a very manly bedspread you've got there.

Li Kao

Not long after LibHD released, I used GSM to back up my saves as I was moving to Win8.1 and included among the list of games the program detected was LibHD, so I assumed I was good to do, however I later discovered the hard way that GSM's entry for the game didn't actually have the save file location, just that of the game's config file. In assuming that a program named GameSave Manager wouldn't support games until their save file locations were known, I lost around 15 hours of progress.

Yeah that I understand, but I must be missing something else. Aveline add-on content is a Black Flag thing, no ? Reading you it feels like one need a LibHD save to access this content. Or I'm misunderstanding badly.

Good to hear I'm not the only one doing this :D

Lol, I must really have a bad case of OCD because I actively avoid doing it this way. Methodically cleaning up an area of all quests before doing them reminds me too much of Wow. Playing this way is a lot more effective but it feels too much like videogame work.
Yah, I' m strange.

JaseC

Yeah that I understand, but I must be missing something else. Aveline add-on content is a Black Flag thing, no ? Reading you it feels like one need a LibHD save to access this content. Or I'm misunderstanding badly.

I just wanted to play through LibHD before diving into the Aveline mini-campaign as the two are related and the former came first.

donny2112

Kinda wanted to make my own thread about this but didn't know how GAF rules are about deal threads so just posting in here to be safe.

Pool Nation is an absolute steal at $0.99: http://store.steampowered.com/app/254440/

Found it going through my queue and was kind of surprised that more people weren't playing it.

Think that was the one that was extremely highly recommended in the XBLA thread, but didn't want to get it on 360. Will buy on Steam! Thanks! :)

Li Kao

I just wanted to play through LibHD before diving into the Aveline mini-campaign as the two are related and the former came first.

Oh, so it's a personal choice and not a requirement, gotcha.

You misunderstand. I didn't restart because I thought I halted progress for myself; I restarted because I thought interrogation options were finite and in killing the orc I missed out on some info. Not necessary info, but unique info.

Fuck, this is not SteamGaf, this is OCDGaf. Jase must be a lost foreign cousin of mine, no other explanation.
Now imagine how I felt when I played Gay Tony earlier this week and realized that when you fail too many times a mission, the characters stop talking, even if they haven't really had the opportunity to say their whole dialog.
My OCD sense was tingling, I tell you.

I woke up today expecting to play some Assassin's Creed III before work, but the Ubi server is still down. It's been almost 24 hours and they haven't even mentioned it.

Li Kao

I woke up today expecting to play some Assassin's Creed III before work, but the Ubi server is still down. It's been almost 24 hours and they haven't even mentioned it.

Yup, this is the disgusting part. I get it that sometimes maintenance happens, or shit happens, it's not the end of the world.
But being totally silent about it, deleting facebook posts asking for clarification or replying on their official forum with typical BS reply (did you check this or that internet parameter), really rubs me the wrong way.
You make a mistake / have to do some maintenance ? Ok, but please could you avoid taking me for a moron, too ?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Yup, this is the disgusting part. I get it that sometimes maintenance happens, or shit happens, it's not the end of the world.
But being totally silent about it, deleting facebook posts asking for clarification or replying on their official forum with typical BS reply (did you check this or that internet parameter), really rubs me the wrong way.
You make a mistake / have to do some maintenance ? Ok, but please could you avoid taking me for a moron, too ?

Ubi gonna Ubi ... the moment you've given them money, you can just fuck right off - they don't give a damn

Guys I have a technical question, hoping someone can answer.
If I want to change a pc component (like the GPU), how can I check if my current PSU can still handle it?
I have a 650W PSU, and if in the future I'll change my GPU or CPU I want to check if I have to change it too

JaseC

No October thread?

It should be up later today/tomorrow.

Edit: Thought I refreshed the thread.

If I want to change a pc component (like the GPU), how can I check if my current PSU can still handle it?
I have a 650W PSU, and if in the future I'll change my GPU or CPU I want to check if I have to change it too

What make/model is it?

derExperte

You ask in the Build a PC thread. But with 650W you'll be able to stuff A LOT of hardware in your case. Given that it isn't a 10 year old p.o.s.

Ehy GAF, just found this in a local used market.
k2cfWn6.jpg

:D

And the DVD is new, I already own HD Collection on PS3 but since SH3 is crappy, I bought the superior version :D

I hear the port is fantastic. I'm playing the PC version of 2 at the moment, and can't wait to get to 3. Those games are good.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Some extras, enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Steam Bandits Outpost -- MB-665840BB28EA5BF0 - Taken by Phawx
Infinite Space III Sea of Stars -- MB-B0F8B3C95B34011E - Taken by Kryptonite
Dreaming Sarah -- MB-A825EF3B0AB2F881 - Taken by derExperte

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I hear the port is fantastic. I'm playing the PC version of 2 at the moment, and can't wait to get to 3. Those games are good.

It's pretty good.

Pros:
-The user has control over the internal rendering resolution (I played at 8192x4096)
-There are fixes to make widescreen work perfectly
-Setting up a controller with an external program like J2K takes two minutes
-Shits all over the "hd" re-release

Cons:
-Depth of field renders at a low res and can't be disabled (SH2 doesn't have this issue)
-Real-time shadows render at a low res that can't be improved (SH2 doesn't have this issue or it isn't as obvious)

Separate from the port, I think the games narrative is weak compared to SH2's and the reuse of some SH2 assets is a bit of a cop-out.

Here is the full set of SH3 shots I took when I replayed it a couple weeks ago. 117 total.

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Dreaming Sarah -- MB-C66192E196E22A29 - Taken by GaussTek
Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars -- MB-2080FC8B2FF6BDC4 - Taken by billmcdougal
Bleed -- MB-F434C3CE4C6A9F2E - Taken by DaBargainHunta

The PSU?
OCZ ZT Series 650W ATX 80Plus Bronze

Provided you have no intention of running a power-hungry dual-GPU setup, you're fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom