• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Don't buy it, I said. It's a bad game, I said. Listen to Chariot and Turfster, I said.

Never again.
Even with the 2 Euro that I will get probably out of it, plus the Playfire money, it's not even covering for half the price I paid for the game and not even a tenth of the mental damage I got from reading this shit.

kiyomi

Mhm, selling Sakura Spirit Cards makes me wet like the authors off the game where while writing the smut. I don't even need to use money to buy the Borderlands 2 DLCs, I just pay it with wallet money. Oh yessss~

Only one of my cards has sold. ( ._.)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
New Styx: Master of Shadows gameplay: Assassin's Green 2

tumblr_inline_mll63bxwna00.gif

(Well, actually, not quite; I haven't pre-ordered it yet.)

it's like they're targeting their trailers SPECIFICALLY at Jase :p

It even features collectables!

styxhmu3m.jpg

4 GB? Get out of here! In my time we had a 500 MB and 1 GB drives and we liked it.

And I laugh at your MMX technology. My dad's was a Pentium 90 MHz with 24 MB RAM. That machine barely ran Quake 2, and loading times were awful. It's amazing how far we've come.

Can't help but feel that every 50 pages people try to one up their old man/womanship haha.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Even with the 2 Euro that I will get probably out of it, plus the Playfire money, it's not even covering for half the price I paid for the game and not even a tenth of the mental damage I got from reading this shit.

That's not counting the 50% off sale price I would have bought it at or the potential foil prices though :p

Turfster

Is Styx open world or individual levels?

Levels, I'm thinking.
I haven't seen anything about open world, which is usually a buzzword that gets thrown around at the earliest opportunity.

Edit: Store blurb doesn't help.
"Prowl through the huge tower, completing various missions"
"mission areas"
"explore levels"

Chariot

Only one of my cards has sold. ( ._.)
Patience. Boobies will never not sell.

New Styx: Master of Shadows gameplay: Assassin's Green 2
Wow, that actually looking fantastic. If I weren't already kinda hot for Pre-Sequel, Mordor and Divinity:OS, I would totally buy it.

That's not counting the 50% off sale price I would have bought it at or the potential foil prices though :p
At that point there weren't any playfire money left for it and you still would've paid stuff. Keep in mind, the game is worth less than nothing.

JaseC

Jase, so you like AC-like games with tons of Collectibles, right?
Have you tried Shadow of Mordor already?

I played it for about half an hour, however I accidentally killed an orc I was supposed to interrogate, so I stopped... then I started a new game only to stop once more as I realised Styx is out in less than a week. I'll probably save Mordor for later.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
While I think it still looks terrific, that's not entirely untrue.

It's a big downgrade compared to the L'oreal wolves from their presentation last year

well, it's nvidia fur after all ;) we'll get it in the PC version :)

Turfster

I don't see it, is it regional discount or something?

Works in Europe, dunno about the US or others.

I want Styx more and more, but it would take all my card money I've been saving for winter sale... and Cyanide have also done things that weren't well executed.
Decisions.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I played it for about half an hour, however I accidentally killed an orc I was supposed to interrogate, so I stopped... then I started a new game only to stop once more as I realised Styx is out in less than a week. I'll probably save Mordor for later.

famous last words ;)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
There are literally infinite orcs to interrogate.

Arthea

Any word on Peggle 2 for PC? Because I'll probably not be able to control myself when it comes to PS4 in two weeks. Which is exactly what EA counts on.
There was announcement that exclusivity deal is over, I posted about it some time ago and silence after that.
I need it on PC, though.

zkylon

zkylewd
haven't been posting much cos been like on a gamemaker spree and haven't gotten any time to play anything but a bit of league but love the new saoirse :p

i really want to play wasteland or the dark souls dlc :/

The Witcher III |OT| Next gen wolves? Fur get about it!

witcha 3 |ot| the plowening

o wait hadn't seen that thread. that's hilarious

JaseC

Care to elaborate ? I'm not sure I follow you and LibHD and Black Flag are definitely on my to play list.

Not long after LibHD released, I used GSM to back up my saves as I was moving to Win8.1 and included among the list of games the program detected was LibHD, so I assumed I was good to do, however I later discovered the hard way that GSM's entry for the game didn't actually have the save file location, just that of the game's config file. In assuming that a program named GameSave Manager wouldn't support games until their save file locations were known, I lost around 15 hours of progress.

Chariot

Why is Sunrider free? It looks pretty cool.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/313730/

Does it feature micro-transactions? Are they fair?
Kickstarter Projekt. Yes.

No. "-".

From the Kickstarter page:
  • Sunrider is FREEWARE. The game will be released for free upon completion.
  • Obviously, Love in Space has an absolutely zero DRM stance.
  • You are free to modify, translate, mod, and/or expand upon Sunrider is any manner you choose, so long as you do not charge other people money for any of Sunrider's assets.
  • Love in Space gives you the right to use Sunrider in any other manner you want, with the only condition being you do not charge other people money for any part of Sunrider.
Keeping Sunrider free is made possible largely through the generous contributions of people like you. I expect to carry the majority of the production costs myself. However, any donations you make will go a long way in making Sunrider a great game.

Shadownet

Banned
Wow. Congrats Shadow. How was the 100%? Easy enough or was there some hiccups here and there? I'm really digging the game so I might just go for the full thing.

I had to restart the game quite a few times on 2 certain missions because the game bugged out on me and wouldn't let me hit the QTE. It was a bit annoying but I got past it. Also anofbef mission where I kept failing like 7 times cause I couldn't sneak around successfully.

18 hours and 100% achievements, I read the devs said the game would last around 30/35 hours lol.
I finished it so quickly probably because whenever I visit an area for the first time. I immediately go do all the sidequests and everything else to minimize the backtracking I need to do. :) plus later on when you can mount a Caragos and unlock all fast travel points. It get a lot quicker to move around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom