• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate |OT| Name Subject to Change

Ack, when I ordered from Amazon UK it said the international shipping would be something like 6-10 business days but my shipment email is saying the end of the month. Hopefully they're just giving a worst case scenario lol.

I'm just sitting at my email waiting for a dispatch notice from Amazon UK. Come on, pull through for me!

Edit: refreshed my email, it should be here tomorrow <3

I won a code from a Facebook giveaway today and immediately downloaded it to my Vita. I just finished the prologue and, so far, it's well done and enjoyable. Can't wait to meet the other characters and get the story started proper. :)

Also, awesome OT :)

Quick question for those in the know:

If I order the UK version for my American vita, I know it will work but will I still unlock trophies? I'm on the fence here.

MetalDeer

Should I go standard or limited edition? To those who know, would you say the art book is worth 16€?

I haven't seen any impressions on the artbook included with the LE, but if you are looking for a good Steins;Gate artbook, you can't really beat Imaginations of Huke.

vq5vaUe.jpg

kierwynn

Amazon UK shipped my copy! Estimated date for arrival is towards the end of the month tho womp Got cheap shipping to the US. Gonna have to balance my time between this and Heavensward, but super excited to play it. Don't really know anything about it, but I've heard so many good things!

Anyone who preordered this on Vita via Zavvi had any word about dispatch yet? I know, I know, Zavvi are fucking abominable, but they did briefly have it at £16, so I kind of had to bite.

flohen95

Anyone who preordered this on Vita via Zavvi had any word about dispatch yet? I know, I know, Zavvi are fucking abominable, but they did briefly have it at £16, so I kind of had to bite.

No, I'm in the same situation. I'm going to assume that they haven't dispatched anyone's copies yet, though it would be nice to hear from someone who bought it at Zavvi for the normal price whether his/her copy has been dispatched, because, currently, all those reporting that Zavvi haven't done anything pre-ordered when the price was so low (well, why else would you pre-order at Zavvi, really).

To be honest, though, I don't think this has anything to do with the price and it's just your typical Zavvi fuckery. Hopefully.

Saphirax

No, I'm in the same situation. I'm going to assume that they haven't dispatched anyone's copies yet, though it would be nice to hear from someone who bought it at Zavvi for the normal price whether his/her copy has been dispatched, because, currently, all those reporting that Zavvi haven't done anything pre-ordered when the price was so low (well, why else would you pre-order at Zavvi, really).

To be honest, though, I don't think this has anything to do with the price and it's just your typical Zavvi fuckery. Hopefully.

I preordered from Zavvi for £22 and mine is estimated to ship tomorrow. Will report if it does (or doesn't).

Trailer doesn't really give you any idea what the game is about, also contains some spoilers.
Are they obvious things that scream "spoiler" or only if you've played the game/watched the anime?
Sony should be plugging this on their Youtube Playstation channel.
They should. I'm actually surprised they have nothing. I guess maybe they haven't because the YouTube channel is shared by EU and NA, so they don't want to put it up if there's no SCEA announcement yet? Dunno.

They should. I'm actually surprised they have nothing. I guess maybe they haven't because the YouTube channel is shared by EU and NA, so they don't want to put it up if there's no SCEA announcement yet? Dunno.

It was mentioned on the EU blog that they're planning a post for tomorrow!

My Shopto copy got here today, and I'm going to play it in bed tonight.

Cannot wait, but I'm going to bow out of all threads for it after this to avoid any spoilers. Like DanganRonpa, I want to keep it a fresh experience.

Keeping in mind I know nothing about this game apart from time travel being a core element of the story, I was looking at the cast in the OP and had to ask - is this a Katawa Shoujo type deal where you pick a route with a character, or is there no romance involved whatsoever? I don't really care either way, I'm just curious. I'd rather it didn't have the whole pick-a-waifu thing going on in all honesty.

Keeping in mind I know nothing about this game apart from time travel being a core element of the story, I was looking at the cast in the OP and had to ask - is this a Katawa Shoujo type deal where you pick a route with a character, or is there no romance involved whatsoever? I don't really care either way, I'm just curious. I'd rather it didn't have the whole pick-a-waifu thing going on in all honesty.
There are character-focused endings depending on your choices, which do tend to involve some amount of romance. I wouldn't go as far as calling them routes, though.

There are character-focused endings depending on your choices, which do tend to involve some amount of romance. I wouldn't go as far as calling them routes, though.

That's interesting, thanks. I get the impression it's in my best interests to leave it at that, so I won't pry anymore.

bobohoro

Is that digital price really final? Like, not a mistake? I'm still kinda holding out until tomorrow to see if they truly go through with this insanity before I order a physical copy. :/

Jazzem

Gutted my copy from GAME hasn't arrived, it got sent on Tuesday as 1st class but hasn't arrived :( Was looking forward to it the whole work day!

I adore visual novels, they have such great potential for storytelling and have often offered my favourite gaming narratives. I've heard how legendary Steins Gate is for years but wanted to play it on a handheld, can't wait to get absorbed into this on the Vita screen!

Hopefully you can come back and talk. I'd like to see a liberal use of spoiler tags in this thread.

So I'm back sooner than I thought, for a couple of things :p

1. Just a heads up for people who bought the Vita version - there's a minor issue with the text on this that I dunno if it was a problem with the PC version, but it's an oddity here. Basically if there's a word with an apostrophe at the end of the line, it messes up the text formatting. For example something like:

"And he said to me don
't go to there"

It's not game breaking or anything, but I've noticed it a couple of times already and it's slightly annoying.

2. Pqube are publishing this in EU. But they don't do any localization work do they? They're just using JAST USA's translation and publishing it for other consoles.

Basically what I'm asking is - what are the chances of the other science adventure games coming over after this one? Since Pqube haven't done the localization themselves, are they going to have to wait for JAST to pick up something else, or....?

FDC1

Game is now up on the european PS stores if you're interested despite the outrageous prices

Edit:

For OT, PS3 version is 5.5Gb

My Vita copy was "dispatched" from Amazon UK today! Now the wait for international shipping begins.

I just want to let you know that A.R. is the best opening song for Steins;Gate.

Sky Clad Observer is my personal favorite game opener, but the best opener period is The Moment Your Decision Was Made from the anime movie Steins;Gate: Burdened Domain of Deja Vu.

Etria

Excited to finally play this soon after watching a few episodes of the anime as recommended by a friend, but so glad I stopped! Want to experience the story as it was meant to be :D

Awaiting my copy shipped two days ago. Hope it doesn't take too long from the UK.

Top Bottom