• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate |OT| Name Subject to Change

JimPanzer

Bought and downloading right now. It's 1.6 Gig if anyone's wondering.
Can't wait to get into this. I'm feeling a bit hung over from yesterday night and got nothing to do for the whole day :)

My non-Rice LE arrived just now:

P8IVLxQ.jpg

Can anyone who is in the US and imported from Amazon.co.uk tell me what they paid in total?
My impatience wins this battle and im planning on ordering later today.
Vita version.

My non-Rice LE arrived just now:
PLAY IT!
Can anyone who is in the US and imported from Amazon.co.uk tell me what they paid in total?
My impatience wins this battle and im planning on ordering later today.
Vita version.
Yeah, I'm in the USA and I paid £23.16 (with shipping) which is around $35.50. Unfortunately, the price seems to have gone up and Amazon itself is actually out of stock temporarily. If it comes back in stock soon, with shipping it'll run you around £26.80 now (with shipping) which is around $41. It's not a terrible price considering the uncertainty as to when SCEA will actually approve the game, let alone when the game would get to retailers. The main downside is the long wait for shipping.

PLAY IT!

Yeah, I'm in the USA and I paid £23.16 (with shipping) which is around $35.50. Unfortunately, the price seems to have gone up and Amazon itself is actually out of stock temporarily. If it comes back in stock soon, with shipping it'll run you around £26.80 now (with shipping) which is around $41. It's not a terrible price considering the uncertainty as to when SCEA will actually approve the game, let alone when the game would get to retailers. The main downside is the long wait for shipping.

Thanks for the reply.
I just saw that as well.
still its my best option it seems.
rice digital is even pricier.
ill wait til this evening and hope for an amazon restock, if not ill take that slightly more expensive option from the other amazon seller.

So, pre-empting Zavvi's usual asshattery, I sent them a message a few days back about the state of my Steins;Gate order. Just got a reply:
Zavvi said:
Sent by: Zavvi UK. 05 June 2015, 8:16

Hello Mr X,

Thank you for getting in touch to ask about the estimated dispatch of Steins;Gate.

I am really sorry that this has not yet been dispatched. Steins;Gate is on special order for you with our supplier but at this time they are unable to give me a date for when they will have it back in stock. In the meantime our buyers are trying to obtain this for you from other suppliers.

You can check the status of your order at any time by logging into your account and following the prompts. Once your order has been sent you will receive an e-mail to tell you it is on its way.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Chris
Zavvi Customer Service Team
Anyone familiar with Zavvi knows that 'special order' means absolutely fuck all.
I've written back telling them to stop sending me rote responses and actually read and answer the question. We'll see if that does anything. Probably not!

My limited edition with the Art Book's just arrived from Game. Came in a box. A surprisingly big box, actually, usually it's just in a slip and sent through the door. It's rather nice.

This might also be the only game I own where I've got a trophy just for pressing start, too. Although given what I know of the game, it probably makes sense. It's got a 99.2% rarity rate.

0.8% people who have the game haven't pressed start yet. They have made their choice.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
just got a notification from amazon that my parcel will be delivered tomorrow. First time prime has let me down :/

If I've already watched the anime, is it worth playing the game? I don't really have spare cash to throw around, especially with Arkham Knight round the corner.

Game dispatched my copy mid-day Tuesday, still not arrived as of today. I could literally have walked to their warehouse and collected it in person by now.

Yaari

Damn Zavvi. They were cheaper but their shitty shipping will take 2 weeks to reach me. Bleh. And they have not even shipped it at all yet.

Price has blown up at Amazon, wow.

I've never paid attention to this game before, but this OT sold me on it. I've got a handful of other visual novels to play first though.

Got my Rice LE yesterday, really loving the art so far. I already watched the anime, but it looks a lot more generic by comparison.

Metal Upa!

Sinthetic

Got my Rice LE today. It's a great set. The pins and Metal Upa are very high quality, especially the figure as it has a great weight.

The Artbook is full of amazing concept art, backgrounds and fan service stuff. Yes Mayuri even has a bikini shot.

Hope you all get yours safely! Can't wait to dig in as it's one of my favourite Anime.

D3vH0Pe.jpg

0Ovoks7.jpg

xfYYPl1.jpg

ZTdHiPg.jpg

P2XFuYg.jpg

wlzXJiJ.jpg

BJUcVod.jpg

lGVhW4J.jpg

gTNhcVF.jpg

nZpvkaQ.jpg

Prelude.

Still no dispatch note from Zavvi and to make things even better the game doesn't appear to be listed on their website now.
That's how they do when a game's out of stock. You can still find them through Google though.

So, pre-empting Zavvi's usual asshattery, I sent them a message a few days back about the state of my Steins;Gate order. Just got a reply:

Anyone familiar with Zavvi knows that 'special order' means absolutely fuck all.
I've written back telling them to stop sending me rote responses and actually read and answer the question. We'll see if that does anything. Probably not!
Goddammit, Zavvi. I pre-ordered the moment it went up on their website. How can you fuck this up?

Got my Rice LE today. It's a great set. The pins and Metal Upa are very high quality, especially the figure as it has a great weight.

The Artbook is full of amazing concept art, backgrounds and fan service stuff. Yes Mayuri even has a bikini shot.

Hope you all get yours safely! Can't wait to dig in as it's one of my favourite Anime.

D3vH0Pe.jpg

0Ovoks7.jpg

xfYYPl1.jpg

ZTdHiPg.jpg

P2XFuYg.jpg

wlzXJiJ.jpg

BJUcVod.jpg

lGVhW4J.jpg

gTNhcVF.jpg

nZpvkaQ.jpg

This is not helping my impatience.
Im looking at 47$ USD for my amazon uk copy.
Screw it im in.

I keep doing this, I *swear* that I'll never pre-order from zavvi again, but I'll still order a few bits & pieces from them from time to time and the orders will turn up OK and then they'll offer a pre-order at a great price and I'll go through this whole deal again.

no more! im not going to get sucked in by your compelling pricing anymore, meeester zavvi!

I keep doing this, I *swear* that I'll never pre-order from zavvi again, but I'll still order a few bits & pieces from them from time to time and the orders will turn up OK and then they'll offer a pre-order at a great price and I'll go through this whole deal again.

no more! im not going to get sucked in by your compelling pricing anymore, meeester zavvi!

Yeah I got a cheap pre-order at zavvi but I just knew this would happen (and shipping takes ages to EU) so I got another copy from GAME. Zavvi is trash. People should contact support and tweet to @zavvi until we get a reply that's not made by a robot. :)

bobawesome

"You could almost bludgeon someone with it, and watch them as that life essence spills from them onto the floor. You kneel down and pin the second badge onto their lapel as they lie still, matching your own. 'Tuturu,' you whisper into their ear. 'Tuturu.' ”

Nice pictures as always, Sin.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Well fuck.

Accidentally bought the PS3 version from the PSN store rather than the Vita one. Upon further inspection I'm not even seeing a Vita version on there.

Well fuck.

Accidentally bought the PS3 version from the PSN store rather than the Vita one. Upon further inspection I'm not even seeing a Vita version on there.

I'd contact Sony asap. You can find the Vita version directly through the store on the Vita for now.

Rosur

xfYYPl1.jpg

Man I want one of those lab member badges... Will pick up the PS3 version at some point in the summer (be my first Visual Novel).

flohen95

The thing with Zavvi is: When I ordered, I did it knowing that the game will likely be shipped too late. Because, to be honest, I'm patient when it comes to this game. I wasn't really interested in it before, I know almost nothing about it, I haven't watched the anime (I don't really watch anime in general). I can wait. I'd just like to know whether I'll actually get a copy from Zavvi or not, because I would like to own a physical copy of the game eventually and I would like to get it for a decent price and not only find out that my order won't go through once the game is in short supply and I'm fucked.

I mean, today's "only" the release date, so it's not too bad yet, but I hope that we'll get some clarification from Zavvi soon.

bobawesome

I just looked at this and it seems I could have the Limited Edition Vita version shipped to me for a little over $58. This is probably a stupid question, but is it the exact same product that is currently being sold in the UK? Screenshots show that it's still in English. in the meantime, I've cancelled my Zavvi order.

I just looked at this and it seems I could have the Limited Edition Vita version shipped to me for a little over $58. This is probably a stupid question, but is it the exact same product that is currently being sold in the UK? Screenshots show that it's still in English. in the meantime, I've cancelled my Zavvi order.

That's the LE I posted before (post #202). Box is in Spanish/Italian but the game itself is English only outside Japan.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'd contact Sony asap. You can find the Vita version directly through the store on the Vita for now.

I first checked the store on my Vita, but it wasn't there then so I went to check the site.

Sucks there isn't an online support option.

Mexen

D3vH0Pe.jpg

0Ovoks7.jpg

xfYYPl1.jpg

ZTdHiPg.jpg

P2XFuYg.jpg

wlzXJiJ.jpg

BJUcVod.jpg

lGVhW4J.jpg

gTNhcVF.jpg

nZpvkaQ.jpg

Congrats on your purchase. That looks awesome.

Wampiro

Neo Member
I had the limited ps3 edition reserved in Amazon Spain and they didn´t deliver it yet, and I´m becoming suspicius after reading how Zavvi and Game are cancelling preorders like there is no tomorrow.

If by tonight Amazon doesn´t check my purchase as "shipped", I´ll probably be screwed big time. I´ll update you guys in case someone wants to buy it there.

EDIT: It seems ike the same is happening in other spanish stores like Game and Xtralife, DAMN IT.

LiK

Those lab member badges look the same as the JAST LE ones. But the Metal Upa is pretty damn cool.

I had the limited ps3 edition reserved in Amazon Spain and they didn´t deliver it yet, and I´m becoming suspicius after reading how Zavvi and Game are cancelling preorders like there is no tomorrow.

If by tonight Amazon doesn´t check my purchase as "shipped", I´ll probably be screwed big time. I´ll update you guys in case someone wants to buy it there.

EDIT: It seems ike the same is happening in other spanish stores like Game and Xtralife, DAMN IT.

The steins gate hunger is real

PikkonX

I was looking around at all the online stores I could think of yesterday and was unable to find this game for purchase. Then I realized, the US doesn't have a release date yet. I've never played a visual novel before, but I've been looking forward to picking this up. Any suggestions on some of the better games in the genre that I can pick up now on Vita to get me ready?

These might be exceptions. I bought my VITA LE from Fnac.es and it was already shipped by June the 3rd.

Also, the VITA LE was out of stock since a few hours after the preorders opened in Amazon.es and now it's back, so it seems Amazon has received the product.

LiK

Sucks to be reading about supply issues. Also sucks that NA still hasn't received a damn release date.

MetalDeer

Ahh, it looks better than I thought it would. Can't wait 'till I get mine!

International shipping is going to take forever.

Top Bottom