• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

Gp1

IF anyone can read German. This is a pretty good opinion piece which also state the goal of Wall street. A Short Squeeze which would make all of these investor to millionaires or even more. As an example he bouhgt VW Short Squeze so the hope is that after Hedgefunds who have options have to buy Gamestock Stop but no one wants to sell so these prices will not go to the hundred but more like Thousand a piece.

Schlacht um Gamestop: Gemeinsam gegen das Empire - WELT

They want Hedgefunds to bleed the fuck out because when their options are runing out they have to buy these stocks and this will let the price fucking explode.

Paywalled?

Last edited:
Wonder what Robinhood will IPO at this quarter.
Knowing my luck that's the company Ackman and his spac (PSTH) is trying to merge with, I'd be so fucked, lol

haxan7

Banned
0FIFq2W.jpg

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Hey guys just popping in, AAPL is a buy at this price. I would put a few dollars in it prob 3.0% of you portfolio. Near the oversold region. I have a value of almost 200 based on FCF

Nice catch. Always good to keep an eye on the FAANGs when this kinda volatility is hitting.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I;m so tempted to jump on these high priced stocks, but the last time I had big dollar stocks was dabbling with 20 shares of old ass Sun Microsystems during the dot com days when it was $100+ US.

Although I did rebuy LSPD at $90 cdn. Everything else I have is $30 or less.

Last edited:

BigBooper

Wow it is diving. Market Markers must be taking a hit on volatlity. If this continues, would this be classified as black swan event?
Chamath thought that hedge funds were having to sell other positions to meet their obligations. I think this whole GME thing will have a bigger impact yet. The price is staying high.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Chamath thought that hedge funds were having to sell other positions to meet their obligations. I think this whole GME thing will have a bigger impact yet. The price is staying high.
Ya I thought this would stop today but it seems it could go on for a few more weeks. The stocks with the highest ownership may take a hit first and then the rest of the market.

Hmmm.......kindda regretting that buy now that I realize this. Apple could go lower in the coming week if this continues. Meh ill just buy more.

Ya I thought this would stop today but it seems it could go on for a few more weeks. The stocks with the highest ownership may take a hit first and then the rest of the market.

Hmmm.......kindda regretting that buy now that I realize this. Apple could go lower in the coming week if this continues. Meh ill just buy more.

Sort of aside, what do you think of JNJ today? It's down 4% today, but has steady long-term growth over the past 5 years, roughly 9%/year.

ManofOne

Plus Member
So, here's the issue. bc of the volatility, to remain delta neutral, Market Makers are selling off their better assets for liquidity. I suspect that the SEC or some committee will move in and stop all these eventually b/c it hurting market activity and portfolios.

Its now shifting against those who are long GME. We'll see how it goes in the coming days but another black swan event is on the horizon if this continues.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Sort of aside, what do you think of JNJ today? It's down 4% today, but has steady long-term growth over the past 5 years, roughly 9%/year.

JNJ is the best for dividends. Not necessarily a growth stock if you look at its performance vs the S&p 500 it could outperform the S&P this year but imo if you looking at holding longer term. There are better dividend paying stocks that outperform. MSFT for instance, or Apple.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So, here's the issue. bc of the volatility, to remain delta neutral, Market Makers are selling off their better assets for liquidity. I suspect that the SEC or some committee will move in and stop all these eventually b/c it hurting market activity and portfolios.

Its now shifting against those who are long GME. We'll see how it goes in the coming days but another black swan event is on the horizon if this continues.
I'm surprised GME is still holding so well. With today being expiry day, platform gimping or banning GME buys, you'd think it would sell off. Maybe Monday will be the day, people bail. Or perhaps, the reddit revolution is so strong, it'll keep going.

ManofOne

Plus Member
I'm surprised GME is still holding so well. With today being expiry day, platform gimping or banning GME buys, you'd think it would sell off. Maybe Monday will be the day, people bail. Or perhaps, the reddit revolution is so strong, it'll keep going.

I'm surprise too, I'm guessing ppl sold their options yesterday and reenter newer positions. Which scares me for next week. The weekend will give the SEC enough time to make some bs rules. They prob limit it on stocks with high short percentages.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What a chicken. Looks like Citron doesn't want to publicly bash companies for fear the reddit crowd will go against his short bets.

Top Bottom