• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

Dunki

IF anyone can read German. This is a pretty good opinion piece which also state the goal of Wall street. A Short Squeeze which would make all of these investor to millionaires or even more. As an example he bouhgt VW Short Squeze so the hope is that after Hedgefunds who have options have to buy Gamestock Stop but no one wants to sell so these prices will not go to the hundred but more like Thousand a piece.

Schlacht um Gamestop: Gemeinsam gegen das Empire - WELT

They want Hedgefunds to bleed the fuck out because when their options are runing out they have to buy these stocks and this will let the price fucking explode.

Last edited:

Irobot82

I hope when they have their IPO that nobody is allowed to buy in; only sell. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Well she probably has 10x the surface area you do. A serving platter is gonna look a lot whiter than a teacup saucer!
Well I'm half British so I got some chompers too. No worries.

eot

Banned
IF anyone can read German. This is a pretty good opinion piece which also state the goal of Wall street. A Short Squeeze which would make all of these investor to millionaires or even more. As an example he bouhgt VW Short Squeze so the hope is that after Hedgefunds who have options have to buy Gamestock Stop but no one wants to sell so these prices will not go to the hundred but more like Thousand a piece.

Schlacht um Gamestop: Gemeinsam gegen das Empire - WELT

They want Hedgefunds to bleed the fuck out because when their options are runing out they have to buy these stocks and this will let the price fucking explode.
No need to speak German, just use deepl

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Market down big today. Damn son
jurassic park dinosaur GIF

Aesius

The fact that RH is allowing even 5 shares to be purchased is big for today. A lot of people will jump on the bandwagon and RH is an easy way to get into the market. Also 5 shares is plenty for people who just want a chance to make a little money without risking too much. That said, fuck RH for what they did yesterday and for limiting buys period.

Last edited:

Dunki

The fact that RH is allowing even 5 shares to be purchased is big for today. A lot of people will jump on the bandwagon and RH is an easy way to get into the market. Also 5 shares is plenty for people who just want a chance to make a little money without risking too much. That said, fuck RH for what they did yesterday and for limiting buys period.
We Need to stop acting line they are the good guys. They are restricting access not to save you but hedge funds. Because if their option is running out thy have to buy no matter how high it is

Aesius

We Need to stop acting line they are the good guys. They are restricting access not to save you but hedge funds. Because if their option is running out thy have to buy no matter how high it is
Not saying they are good guys at all. They're scum. But the more access the common man has to buying GME, the better. And most people who are just now hearing about it or just now deciding to get in on the action aren't gonna buy more than 5 shares anyway.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

The fuckers will cease trading on it again quick as lightning if things go similar to yesterday.

Dunki

Not saying they are good guys at all. They're scum. But the more access the common man has to buying GME, the better. And most people who are just now hearing about it or just now deciding to get in on the action aren't gonna buy more than 5 shares anyway.
Thgen go someonewhere else. They are there o protect the money.

Lets say hedgefunds bought these options when the share was 4 $ and to make money the stock has to go under 4 $. They bought maybe 10 Million Stocks

Now imagine if these shares do not go down but go up to 400 . When their optin is running out the HAVE to buy and if no one is selligg for 400 they have to go even higher even if its 1000. So with EACH sahre they make a minus of 996$ Now take this times 10 Million. Thats over 9 BILLION Dolllar they will will lose and probably can not even pay because they have almost no liquidity

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Even though you can probably find this on your own with screeners and such, but it wont be totally up to date.

But my bro said US banks might release lists of the most recently shorted stocks. So keep an eye on it if you are still interested in jumping into heavy short stocks.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
One guy at work bought in at $110-120 earlier this week and after we spoke it dropped to like $90 and he was pissed. Havent spoke to him yet since GME broke $300. lol

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Expect to see a lot of that today. Let's see if it drops right after, now that more people have seen that happen throughout the week.

Still lots of new people, I think. WSB got another 1+ million subs yesterday and I think all of the Robinhood news really shined a light on all of this.

Amory

After yesterday idk why anyone is still using robinhood. fuck that

it's not that hard to open an account with a company that isn't pulling the kind of BS they did yesterday

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So both GME and AMC halted already?

It's going to happen a lot. I don't know the full details, but any time a market price fluctuates a certain percentage, trading on that ticker gets halted for like 5 minutes.

Amory

How many allow immediate trading, though?
I'm not sure, but yesterday should've at least been an opportunity to open a new account and put some money in.

If you have to use RH for a few more days, whatever, but I'd at least be transitioning away

After yesterday idk why anyone is still using robinhood. fuck that

it's not that hard to open an account with a company that isn't pulling the kind of BS they did yesterday

It does take a few days to open an account at a brokerage. They may even do a background check.

Top Bottom