• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranglehold is £2.09 (~$3?) on GoG.com

Kuranghi

Stranglehold is really cheap on GoG.com, worth a punt if you love Max Payne, it has some nice physics interactions and its generally just silly fun. Expands the narrative of Hard Boiled/Inspector Tequila as well if you are a big fan of HK John Woo films.

Fbh

If anyone is wondering.

Yes there are doves:
EnergeticComplicatedGar-max-1mb.gif

JimiNutz

Banned
I remember this being fun back in the day and the destruction during gun fights being very satisfying.
No idea how it'll hold up today but for that price it's basically free.

Last edited:
Man I remember this clearly. I got it during the early days of the 360.

Was typical John Woo whack. Definitely worth the $2.50 to add to your collection for preservation if you care, or even a fun playthrough again, if the PC port isn't broken.

Edit - typo

Last edited:

Kuranghi

For anyone thats played it all, does he ever actually drink a tequila slammer in this one? (Like in the Hard Boiled intro) I have my doubts but would be a cool touch.

YCoCg

For anyone thats played it all, does he ever actually drink a tequila slammer in this one? (Like in the Hard Boiled intro) I have my doubts but would be a cool touch.
Yes, when he gets to the bar around the mid point of the first level.

Also, just to note this game goes downhill fast, the first few levels really are the best, once it goes to the tropical island it kinda takes a dive.

Kuranghi

Yes, when he gets to the bar around the mid point of the first level.

Also, just to note this game goes downhill fast, the first few levels really are the best, once it goes to the tropical island it kinda takes a dive.

Sounds like its a reverse A Better Tomorrow II ha.

Thanks for this, Thought this game went missing after being removed from Steam. Just got myself a copy now, This game is quality.

Last edited:

Dane

Bought it, had finished the PC disc version years ago, it demanded a hefty 25GB space back at the time.

Dane

remember when this caused a massive uproar? lol

Yeah, I tought the game was hardware demanding, but nah, it ran pretty well here on my 8600gt, I think it was actually said to be 40-50GB on the official system requirements and the game only have resolution and two small visual options to change LOL.

lucius

I picked this up been wanting to play it again. I couldn't get my Xbox controllers to work with it even with Steam Big picture was about to try to try get a refund but got it working with the Dualsense with Steam beta just binded the keys turned down mouse sensitivity and was good to go. Such a fun game, is there a FOV fix I see none in options

RNG

I picked this up been wanting to play it again. I couldn't get my Xbox controllers to work with it even with Steam Big picture was about to try to try get a refund but got it working with the Dualsense with Steam beta just binded the keys turned down mouse sensitivity and was good to go. Such a fun game, is there a FOV fix I see none in options
Here's the FOV fix: https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/1590-stranglehold-hor-fov-fix

If you're using GOG Galaxy you'll have to disable the overlay through the settings.

Top Bottom