• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter VI |OT| VI is for VICTORY

KAOS

Some themes...

ccYK1JO.jpg

TccJJ1d.jpg

CFWfy57.jpg

cJ7fLjT.jpg

rDCYHEo.jpg

When you put your opponent in an infinite blender to the point they turn into a sea of cosmic dust and particles. Dude became a damn nebula.

Rickyiez

Yep. I've gotten used to it by now. It's not hard, but the new method seems pretty useful for cancelling from crouching normals. It's only one less input, but it makes a pretty sizable difference in a game where a dropped input can regularly mean you lose.
It makes cr.mk xx drive rush hit confirmable for plebs like me, carried me to Diamond 2 so far.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I wish they tightened up the World Tour mode a bit.

Constantly having these 3-4 second fights against low level goons is annoying as hell.
It kind of stops after you have leveled up enough since the mooks run away from you.

Last edited:

Hot5pur

I have played a good 10-15 hours ranked, it's quite good.
- matches load quickly
- characters are very unique to fight against
- match making feels really good in terms of opponent strength
- rank is less emphasized as it's more difficult to rank down
- netcode is really good, I had like 1 bad connection (3-5 star setting)
- seems this game has more options for making a character play more uniquely, so adapting is a constant thing
- drive impact is actually a nice mechanic
- music is good

Cons
- Rashid players get on my nerves
- 1000 drive tickets per character per color is ridiculous
- can't buy characters without buying a coin pack
- monetization in general seems crappy, but I'll grab the eventual key for the season pass at some point for less than $20. First season is kinda meh, Akuma will be cool though

Also if you are looking for a new controller I recommend the RAC j800. Was very quick to adjust to leverless and some cancels would just not be possible with my dexterity.

Last edited:
Alright, didn't have the best night but managed to get my Blanka up to Platinum, halfway to 2 stars, the grind is real. The Ken infestation is out of control, literally every other match I had was a Ken and though they are less prevalent I'm surprised there are still players using Modern controls at this rank, do they disappear at Diamond? Anyway, the game is so damn good, truly the gift that keeps on giving.

[Sigma]

Dang, Go1 absolutely washed Caba(sent to losers). Mena beat Daigo. Nephew is out. AngryBird beat Momochi.

Last edited:

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
So Diago (Ken) lost to Mena (Blanka) in pools huh ? was off stream but that’s what I heard.
Absolutely lame. Really hope mena doesn’t win. Don’t really care who wins evo as long as it’s not him.

Last edited:

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Wow watching Tokido (Ken) lose to Hitani (modern chun) was so dumb.

Half the match Tokido can’t do anything because 1/2 his buttons, a jump or fireball would result in instant CA and death. Tokido didn’t lose to Chun, he lost to moderns ability to insta punish moves. It’s fucking stupid imo.

And James and David trying to sell it so hard. “Oh chun loses moves” apparently it doesn’t matter. Lmafo. Also David calling classic and modern “isms” is a crock of shit.

Feel bad for Tokido. Modern is a cancer on the game. Completely destroys neutral and changes the entire game.

[Sigma]

Haitani is the modern GOD. I can see the new modern "I told you so" video coming from Jiyuna already lol.

[Sigma]

Looked online and saw some folks are upset at mirror finals lol. Those game are not in there prime anymore and balance isn't kept up nor would it really help in the case of Marvel and DBFZ because the best players left still playing the game would still gravitate toward the best characters in the end resulting in the same situation potentially. Players at the top usually have at least 2 of the 3 same top tier with the 3rd being some character that's a personal joy to play to them. Ive seen some truly sickening DBFZ/Marvel top 8 results. This is mild in comparison. That said, the Marvel 3 Evp grand finals was boring to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom