• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter VI |OT| VI is for VICTORY

Celcius

°Temp. member
Where's the best place to grind for experience in world tour mode once you're near/at the end?
Also, which shop sells the best items?

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

balrog vs marisa rule 34

marisa-koda1ra-street-fighter-6-v0-uw5ir5mqqx4a1.jpg

thumbnail_dee892109f3b8699b098f0e8616ca030.jpg

Last edited:

Lasha

Having crossplay between Playstation and Xbox on Street Fighter is pretty much all I ever wanted out of the series since Live and PSN emerged. Adding PC players is a major bonus.
Having this many platforms crossplay seamlessly will basically result in endless competition online. There will always be someone new to play.

Even in SF4's 360 heyday - you would still find yourself running into familiar names - and the competition went full super nerd after a while.
With so many fish in the player pool - the likelihood of that happening is low - at least for a long while.
I like when online fighters remain at at least an intermediate level of play - and not full on FGC nerddom.

I can see people still playing this game years and years from now - the same as all Street Fighters really...

Nerddom is a bad way to express the phenomenon. SF5 had crossplay with PC. The standard of play still increased post launch. SF5 had a good mix of players at all levels. It lacked a pool of people who don't know how to play fighting games post launch.

reektann

I appreciate the basic/intermedia combo part in the training. I’ve actually got a couple of them down to punish people when they slip up now. I used to just throw them.

KiteGr

vY2cBeE.jpg

Normally, as much as I like fighting games, I only buy complete editions, as having a complete game and buy it at launch at the same time could prove very costly, plus I want my physical collection.

With SF6 i'm intigued enough to buy it now from the ps store and perhaps rebuy the complete edition later if and when it get retail released. At least I'll have something to play online now that Blizzard killed my original Overwatch purchase.

So...

1. Answer from experience. Will it get any discount with this month's psplus update? I don't want to pay 70€ for a game that would release and sell 80% of it's content later.
  2. If I buy a key from a cdkey site, would it activate on my Greek account if it's from france or us?
  3. When the game release more of it's characters later, would I be able to buy them within game like SF5's freemium model?

Last edited:
vY2cBeE.jpg

Normally, as much as I like fighting games, I only buy complete editions, as having a complete game and buy it at launch at the same time could prove very costly, plus I want my physical collection.

With SF6 i'm intigued enough to buy it now from the ps store and perhaps rebuy the complete edition later if and when it get retail released. At least I'll have something to play online now that Blizzard killed my original Overwatch purchase.

So...

1. Answer from experience. Will it get any discount with this month's psplus update? I don't want to pay 70€ for a game that would release and sell 80% of it's content later.
  2. If I buy a key from a cdkey site, would it activate on my Greek account if it's from france or us?
  3. When the game release more of it's characters later, would I be able to buy them within game like SF5's freemium model?
A final hard copy of this game won't exist until like 7 years from now, and by that time, it will be 20 bucks at max. That said., I don't know about cdkey, but I don't believe they have said anything about purchasing characters with in-game currency. You could absolutely do it in SFV though, so it's likely you will be able to in SF6 as well.

Bridges

This game is perfect for a filthy casual like me.

World Tour mode is very fun and does a decent job teaching mechanics

Avatar Battles are super fun and low-stakes

Bouncing between the three main modes is so quick and seamless I can go between story mode and online lobbies in seconds

The fighting feels so fluid, even when I'm losing (which is most of the time) I'm still having fun.

Really impressed by this. I almost always regret paying full price for fighting games but unlike most others this actually feels feature complete.

KiteGr

A final hard copy of this game won't exist until like 7 years from now, and by that time, it will be 20 bucks at max. That said., I don't know about cdkey, but I don't believe they have said anything about purchasing characters with in-game currency. You could absolutely do it in SFV though, so it's likely you will be able to in SF6 as well.
Thanks. I'll wait until Wednesday just i case plus decides to give some good discount.

boomcrab

Just purchased last night and I gotta say, wow this game is great!
It feels somehow less stiff to me and there's a more frenetic feel this time around. Street fighter has always been one of those games I wanted to like and be good at but it never clicks the way I want it to. At a glance it looks like just another entry but it really does feel different once you put a little time in.
To all my fellow scrubby pad players, are you using default controls? If not, what adjustments have you made?

SkylineRKR

^I use classic and I have a HRAP N I modded full Sanwa last summer (with octo and 2lb spring). But pad still isn't so bad, for me its easier to do Drive cancels on pad. Whenever I played SF on Sony pads, I would put light attacks on shoulders. But this might interfere with the drive attack (but I guess you can bind it to R2 too).

This is the best Street Fighter in a long while and I was burned after 5, and also 4 which I dropped after a few months of playing Vanilla.

The roster is perfect. Its not too big, which you shouldn't even want at launch, because there is a LOT to learn and remember. I am not entirely sold on the character designs, some of them kind of look mundane. When I saw Kimberly for the first time, I was thinking she was a player avatar. And I wouldn't expect her to have the Ninja style. But Capcom is trying to usher in a new generation of Street Fighter. Its like they want to be done with stereotypes. Some of these fighters look like they could be you and me, on the other hand Manon looks like Lady Gaga. But gameplay is what counts and you can dress up characters anyway (eventually). I think its excellent. I started with Marisa online, and I like her Pankration style. She hits hard. Manon is also great, she combines Judo with ballet and it works. Judo only wouldn't really work as they can't do fancy footwork, but the Ballet gives manon an excuse to attack gracefully. Kimberly is great, as I like Guy a lot. Jamie is drunken master which is insta cool. JP I didn't try yet, but he kinda looks like the FANG character (but infinitely better, I hated FANG).

I think its a smart move to launch with all the 8 original world warriors, they did this for SFIV also but not in V. And then its ballsy to put Deejay in the starting roster, and he's never looked and played better. I fucking love his theme too. Cammy has never been more fun too, and I dig her new look. Juri is another ballsy move I think, though her popularity grew after SSFIV I think. Ofcourse, they can put favourites like Akuma behind DLC again, but its doesn't matter to me, I like this current roster.

World Tour I can dig too. I am a sucker for Final Fight lore, and a cleaned up open world Metro City with iconic Mad Gear characters running around is pretty great to me. Its in some sense a sequel to Final Fight. SF fully embraces this universe here, though they already did since SFA. Your avatar can slot special moves from everyone, which is cool. You can do spinning bird kick as well as Blanka's roll for example.

Last edited:

gunstarhero

Anyone know if there’s a way to have everyone see the SAME stage when playing online? Either in private lobbies or the hub?

Naked Lunch

Anyone know if there’s a way to have everyone see the SAME stage when playing online? Either in private lobbies or the hub?
You can set up all the stages that you, personally, want to see in each match.
But you cant force people to see the stages - one person might be on one - and you another at the same time.
You can set which music plays too.

You can finally omit the dreaded training stage that everyone seemed to love to pick every fucking match in 4 and 5.
They really thought of everything.
Its all in the the options.

I'm probably in the minority, but I hope they release this (free to play) eventually. I love Street Fighter, but am not going to pay for xbox gold to play this, when almost everything else has free online play these days.

saintjules

You never really think about this part of the process much. Cool insight here.

As a music producer I love the audio section. Using Scotch tape as a sound for Blanka's electricity? Mind blown for sure.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I have an arcade stick and am thinking about playing Word Tour mode with a game pad and modern controls, anyone doing this? It just feels weird and is absolutely not designed for a stick.

skneogaf

If the ps4 version didn't exist I would have liked the game to run at 120fps in the background no matter what the output is, that was if you have a 120hz display the game can be 120fps.

SCB3

Playing as Luke and got to the Next Rank Iron and actually learning him well, taking my time and not relying on long combos but instead waiting on openings and reading the opponents is doing me wonders, Juri has no chance against me and only Guile has proven to be too tough to figure out, on a 3 win streak now as well, thats nice

Back to World Tour mode a bit later, I'm liking it

Haemi

Bought the game today. The first time i played this type of game was SFII on the SNES but i've never played them the right way before.

I don't understand how you can execute the more complex moves consistently. Is there a trick to it, or does someone have a tipp for me? Should i use the analog stick or the d-pad?
I mean something like this:

pNILd0r.png

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Bought the game today. The first time i played this type of game was SFII on the SNES but i've never played them the right way before.

I don't understand how you can execute the more complex moves consistently. Is there a trick to it, or does someone have a tipp for me? Should i use the analog stick or the d-pad?

pNILd0r.png
Can you do a shoryuken?

If you can just roll it like that on controller.

For consistency though your just gonna have to be accurate, D pad on controller works best here from my understanding, Joystick for Arcade sticks and Hitbox is the most accurate by far.

Last edited:

Haemi

Can you do a shoryuken?

If you can just roll it like that on controller.

For consistency though your just gonna have to be accurate, D pad on controller works best here from my understanding, Joystick for Arcade sticks and Hitbox is the most accurate by far.
One quarter rotation is ok. there i have to practice more. But two quarter rotations is almost never working. If it works, then only with the d-pad.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

pNILd0r.png
You know how to do the standard super moves?
Same thing but the you input the direction button moments twice before the punch or kick button.

World Tour Mode does have a mini game to help you with those stuff.

Last edited:

GHG

pNILd0r.png

Practice the double quarter circle move only in practice mode. Look at what inputs are actually happening vs what you intend to do. Make adjustments from there.

Haemi

You know how to do the standard super moves?
Same thing but the you the direction button twice before the punch or kick button.

World Tour Mode does have a mini game to help you with those stuff.
I will for the minigame.

Practice the double quarter circle move only in practice mode. Look at what inputs are actually happening vs what you intend to do. Make adjustments from there.
Did this the last two hours. Maybe i'm not fast enough and not precise enough. I have the feeling, when i'm doing the moves with one quarter circle, i have a lo t more time for the inputs.

MagnesD3

One quarter rotation is ok. there i have to practice more. But two quarter rotations is almost never working. If it works, then only with the d-pad.
Don't lift your thumb off the d pad, you should just be wiggling on it for the double. It could be a speed issue too.

splattered

Just played my first Arcade mode playthrough finally as my man Ken... this game is EXCELLENT. That being said, SO LAZY with the story wtf? Made NO sense and went absolutely nowhere for Ken. So lame! *Also, that last boss whooped me a few times, i wasn't expecting that haha

Last edited:

poodaddy

Gold Member
I won't be getting this yet for financial reasons, but I was wondering if you guys think there's a consensus yet on what fight stick I should go for if I want to finally get one this time around whenever I finally decide to jump in? I used to play arcades a lot back in the 90's, so I'm not unaware of the learning curve and I do genuinely prefer sticks, but I've always been intimated about finally getting a home one as there's too many options and I know I want it to be "the one."Also, in a perfect world it'd be universal and work with all platforms, as I play fighting games on PS, XB, PC, and Switch. Spank ya very much in advance.

Also, can Guile still creep forward while crouched in this one? Just wondering as I loved that addition in V. Thank ya kindly folks.

amigastar

I'm, still on the fence of buying SF6. Just bought the Digital Deluxe Edition of D4.
I have a fancy fightstick but i usually suck at fighting games so i don't really know if i should buy it.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just finished world tour mode! I wish the Eternity character wasn't in it so much but overall I really enjoyed it.
Now on to the main event - back to fighting with the regular characters.

Just played my first Arcade mode playthrough finally as my man Ken... this game is EXCELLENT. That being said, SO LAZY with the story wtf? Made NO sense and went absolutely nowhere for Ken. So lame! *Also, that last boss whooped me a few times, i wasn't expecting that haha

Lol I finished Ken, Cammy and Luke in Arcade Mode. Story is so minimal might as well not exist.

Needlecrash

Having a good time with it so far. Doing a lot of labbing with Dee Jay at the moment, Manon and JP are next.

pNILd0r.png
Practice. You know how to do inputs? Inputs are to be done smoothly. Then, double it for supers.

Last edited:

Needlecrash

I'm, still on the fence of buying SF6. Just bought the Digital Deluxe Edition of D4.
I have a fancy fightstick but i usually suck at fighting games so i don't really know if i should buy it.
The game has 3 control schemes to it. Playing on Dynamic or Modern control types will be up your speed. I'd say buy it.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
This is really the game Capcom needed to bring in lapsed fans like me. The quantity and quality of content in here to bring causal players up to speed is phenomenal. Not just the World Tour mode (which is goofy fun and great for teething without getting bored), but the in-depth character guides, tutorials, and training options. It's everything I need to get my feet back and understand the mechanics, and it's actually entertaining. Really like this one.

I have an arcade stick and am thinking about playing Word Tour mode with a game pad and modern controls, anyone doing this? It just feels weird and is absolutely not designed for a stick.
I'm not using the modern control scheme, but I am using a game pad, it's definitely made more for analog stick when you're not in a fight.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Spent most of the weekend so far just playing world tour, unlocked 2nd costume for Ryu, Guile, Juri and Cammy. Might unlock a couple more and then wrap up world tour mode and start the true grind.

World Tour has been really fun , after labbing Strive the last 2 weeks it’s nice to have something else to do in a game besides train or fight. Would love to see a mode like this in the next Guilty Gear.

Right now I’m leaning towards maining Kim and Honda. Played Kim exclusively during the beta so I’m fairly comfortable with her already. But Juri is growing on me too, especially now that I have her alternate costume lol
I like how when you unlock the alternate costumes you get all the colors too, that’s a nice bonus.

Last edited:

gunstarhero

Thankfully, no. Why do you want someone to see the same stage as you if the only difference is cosmetic?
Uh… Because when me and my friends are in a private lobby, we sometimes reference what’s going on in the background, or music.

That’s too bad they didn’t give us the option - kinda lame.

Last edited:

Hot5pur

I won't be getting this yet for financial reasons, but I was wondering if you guys think there's a consensus yet on what fight stick I should go for if I want to finally get one this time around whenever I finally decide to jump in? I used to play arcades a lot back in the 90's, so I'm not unaware of the learning curve and I do genuinely prefer sticks, but I've always been intimated about finally getting a home one as there's too many options and I know I want it to be "the one."Also, in a perfect world it'd be universal and work with all platforms, as I play fighting games on PS, XB, PC, and Switch. Spank ya very much in advance.

Also, can Guile still creep forward while crouched in this one? Just wondering as I loved that addition in V. Thank ya kindly folks.
If you're getting it for PC check out instant-gaming or cdkeys, it's around $40-45. As for fight stick, I don't have a specific recommendation but some pointers.
- look into a hitbox style controller, just in case you end up liking it more, it's more like a keyboard and had some advantages. Ultimately I prefer stick as it's more fun (and my main goal is fun, not necessarily to be a top tier player)
- get a stick that you can mod by swapping buttons and levers and also art
- for stick art, there are many templates and sometimes places will have mods to turn a non moddable stick to a moddable one (thin Plexi to hold the art)
- also for art you can easily make your own, just get the template and the open source Photoshop equivalent (I forget what it's called) and use online AI sites to upscale any decent official art you find. That's what I did for some Strive art because they had decent art for each character directly from the official site.
- for compatibility you will need a special board, I think Brookes has a universal one but they do make the cost go up quite a bit. You may want to consider having just a few gaming systems for fighters (and shmups if you play them, switch is fun for those)
- if you are in the US check Amazon, I've heard good things about Hori and Quanba, I have a Rap 4 Kai myself, but had to replace the buttons as they were too sensitive to any slight pressure

Good luck!

This SF is extremely beginner friendly and packs quite a bit of singleplayer content. I usually play only VS but the world tour mode is kinda a nice intro to the world and fairly easy to just turn your brain off and enjoy while secretly being taught fundamentals. When it comes to fighting games SF is on the simpler end, and they've continued to make it more accessible by making links easier and I think the minimum move is 4 frames now instead of 3? So a bit slowed down. It takes a while to get good at fighting games but that is not the right approach. These types of games are quite technical and more like a sport or a musical instrument, they require quite a bit of skill to "get gud", on the other hand you can still enjoy playing at your particular level as long as you set the expectations correctly. The expectation must not be "I need to win / be good" but rather "it's super interesting to learn about the depth and complexity of these characters so I can one-day appreciate becoming proficient with one (or more) of them". It's very much a process oriented attitude rather than an end goal target.

Last edited:

splattered

Played some online casual matches and had a ton of fun.. i mean AFTER i realized that the different modes all used different control schemes. I started my first online match and none of the buttons were performing the correct attacks. I was like WTF and lost bad. Had to go back find settings to put it back in classic mode. So weird that the controls are even different depending on where you play.

splattered

How big/complicated is world tour mode? I need to spend more time in D4 with the wifey so don't wanna start getting into world tour if it's gonna eat up a ton of my time to unlock stuff...

20 hours into the single player, really surprised by how much content was in here - I figured it was just a 4-5 hour tutorial, but nope - story, side missions, some minor RPG mechanics with unlocking outfits and movesets to apply to your character.

Just wish it wasn't quite so ugly, I know it's always the case with character creator models vs handcrafted models but it's night and day between the new NPCs they added and when one of the main roster turns up. It's especially funny when they toggle on the decent lighting model used in the other modes and everything looks great for a 20 second cut-scene or close up, then it goes back to world lighting afterwards and it looks shite again.

But still, loving it - I've learnt a bunch of mechanics and characters whilst "grinding" in a single player RPG, I never knew I wanted this type of mode but it's really helped ease me into the systems, can't wait to finish it and get my ass handed to me online.

Top Bottom