• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter VI |OT| VI is for VICTORY

Calverz

Bought the game today. The first time i played this type of game was SFII on the SNES but i've never played them the right way before.

I don't understand how you can execute the more complex moves consistently. Is there a trick to it, or does someone have a tipp for me? Should i use the analog stick or the d-pad?
I mean something like this:

pNILd0r.png
Using a pad is hard iirc. Try the dpad as its more accurate than an analog stick. Try rolling your thumb. If you can throw a shoryuken, practice doing the motion over and over.

Neff

I can't believe the game is this good. After 4 and 5, I just can't believe it. They did everything right, and went above and beyond in terms of content/polish/fanwank. it feels perfect. It's already in my top five Street Fighters.

Also, fuck Zangief.

Yeah he's insanely good. Absolutely wrecks anyone asleep at the wheel in seconds. His range and damage is disgusting. I love it.

I have an arcade stick and am thinking about playing Word Tour mode with a game pad and modern controls, anyone doing this?

I'm playing competitively with stick/classic and playing World Tour with pad/classic. WT isn't so taxing that you'll ever need the benefits of the stick anyway unless you want to beat the masters at low levels.

Celcius

°Temp. member
The alternate/classic costumes look awesome but I don't think I can be bother to grind for them for EVERY character. I don't want to spend real money either though... do you guys think they will ever relax the requirements? or even make them available for free whenever the Arcade Edition comes out in a few years?

Uh… Because when me and my friends are in a private lobby, we sometimes reference what’s going on in the background, or music.

That’s too bad they didn’t give us the option - kinda lame.
Hmmmm, fair enough.

The alternate/classic costumes look awesome but I don't think I can be bother to grind for them for EVERY character. I don't want to spend real money either though... do you guys think they will ever relax the requirements? or even make them available for free whenever the Arcade Edition comes out in a few years?
They will likely be included when new iterations drop, but then new characters and costumes will come out.

Edit: disregard lol 🚫

Last edited:

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
The grind isn’t that bad, you can literally just give them 20 of their favorite gift, and all gifts can be bought with zenny.l from vendors.

That said, i only unlocked the costumes for the characters I plan on using.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
The grind isn’t that bad, you can literally just give them 20 of their favorite gift, and all gifts can be bought with zenny.l from vendors.

That said, i only i locked the costumes for the characters I plan on using.
Those gifts are expensive lol... you're going to need WELL over a million dollars for all of the characters. Probably closer to like $1.5 mil.

Last edited:

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Those gifts are expensive lol... you're going to need WELL over a million dollars for all of the characters. Probably closer to like $1.5 mil.

Ya ya I linked the same page earlier in the thread. The zenny grind isn’t too bad if it’s only for a few characters, you get it pretty fast, the mini games are quick and load you up + the zenny you’ll make along the way.
Have 14 hours played so far and most of that was world tour and I have 4 costumes. But I haven’t been specifically grinding for zenny and I haven’t looked up optimal farming methods, so I’m sure someone could do it faster.

Last edited:

amigastar

So i've bought the game. How's the world tour mode? Is it fun?
How bad is the monetization? I've read that mtx are only cosmetic.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Ya ya I linked the same page earlier in the thread. The zenny grind isn’t too bad if it’s only for a few characters, you get it pretty fast, the mini games are quick and load you up + the zenny you’ll make along the way.
Have 14 hours played so far and most of that was world tour and I have 4 costumes. But I haven’t been specifically grinding for zenny and I haven’t looked up optimal farming methods, so I’m sure someone could do it faster.
I ended up just putting on a podcast and grinding out another million zenny at the truck game lol. It ended up not being too bad.

skneogaf

I may have to use nvidia DSR as the AA isn't very good at 4k everything set to maximum, I wish they'd put in a resolution slider that goes up like in resident evil 2 remake.

I'm really enjoying Zangief, he was the first character I chose on street fighter 2 in the arcade all those years ago and now Im back playing him. 💪

Last edited:
So i've bought the game. How's the world tour mode? Is it fun?
How bad is the monetization? I've read that mtx are only cosmetic.
Yeah, is only costumes, colors and soon to be stages. Any big changes, new moves, etc will always be free. When they update to "Super Street Fighter 6", you won't have to pay anything. You get in game currency to spend on things as well.

I'm not sure how they will handle single player story expansions, though. They will have to add on to the story mode with each character that drops, so you can learn from them and gain moves, unless this was a one time thing and it's done until SF7.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
I ended up just putting on a podcast and grinding out another million zenny at the truck game lol. It ended up not being too bad.
No shit lol!!!!!!!
I was literally just doing the same… Put on an audio book and beat up the truck, got the rest of the costumes I wanted ahahahaahahahahahaahahahahah!!!!!!!

Hot5pur

Really good video by Rooflemonger

A great example of a good content creator. That guy is so passionate about fighting games too. Unlike other YouTubers who literally react to other people's videos for clicks and make ridiculous outrage expressions with text like "you won't believe what just happened". Ah, is it like younger people watching this crap and sending the message to these goofballs to keep making empty outrage videos?

Can someone recommend a decent pad or stick for PS5? Like $60-70 tops? My PS4 pad won’t work with the game and I’ve been out of the market for years.

Edmund

Can someone recommend a decent pad or stick for PS5? Like $60-70 tops? My PS4 pad won’t work with the game and I’ve been out of the market for years.

The Hori Octa for the PS5 is affordable and within your price range.

I'm using the Hori Fight Stick Alpha myself and it's really good.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
How big/complicated is world tour mode? I need to spend more time in D4 with the wifey so don't wanna start getting into world tour if it's gonna eat up a ton of my time to unlock stuff...
Picture a light version of Yakuza. Side quests, decently long story, some minigames and side activities... The story is just there, and there's not much in terms of voice acting or real cinematic cutscenes, but it still feels like a real game, something that probably could have been sold on its own as a spin-off.

Edmund

Bought the game today. The first time i played this type of game was SFII on the SNES but i've never played them the right way before.

I don't understand how you can execute the more complex moves consistently. Is there a trick to it, or does someone have a tipp for me? Should i use the analog stick or the d-pad?
I mean something like this:

pNILd0r.png

Do the motions slowly and aim for accuracy rather than speed. And use the D-Pad.

Last edited:
Finally starting to get JP down. Using his command grab up close is such a nasty tactic, but it works. What a ridiculous sentence that was. "Using his command grab up close" lol

Hey, it's SF6, and some of this shit is even more bonkers than SFV.

I put in 30 hours on SF6 this weekend lol.
If any of you are on the fence - GET IT.
It really is good. I had my doubts and dislikes about it coming from SF4 and especially SFV, and some still hold, but it's such a good fighter on it's own merits. Even the single player isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Coming from someone that rarely buys full price because I don't think most releases are worth it, I spent over 100 on the Ultimate Edition and regret nothing.

Just_one

Having played almost all weekend i gotta say cammy is just a badass!!

her trailer sold me the game and i just love playing with her , super fast and smooth. Also her Special Move Level 3 is just amazing, the cutscene of her appearing behind the oponnent is just amazing!!

Havent touch much of world tour yet, have been playing most online and doing some combos for the trophies .

really hate marisa,juri and kimberly so far , whenever someone plays with them i lose.

would be cool if somehow capcom could add more classic games to the arcades in Battle Hub like SF Alpha 2 or 3 but i dont think they will do that but it was a really cool surprise to see final fight and street fighter 2 there.

just a curious thought , how does everyone plays the game? controller (in this case PS5 controller) or a joystick? i know a lot of people play with joystick but i never could adapt myself to it. not even on the analog.

Since i first started playing Street Fighter when i was a kid (Street Fighter 2 on SNES!!) i can only play on the directional buttons, on analog i just cant do the moves

Last edited:

mxbison

Only played a few hours but this looks like by far the best Capcom fighting game since SF4.

With MvC:I and SFxTk already pretty much deleted from history, time to do the same with SF5.

They finally got it back together, I'm really looking forward to playing more.

Last edited:

Valonquar

Just "beat" world tour mode. That ending was pretty fuckin terrible and the outcome of the last fight in the tournament makes no difference in the ending other than who is standing where on the winner's stands. Guess they might make DLC story add-on down the line.

Shake Your Rump

Gold Member
I just played through the demo modes and am seriously considering buying this. I played very little of Street Fighter, as I was too busy enjoying Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat, and Tekken. I remember buying Street Fighter 5 and getting stomped, so I immediately sold the game. It was not even remotely designed for new players. This one seems fine.

The world tour mode is weird, and I hate how it seems to run at 30fps on PS5. It feels like shit during fights. Please tell me that the game runs at least 60fps in the retail version.

Some photo mode goodness:

NHX1Uo3.jpg
wLrf2g1.jpg
dWZjeZH.jpg

Haven't even tried online battles yet, World Tour mode is so damn fun. Love the vibrant, over-the-top cutscenes and overall silliness of the story, it just works. Unlocked the subway and beat up a whole bunch of fools riding the train. Found some really cool emotes just talking to NPC's, talk to the chick on Dee Jay's beach for a dope dance routine emote lol.
The world tour mode is weird, and I hate how it seems to run at 30fps on PS5. It feels like shit during fights. Please tell me that the game runs at least 60fps in the retail version.
It's a rock solid 60fps in performance mode 👌

amigastar

I'm currently playing the tutorials. I have huge fun playing them with my nacon daija arcade stick.

Last edited:

Neff

A great example of a good content creator.

I discovered Rooflemonger back when VF5US got released a couple of years ago, and yeah he really is good. Enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and able to package info for newcomers and pros alike without being overwhelming for the former or patronising for the latter. Very easy to listen to and very fun. He deserves to go places.

SkylineRKR

I just played through the demo modes and am seriously considering buying this. I played very little of Street Fighter, as I was too busy enjoying Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat, and Tekken. I remember buying Street Fighter 5 and getting stomped, so I immediately sold the game. It was not even remotely designed for new players. This one seems fine.

Even the demo was 60fps IIRC, you can change the graphics settings in options.

splattered

Maaaan I was having fun online in casual matches as deejay until I faced someone using Ken haha it was back and forth at first then I got a work call and had to mute it and try not to click the controller buttons too loud... Then I lost the next 5 matches against this person haha he kept requesting rematches and I had to half ass it until I had to actually turn the game off. that being said, was still having a blast. Really wasn't expecting to enjoy the game this much <3

yurinka

Playing the World Tour normally, without grinding, I'm in episode 14 (out of 15) and already unlocked the costumes of half of the cast. I assume that after completing the main story and secondary missions -I think I completed most of them- I'll have unlocked most if not all the costumes.

If you don't want to play the World Tour during a dozen hours or two (I assume it can be rushed in half like that), or don't want to buy them, I assume that eventually some day in the future they'll release some kind of 'complete edition' bundle DLC as they did with SF5.

Last edited:

Hot5pur

Played some more world tour, kinda hoped it would be a bit better story wise but meh. Reminds me a lot of monster hunter (but without the fun bits). Good for beginners and I like the cinematics of the characters being introduced. Probably just going to b line it to the end and unlock the costumes and then get to competitive play.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’m thinking I want a PS5 fight stick. I did some combo trials for Zangief, Blanka, and Ken. EX moves make me use the spider grip on the controller and I’m getting use to L1 and L2 being combination buttons. I typically used L2 and R2 for all three P and K. That’s great it I actually want a stick for SF6. My last stick was the SFIV AE fight stick the day it came out.

mxbison

I hope the game slows down a bit once people start figuring out matchups and defense more.

Right now it's just full on rush down.

You mean like the hori fighting commander? I was thinking of buying one but I'm not sure. Do you press those buttons with just your right thumb or do you hold your right hand over it like a fight stick? Sorry if that's a dumb question.
My dude plays like that and he is a damn hit confirm demon. The two may not be directly related, but that's how he plays, and I have to put up with it 😑

Top Bottom