• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter VI |OT| VI is for VICTORY

The World Tour thing is surprisingly fun. Seeing Kens fancy boat from Second Impact, Retsu from SF1 and working Final Fight arcade cabinets have all been nice surprises.
Only gave it a try to get Kim's 2nd outfit and was very surprised as well how fun it is to roam the streets of Metro City.
Since WT doesn't run perfectly on my old 1060 (unlike Fighting Ground) I'm actually considering to also get the PS5-version.

yurinka

The World Tour thing is surprisingly fun. Seeing Kens fancy boat from Second Impact, Retsu from SF1 and working Final Fight arcade cabinets have all been nice surprises.
I say this as someone who like street fighter characters and lore, but is not good at fighting games and is not interested in getting good. Ive been having a great time with this as a single player game using modern controls. I love the world tour mode, it feels like a new final fight game, and I get to simp for chun li in the game like I do irl. The graphics in world tour mode are rough, but the visuals in arcade mode hold up way better. The street fighters have never looked better, and the stages are packed with detail. I never thought I would say that a street fighter game would be one of my favorite games of the year, but here we are. Cant recommend this game enough, even if like me, you thought fighting games just weren’t for you
Only gave it a try to get Kim's 2nd outfit and was very surprised as well how fun it is to roam the streets of Metro City.
Since WT doesn't run perfectly on my old 1060 (unlike Fighting Ground) I'm actually considering to also get the PS5-version.
Yes, World Tour visuals and unstable performance aren't great but this mode is super fun and includes a lot of easter eggs, homages and lore expansion bits related to Street Fighter 1, Final Fight, Street Fighter Alpha, Street Fighter II, Street Fighter III and so on.

As an example, it explains why Blanka is green or why Ryu can be constantly travelling the world if he's homeless, it features the building of the Street Fighter II intro and makes it matter for the lore, includes several Final Fight stages as locations mixing them in Metro City placed next to some stages from the Street Fighter Alpha series and so on.

There are some really funny bits like when certain SF6 characters text you telling some stuff after having accepted them as masters and rising the level with them until certain point, highlighting very well their personality.

Regarding the gifts you can give to the masters, each character has a favorite gift that can be easily found/bought and raises the bond with them in 5 levels, but there's a hidden one that raises it in 40 levels in the bond. You get them by completing the mission that gets unlocked when reaching level 18 in the style rank of another master.

As an example, Luke loves videogames and you can gift him the horror game RE8 and the fighting game SFVI (Red Elevator 8 and Strawberry Fight VI).

Last edited:

Osthyvel

Yeah, wow i am impressed, this is so good, i have been playing Street Fighter since sf2 on snes, but i am not specially good... And for me, i dont feel ashamed to say it the modern controls is a blessing, its so fun to play.

I tried One match online and even though i had chosen mc the match was in classic control... How does this work, can i play online with only mc?

I hope i will have time to try world tour later this evening.

The presentation is absolutely fantastic!

Last edited:

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Thought the same thing, just gonna play to unlock some costumes, 30 hours later I’m loving it, silly and dumb as it can be sometimes, it’s fun and really nice to have something to do behind just fight or train in the lab. Also, there’s a good amount of content, was very surprised. I will admit I’m a sucker for create a character modes, and there’s a metric ton of gear to unlock so they got me there too.

Runs flawlessly on PS5, had in performance mode the whole time.

Last edited:
Finally played this demo, it's not bad. Graphics are ok - I don't really like the look of 3D Street Fighter but this looks pretty good. Sound design seems solid. But I don't think I will pick this up, I'm still stuck on Third Strike, haven't really liked SF since then. But seems solid. Wish they would have put another character or two in the demo to get a better idea though.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Finally played this demo, it's not bad. Graphics are ok - I don't really like the look of 3D Street Fighter but this looks pretty good. Sound design seems solid. But I don't think I will pick this up, I'm still stuck on Third Strike, haven't really liked SF since then. But seems solid. Wish they would have put another character or two in the demo to get a better idea though.
It feels like this weird mash up of 3 and 4, I’m really liking it. But I feel you, my younger brother won’t let go of 3s either lol, at least you guys have fightcade.

Paltheos

I played for a couple hours today. Didn't immediately make sense to me but near the end of my session everything clicked. This is really a response to older Street Fighter (whereas 5 was really just different from 4).

Comboing from lights is possible but limited; it's the heavier stuff that rewards you.
Defensive play is possible but the drive meter punishes overly defensive play. Drive Impact is a great move in general for busting open heavy turtlers but making it cost resource is a smart move to not enable offense too much (and making it directly counterable too is good). Letting drive *regenerate* is also a smart play as older games sometimes ran out of steam when players were empty on meter and just poked at each other until they had something to run with.
Setting supers to their own, devoted meter lets you do flashy finishers while still having another resource available for extensions.

Granted these are my impressions from playing for only 2 hours and I've played only as basic bitch Ryu, but I like the systems so far. I haven't incorporated parries or Drive Rush into my game.

Last edited:
How the fuck do you customise your 'Here comes a new challenger' screen?
It's with the character settings, square if youre in the battle hub on ps5. Then tab to the last option on the right. I tire of seeing the basic screens on opponents!

Also the music is so freaking good, I love the track on the world map select screen in world tour mode

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Out of gold into platinum, my boy Honda doing work. That’s said, I definitely feel like Honda did most of the work lol,he’s most definitely a “scrub killer” he does great damage if the opponent doesn’t know how to deal with headbutt and butt slam, it’s not gonna be pretty. But like every fighting game, if something works… keep doing it.

I’m debating on doing a week with every character just to get to know the game better overall. There’s no rush and I’m not desperate to rank up, shit is a marathon, not a sprint.

Out of gold into platinum, my boy Honda doing work. That’s said, I definitely feel like Honda did most of the work lol,he’s most definitely a “scrub killer” he does great damage if the opponent doesn’t know how to deal with headbutt and butt slam, it’s not gonna be pretty. But like every fighting game, if something works… keep doing it.

I’m debating on doing a week with every character just to get to know the game better overall. There’s no rush and I’m not desperate to rank up, shit is a marathon, not a sprint.

I think Honda is similar to Blanka in that way, headbutt and slam are similar to different types of rolls. When SF4 launched I was absolutely destroying people online mostly relying on rolls, Japanese servers too since I'm based here. Every once in a while you'd get someone who was good and I'd show them the *real* jungle beast lol.

Haven't even been online yet, World Tour keeping me busy and Diablo 4 keeps pulling me away, wish I could freeze time.

TwiztidElf

Good to see fellow Honda/Blanka players in GAF.
I was a Honda main, but switched to Blanka during 4 and through 5 (when he got added).
I've been tearing it up as Blanka so far in 6, but this talk about Honda being S tier has me wondering about switching back.

Last edited:

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Good to see fellow Honda/Blanka players in GAF.
I was a Honda main, but switched to Blanka during 4 and through 5 (when he got added).
I've been tearing it up as Blanka so far in 6, but this talk about Honda being S tier has me wondering about switching back.
He’s solid A tier for sure, but lacks the truly cheap shit or insane mixups/resets for S tier imo. He’s a very good character tho.

SCB3

So I played a full 20 odd matches with Cammy and man am I bad with her, 2 Placement matches won, destroyed in the rest, and could barely eek out a win since, got to Rookie 3 I think it was

The thing is, I'm hitting her good moves, getting some nice combos and the unfortunate thing is Marissa and 'Gief are direct counters it seems

I still cannot block fucking Special Arts though, my timing is always off, Cammy is good for dodging them though at least

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Ok this week is gonna be Kim week, played her a bunch in the beta, but really want to dive in now, also since she got some major nerfs since then, like losing invincibility on her tatsu (214K) makes me want to see if she’s still fun to play.

Alright, checking in to remind everyone just how exceptional this game is. Made more progress in World Tour and I'm still in love with this mode, it's a great way to organically test out all the fighters and seeing my sexy chick avatar all hunched forward and beating her chest in Blanka's style will never get old lol.

Battle Hub always seems to be empty (I imagine most are doing their fighting in Proving Ground which makes sense) but I got a few matches in last night. Tried an avatar battle which was hilarious since my opponent had 3x health bar (I lost) 😂. Then sat at the arcade cabinet for a proper fight with my boy Ken, other dude was using Cammy, won a couple, lost a couple. I have done *zero* training and just wanted to test out online stability, have a bit of fun, ran flawlessly and was an intense few battles.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Alright, checking in to remind everyone just how exceptional this game is. Made more progress in World Tour and I'm still in love with this mode, it's a great way to organically test out all the fighters and seeing my sexy chick avatar all hunched forward and beating her chest in Blanka's style will never get old lol.

Battle Hub always seems to be empty (I imagine most are doing their fighting in Proving Ground which makes sense) but I got a few matches in last night. Tried an avatar battle which was hilarious since my opponent had 3x health bar (I lost) 😂. Then sat at the arcade cabinet for a proper fight with my boy Ken, other dude was using Cammy, won a couple, lost a couple. I have done *zero* training and just wanted to test out online stability, have a bit of fun, ran flawlessly and was an intense few battles.
Battle hub always popping, don’t enter an empty room lol

Ok other news
I’m doing horrible today, losing to stupid shit. Missing inputs, Kim isn’t a happy girl right now.
I keep getting tatsus input to come out and I’m not sure why, very frustrating.

Last edited:

Ok other news
I’m doing horrible today, losing to stupid shit. Missing inputs, Kim isn’t a happy girl right now.
Yeah, don't know what it is, I manually check all the rooms in the selected server and they are always near empty, maybe I need to change something in the settings related to bar connections etc.

I just unlocked Manon in the World Tour so I've been playing around with her style, very cool addition to the roster, still haven't tried Kim.

Last edited:

Ok other news
I thought it was just me. A few matches, and I know I've been holding back to block, and still getting lit up.

I wish they took the story more seriously. It was such a goofy mess, and doesn't match the actual gameplay which isn't that bad. Hell, I think they did a pretty good job with how they tied in functional elements of the VS mode like throwing guarding opponents, Drive Impact counter, etc into the single player.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
I mean, I did mostly OK, overall im up with Kim, past the 11k mark, so made some progress today, but man it was like pulling teeth. Struggle city.

Sometimes I feel like other people can just walk up and press buttons/throw on my wake up and it works, but whenever I try it, I get hit lol. Ugh, that’s life tho I guess. I’ve gotten away with some stupid shit too so I guess what goes around comes around.

Had two people rage quit in my ranking placement matches, and it didn't count the matches at all. There was just a dash on my placement record. One gold, and one platinum. I guess I can't blame the gold player since I did a taunt combo with JP. Happened a lot in SFV as well since I played FANG *shrugs*

I ended up buying this because uh... the character models are really good.
I'm terrible at fighting games though so I have only been playing world tour mode.
I kind of feel like the dual sense sucks for this, the d-pad specifically.
As a long time fighting gamer, I haven't had any issues at all with it. You may be getting flustered when you play, and not realizing it. Go to training mode, and turn on input history. Do a combo or play the CPU and see how your inputs are coming out, and if they match what you intended.

Sakura

As a long time fighting gamer, I haven't had any issues at all with it. You may be getting flustered when you play, and not realizing it. Go to training mode, and turn on input history. Do a combo or play the CPU and see how your inputs are coming out, and if they match what you intended.
Well what I mean is, even if I am only pressing right on the d-pad, depending on how it is pressed, it will be registered as up or down. I'm guessing because the d-pad is all connected beneath the plastic.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Well what I mean is, even if I am only pressing right on the d-pad, depending on how it is pressed, it will be registered as up or down. I'm guessing because the d-pad is all connected beneath the plastic.
This would be very noticeable to everyone and would effect moves dramatically.

I hit a big difficulty spike fighting against JP in World Tour. I grinded to level 62 and whilst he was "only" level 58, he was doing much more damage to me than I was to him. Took me over 20 continues to finally beat him. I was pretty salty.
I still havent found Kimberly as a master. Her alt outfit is pretty snazzy and worth gifting her stuff, to get it for free.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Had two people rage quit in my ranking placement matches, and it didn't count the matches at all. There was just a dash on my placement record. One gold, and one platinum. I guess I can't blame the gold player since I did a taunt combo with JP. Happened a lot in SFV as well since I played FANG *shrugs*
Played a little Strive last night so as not to get too rusty in that game and had a Nori player disconnect after I beat him the first game lol guess he really didn’t want to take that second L.

Haven’t had anyone disconnect in SF6, but I’m sure it will happen at some point lololol

Shake Your Rump

Gold Member
I have this same problem. I’m sure it’s just me and my thumb. I charge back for Chun Li’s Kikoken, and when I press forward, I jump.

It’s as though the D-pad is super sensitive to up and down. You tilt it even a micron in either direction and you get screwed.

Shake Your Rump

Gold Member
Anyone actually buy this battle pass? It seems awful. I mean, sure, it’s cheap, but it’s basically paying to satisfy FOMO instead of actual good content.

The music could be fun, but is it modern rearranged music or the actual SF2 arcade music?

[Sigma]

The DualSense because of the d-dad is known for being pretty trashy for fighting games if you use it for it. It's more tolerable for games DNF Duel but it is not ideal for games like SF6. Id suggest looking into the Brook Wingman FGC(when it's available again) if it really bothers so you are able to use older controllers on PS5.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I haven't played a Street Fighter since old school Street Fighter 2 on like SNES lol. For some reason though this one is calling out to me.

As a total noob I gotta admit the modern controls are making me interested. You guys think this is a good one to pick up even if im coming in as a total shitter?

Id just be using the basic dual shock too, not sure if the fighting stick is really necessary or not?

Last edited:

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Anyone actually buy this battle pass? It seems awful. I mean, sure, it’s cheap, but it’s basically paying to satisfy FOMO instead of actual good content.

The music could be fun, but is it modern rearranged music or the actual SF2 arcade music?
Pass for me. almost did tho because I wanted the arcade rom, but there’s really nothing else of value there. I suppose the fighter coins could pay for itself, but I’ll wait for a better pass.

Mattdaddy Mattdaddy
I use a pad, always have since I was a kid. Never been a problem.

Last edited:
Dumb question but if you’re in a custom room or at one of the cabinets, how the fuck do you change your character between matches?

amigastar

I haven't played a Street Fighter since old school Street Fighter 2 on like SNES lol. For some reason though this one is calling out to me.

As a total noob I gotta admit the modern controls are making me interested. You guys think this is a good one to pick up even if im coming in as a total shitter?

Id just be using the basic dual shock too, not sure if the fighting stick is really necessary or not?
No, fight stick is absolutely not necessary but it can increase the fun especially with original Sanwa parts.

Dumb question but if you’re in a custom room or at one of the cabinets, how the fuck do you change your character between matches?
You have to push square, and change the character in your profile. There is no way to have a character select option at the moment from what I've seen, or have a room where "winner stays on" and it automatically goes to the next in line while the others are in spectator mode. Only way is to go into Battle Hub, select an empty server room, pick an arcade machine, and hope no one is a dick and comes in.

REDRZA MWS

dumb question also. i have set/saved both my P1 a d P2 settings to classic comtrols. seems when i enter a match the controls seem to not be set to classic. any ideas?

dumb question also. i have set/saved both my P1 a d P2 settings to classic comtrols. seems when i enter a match the controls seem to not be set to classic. any ideas?
You have to push square to enter your Battle Settings(go to battle hub or fighting ground), then hit then highlight character. When you do that, hit triangle to update character settings. There you can make things specific, and permanent. Not sure why they made things so obtuse, but here we are.

Last edited:
I ended up buying this because uh... the character models are really good.
I'm terrible at fighting games though so I have only been playing world tour mode.
I kind of feel like the dual sense sucks for this, the d-pad specifically.
Yes the dualsense dpad is pretty terrible for this game. I have been using the analogue and it is far more accurate once you get used to it, still not ideal though.

Last edited:
I'm pretty fucking frustrated that my PC is having major issues now... I was really enjoying this game with the USB Genesis 6 button pad I have, ugggghh...

Top Bottom