• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter VI |OT| VI is for VICTORY

Just_one

Does anyone know if they confirmed on adding Balrog as DLC?

Not in the first batch of characters confirmed.

Collage-Maker-11-May-2023-02-03-PM-6170.jpg

SilverCelestial

Neo Member
Are there any recommendations for PC fighting pads? I’d prefer a pad over stick to reduce the amount of noise. I was looking at the HORI Octa and it seems like it would be good. I want to try and keep it relatively cheap too, spent way too much on this hobby the last few months lol.
I've been using the 8BitDo M30 pad on PC and it's great. Nice face buttons and the D-pad is way better than anything Hori have ever made.

GuVpSAk.jpg

yurinka

Does anyone know if they confirmed on adding Balrog as DLC?

These are the only 4 upcoming characters announced. But in the World Tour mode hints that even Shadaloo has been destroyed and M.Bison killed, there are some remaining Shadaloo members left around, and that there's a Neo-Shadaloo organization forming in the shadows (Ed is supposed to be one of them, and I'd bet A.K.I. too) and apparently being behind certain SF6 lore events.

So who knows, maybe Balrog and other Shadaloo characters will be eventually included in SF6 in a future season.

"Total sales for Street Fighter 6 have surpassed one million units worldwide, Capcom announced."

www.gematsu.com/2023/06/street-fighter-6-sales-top-one-million

In 5 days SF6 has already sold a million units. This is doubly impressive given there's not a Switch release (yet... bet there will be for Switch 2).
Capcom already announced back in Monday in social media that SF6 has sold over 1M sales and that SF series crossed the 50M sales, but for some reason waited until today to send the press release. Meaning, this is for the first 3 days of the weekend only.

As a reference Street Fighter V, the best selling ever Capcom fighting game needed a month a half to reach 1.4M units (SFV sold until now 7.2M units, and on top of that sold a ton of season passes/DLC/IAP).

So yes, it's impressive.

Last edited:

I'm still surprised that Makoto didn't make it into SFV, and isn't in the starting roster or first DLC wave of SF6. She's really popular, and I'd imagine they would make a decent amount of money off of her costumes and whatnot as well.

These are the only 4 upcoming characters announced. But in the World Tour mode hints that even Shadaloo has been destroyed and M.Bison killed, there are some remaining Shadaloo members left around, and that there's a Neo-Shadaloo organization forming in the shadows (Ed is supposed to be one of them, and I'd bet A.K.I. too) and apparently being behind certain SF6 lore events.

So who knows, maybe Balrog and other Shadaloo characters will be eventually included in SF6 in a future season.
goXPq9X.jpg

I still want that damn gorilla, and that other tall dude.

Last edited:

yurinka

I'm still surprised that Makoto didn't make it into SFV, and isn't in the starting roster or first DLC wave of SF6. She's really popular, and I'd imagine they would make a decent amount of money off of her costumes and whatnot as well.

goXPq9X.jpg

I still want that damn gorilla, and that other tall dude.
For the gorilla you can always choose blanka with an alternate color :p

I also want the guy with the big hat. Notice he has a knife. In Street Fighter 6 there are many World Tour enemies who throw knives in different ways. Maybe they got these moves from this character and he's planned as DLC character?

For the gorilla you can always choose blanka with an alternate color :p

I also want the guy with the big hat. Notice he has a knife. In Street Fighter 6 there are many World Tour enemies who throw knives in different ways. Maybe they got these moves from this character and he's planned as DLC character?
There really needs to be a PC mod of him as donkey kong. Hmmm, now that you mention it about all the knife throwers...

A psycho boxer, psycho shooter, psycho gorilla and a psycho knife hat man. Talk about diversity lol

Does Capcom actually patch the balance in these games? I don't remember them doing that in sf4

Yes, they do. In SFV they did a large patch every year that shook things up a lot retooled balancing, added new moves and mechanics, etc. They also did smaller ones as well. This big ones usually happened right after Capcom Cup, which is the end of their tournament season I believe.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Fight sticks are easy to fix. Everything from a broken button to a new PCB can be fixed in half an hour.
Issue is idk how to determine what I need to fix or how to fix it.

My stick no longer registers 9 inputs and 3 inputs. AKA upper right and lower right.

A buddy said I need new switches and it would cost $25. However, I don’t know how to troubleshoot that’s the issue or not. If it isn’t I’m out $25 I could use towards a new stick.

yurinka

A psycho boxer, psycho shooter, psycho gorilla and a psycho knife hat man. Talk about diversity lol
Falke and Ed were really bad designs, even if Ed had good ideas gameplay wise. Let's hope this time they give Ed a more Street Fighter-like design.

Regarding Falke, let's hope they don't waste a character slot with her, I think it's enough with Ed. If they want to put a woman in Neo-Shadaloo I'd use A.K.I., or Juri, or even Poison before bringing Falke back.

I'd be really surprised to see them turning Ed AND Falke into interesting characters both visually and gameplay wise.

Does Capcom actually patch the balance in these games? I don't remember them doing that in sf4
Yes, for Street Fighter V every year Capcom released one or two big gameplay rebalances plus several other minor changes, tweaks or bugfixes across the year.

In addition to this, after launch they also included for free multiple postlaunch game mechanics, game modes, UI changes, etc.

Last edited:

Shake Your Rump

Gold Member
Well, that was shitty. I signed up for the tournament and simply sat at the countdown screen in battle hub. The tournament starts and it says I am removed since I am not in battle hub. I was literally no where other than battle hub.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I've been using the 8BitDo M30 pad on PC and it's great. Nice face buttons and the D-pad is way better than anything Hori have ever made.

GuVpSAk.jpg

This looks interesting instead of a stick for me. Those gray buttons seem uncomfortable though. Seems like it could be uncomfortable to do a throw on it. Only two shoulder buttons means I’d put mpmk parry on one and hphk on the other .

Decisions…

Falke and Ed were really bad designs, even if Ed had good ideas gameplay wise. Let's hope this time they give Ed a more Street Fighter-like design.

Regarding Falke, let's hope they don't waste a character slot with her, I think it's enough with Ed. If they want to put a woman in Neo-Shadaloo I'd use A.K.I., or Juri, or even Poison before bringing Falke back.

I'd be really surprised to see them turning Ed AND Falke into interesting characters both visually and gameplay wise.
Damn, you shit on my whole life. I loved everything about Falke 😅

Edmund

Just spent about 5 hours doing scrap heap hard mode to buy all the Master's favoured items and unlocked all their 2nd costumes. My god. It was such a pain in the ass but at least it's done.

The most painful part was giving them their gifts one by one. Finally I can go back to play the game properly again. Lol.

SCB3

I really need to work on blocking the Special Arts, I keep jumping into them with Juri and I get punished hard, master that and I'm actually doing really well with her

amigastar

My weakness is that i desperately wanna clear the Combotrials. Of course i suck at it and get frustrated. The same with online, I'm angry about my lack of skill in these kinda games.
This is not my first Fighting game, i've played from SF4 to 5 and played about 75 hours in SF5.

Pasta la Vista

Gold Member
My PC has been randomly restarting while playing SF6 ever since I downloaded the latest nvidia drivers... fuck.
It happened about 4 times while I was in the middle of online matches and It's looking like I maybe have like been timed-out or something for joining online games (maybe something to punish rage-quitting?). Haven't been able to get into any matches today.

Ehhh I should probably try to rollback drivers but I'm afraid of fucking something up even more.

GHG

My PC has been randomly restarting while playing SF6 ever since I downloaded the latest nvidia drivers... fuck.
It happened about 4 times while I was in the middle of online matches and It's looking like I maybe have like been timed-out or something for joining online games (maybe something to punish rage-quitting?). Haven't been able to get into any matches today.

Ehhh I should probably try to rollback drivers but I'm afraid of fucking something up even more.

The latest Nvidia drivers are duds. Rollback. You don't need the latest drivers for anything that's come out recently. I'm still on some older drivers (can't remember which) and have had no issues with D4, SF6 or system shock remake.

Protip: always check the Nvidia subreddit before updating your drivers. Take the approach that if its not broke, don't fix it.

Last edited:

Pasta la Vista

Gold Member
The latest Nvidia drivers are duds. Rollback. You don't need the latest drivers for anything that's come out recently. I'm still on some older drivers (can't remember which) and have had no issues with D4, SF6 or system shock remake.

Protip: always check the Nvidia subreddit before updating your drivers. Take the approach that if its not broke, don't fix it.
Thanks, yeah I was sort of second guessing if I should have went through with the update, but thought it would help with some performance issues during World Tour. Just happened again while trying to play. My fans aren't kicking in when I start a game now like it normally does. So the restarting likely happening due to over heating. Not good. I can't seem to rollback drivers through properties either... might have to just find an older version to install.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Got most of the trials done for the whole cast, almost ready to hop online lol

Not new to fighting games or anything, but just wanted to take my time with this one, play world tour, do a bunch of trials and see if I end up liking any of the characters purely on a mechanical basis, since I nearly always just pick who I think looks cool. Ideally I’d have 2 characters, one I just like because of the way they look, and another who I like mechanically.
Still deciding atm, but I’m quickly narrowing it down.

Lasha

Issue is idk how to determine what I need to fix or how to fix it.

My stick no longer registers 9 inputs and 3 inputs. AKA upper right and lower right.

A buddy said I need new switches and it would cost $25. However, I don’t know how to troubleshoot that’s the issue or not. If it isn’t I’m out $25 I could use towards a new stick.

Diagonal inputs activate two of the four actuators in your joystick. You should also experience issues with Cardinal directions if a switch is failing. The issue may be a worn actuator, faulty cable, or broken PCB. You can test most of these issues with a cheap multimeter.

Test the microswitches like so:

Replace any faulty switches or a worn actuator like this:

Pasta la Vista

Gold Member
I'm about to say fuck it and double dip on the PS5 version. No cross-progression sucks though. May try to give it another day of troubleshooting my PC issues, but uhh I was having a lot of fun with the game and I want to play it now, lol.

Naked Lunch

Took some serious trail and error - and lots of sacrificial beatdowns - but ive developed quite a nasty and hella annoying Dhalsim online.
One wrong move and you are pretty much toast - but the mind games and zoning lockdowns can be so satisfying when it works out.
Let the rage commence.

Oh and my boy EHonda is disgusting in this game. He's got all the tools.

I love all the different ways to just play people online, from the battle hub and spectating - to instant searching in ranked or casual. Gets crazy addicting being able to hop in any match so quickly.

Last edited:

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Really good points from Aris (video is like 2mins long)
Stop stressing yourself out!

Unless you think you have a real shot at that million dollars, just relax, you’re gonna have way more fun.

“You can’t lose a race you’re not in”
🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

Last edited:

yurinka

Is the same thing happening to Playstation players too, or is this just Microsoft being anti-consumer?
As far as I know PS+ is required to play in online multiplayer modes in paid games. So if you don't have PS+ you still can run the game and play the single player or local multiplayer content of the game.

But I don't know if it's really the case because I always had PS+.

Lasha

My plan was to buy the game on xbox, get used to its basics by going into training mode and arcade mode and THEN pay for an XBL Gold subscription, so I could play online.
I bought the game tonight, went to install it and couldnt find it in my games list anywhere. Then I noticed this on the store page...

"Game requires Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Live Gold to play on console (subscription sold separately)."

Am I missing something, or is this really scummy? Why do I need an online subscription to play single player content in a game that isnt even free-to-play? I paid $100 AUD for this and I cant play it at all, without a subscription?
Is the same thing happening to Playstation players too, or is this just Microsoft being anti-consumer?

I would file a tech support request. You should be able to install the game regardless of your subscription status. It would be a Capcom thing if they forced XBL for offline play. Minecraft Dungeons has a message "for online play" but works offline without a sub. Really curious what the reason for your issue is.

SCB3

Ugh 2 hours of just using Juri and I cannot escape Iron 2, a get a few wins, lose a few, rinse and repeat

I am getting better with her at least and learning about her stockpile ability and Drives (which I didn't know existed)

I would file a tech support request. You should be able to install the game regardless of your subscription status. It would be a Capcom thing if they forced XBL for offline play. Minecraft Dungeons has a message "for online play" but works offline without a sub. Really curious what the reason for your issue is.

It turns out that Street Fighter 6 can be installed and played without XBL Gold - I was just in the wrong menu section. How embarrassing. Its been a while since Ive installed a game I guess. Apologies to Microsoft.
Not seeing the game in my list of owned games, seeing THAT message on xbox.com regarding SF6 ("Game requires Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Live Gold to play on console (subscription sold separately).") and my general saltiness towards MS because of their failure to let players use 360 controllers on the console and the higher annual cost of XBL Gold, all led me to believe that they were screwing me over - but they weren't.
I havent bought Gold yet and Ive been able to play through Arcade mode and Training mode fine, so false alarm on my part.

Lasha

It turns out that Street Fighter 6 can be installed and played without XBL Gold - I was just in the wrong menu section. How embarrassing. Its been a while since Ive installed a game I guess. Apologies to Microsoft.
Not seeing the game in my list of owned games, seeing THAT message on xbox.com regarding SF6 ("Game requires Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Live Gold to play on console (subscription sold separately).") and my general saltiness towards MS because of their failure to let players use 360 controllers on the console and the higher annual cost of XBL Gold, all led me to believe that they were screwing me over - but they weren't.
I havent bought Gold yet and Ive been able to play through Arcade mode and Training mode fine, so false alarm on my part.

I'm glad you sorted things out. Don't feel bad. The series UI is pretty confusing. I loathe doing anything when my kids need help.

Pasta la Vista

Gold Member
I fucking hate how hard they push the modern controls in this.
I was playing online with some new characters and I was wondering why it switched back to modern controls after I set my controls to classic. Looks like I had to switch it to classic for every character. That's some bullshit, it wasn't immediately obvious how to do so either.

Is there any reason at all to use drive rush as a ken player? The only moves you can cancel into one are ones that are special cancellable so why would I waste a bar of drive gauge to do that just to land an extra + on block normal when I can reset my blockstring at + frames with heavy dragonlash instead?

SkylineRKR

I fucking hate how hard they push the modern controls in this.
I was playing online with some new characters and I was wondering why it switched back to modern controls after I set my controls to classic. Looks like I had to switch it to classic for every character. That's some bullshit, it wasn't immediately obvious how to do so either.

Yeah, just sat down a cab and then was locked to Luke with modern controls.

But you can change Classic to all. I forgot how, I think its either in options or you have to select it with Square before you matchmake and then press triangle to apply to all. I never have to change them for anyone again.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Went online and did a 17 win streak with Honda, took me straight to gold lol, somehow I did terrible in my placement matches and was put in bronze… that didn’t last long hahahahaha
Now to get Kim to gold. Might actually have to learn how to play! Lolololol

Ugh 2 hours of just using Juri and I cannot escape Iron 2, a get a few wins, lose a few, rinse and repeat

I am getting better with her at least and learning about her stockpile ability and Drives (which I didn't know existed)
Have you thought about joining a Juri feet club to help?
Ro50kij.jpg

mxbison

Man I really need to learn the damn frame data. Feels like some characters (Ken, Jamie, Marisa) can just nonstop press buttons and if you dare do anything you'll get counterhit.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I say this as someone who like street fighter characters and lore, but is not good at fighting games and is not interested in getting good. Ive been having a great time with this as a single player game using modern controls. I love the world tour mode, it feels like a new final fight game, and I get to simp for chun li in the game like I do irl. The graphics in world tour mode are rough, but the visuals in arcade mode hold up way better. The street fighters have never looked better, and the stages are packed with detail. I never thought I would say that a street fighter game would be one of my favorite games of the year, but here we are. Cant recommend this game enough, even if like me, you thought fighting games just weren’t for you

Osthyvel

I say this as someone who like street fighter characters and lore, but is not good at fighting games and is not interested in getting good. Ive been having a great time with this as a single player game using modern controls. I love the world tour mode, it feels like a new final fight game, and I get to simp for chun li in the game like I do irl. The graphics in world tour mode are rough, but the visuals in arcade mode hold up way better. The street fighters have never looked better, and the stages are packed with detail. I never thought I would say that a street fighter game would be one of my favorite games of the year, but here we are. Cant recommend this game enough, even if like me, you thought fighting games just weren’t for you

Fokk me.... This sound exactly like me, i always buy fightinggames but dont play them much, i spend to much money on sfv and did play it like 10h... But i really really want this, but i was thinking on waiting for a sale.... But after reading this, i will fokking buy it today...

Last edited:
Top Bottom