• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

stunning new Gears of War video

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
I think the footage is a play through of the behind-closed-doors demo I saw at e3 with a cliffy B armchair introduction. I haven't seen this video anywhere yet. Still looks awesome.

ChrisReid

Looks good, but the compressed cam video of a video makes it hard to tell. Direct-feed Ghost Recon videos look so damn smooth and slick when they're in motion, and this choppy video detracts quite a bit. I'm sure it'll look much better on real hardware on a real HDTV in front of you though.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Holy shit, that looked like alot of fun...

its like Pitch Black without Vin Diesel.

element

frame rate is one of the last things to get worked on, not to mention that the game is scheduled for 2006.

So they have time.

element

JoatesDogg187 said:
so apparently Im the only who saw this video right after E3?
I saw it. This wasn't the real demo being done in the private booth. This was being done in the press theatre.

The game has more in common with Kill|Switch then RE4.

ypo

"Oh you should email them. They probably have no idea."

Nah, I'm sure they are aware of the problem but are waiting on it to be magically fixed by the 100% dev kit. 3x the power baby! That's how it works right?

Nah, I'm sure they are aware of the problem but are waiting on it to be magically fixed by the 100% dev kit. 3x the power baby! That's how it works right?

You sir, are an idiot fanboy. You obviously have NO idea how the development process works. I think you should fly over to North Carolina and tell Mr Sweeney in person.

Your topic title is "stunning new Gear of War video" but in your post you say "sorry if old"

:lol

Great video, though I still can't get a sense of the gameplay judging from it.

Davew49

ypo said:
:lol calm down you xbox fanboy. It's called sarcasm.

You pretty much started this dance.. So I find it interesting that you ask someone to calm down. Funny stuff...

DAVEW

nitewulf

BRVolition said:
Great video, though I still can't get a sense of the gameplay judging from it.
you shoot. you take cover. you shoot some more. you blow shit up real good. and everything looks very pretty!

ypo

Haha, that's nice, but you forgot to quote the post I was replying to. Selective reading is fun. You xbots are out in full force tonight. Arguing for each other and all that. Impressive. *Thumbs up*

newsguy

dorio said:
Yeah, I'm sure he gets alot of tail for a programmer.

You better beleive it. He's young as hell and he makes a shitload of cash.

Cliffy: Hey, you're pretty cute

Hot chick with fat titties: Who are you?

Cliffy: I make Gears of War

Hot chick with fat titties: Vagina am cry

Yeah Klee I caught it. Man the graphics are sharp. Seeing it on my TV looked good, I can only imgine what it will look like directly fed onto and HD set-up.

This looks like something I would expect out of Resident Evil 5. Which is a very good thing, BTW. The only thing I don't like is the cursor while running, but I guess they don't want to restrict when you're able to shoot, and a run shoot is pointless without a cursor. The transitions to cinematics were a bit jarring, and there should have been some kind of animation for the valve. I'll assume it's just early. :)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'd be willing to bet some good coin that this game will not run at a consistent frame rate, and nowhere near 30.

Another science based argument crushes a thread with its logical weight.

GOW looks fucking aces. I've said it before and it bears repeating, it looks like a next-gen RE4 with more fluid controls.

Davew49

ypo said:
Haha, that's nice, but you forgot to quote the post I was replying to. Selective reading is fun. You xbots are out in full force tonight. Arguing for each other and all that. Impressive. *Thumbs up*

Weak sauce, man. I love how you blanket all those with opinions different than yours as an "xbot". Funny this system next to me says PS2 on the case. And the last half hour I was gaming on my laptop. But yeah you go ahead and label me an Xbot, that is what people do when the don't have much to support their cause.

But you know you were going to get called on this when you started with the statements you graced the thread with. Which is why so many people actually did offer you insight on the frame rate of the game, especially when the game is most likely a year out from release.

Better luck next time.

DAVEW49

JayFro

Banned
Watched this weeks ago, and the video quality was better on that one as well. This game will be tight as hell!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
WE'RE FUCKED!

no way thats going to stay in.

Still, looks nice. Flames need work. Still don't like games being so bloody dark and moody, but should be fun.

mrklaw said:
WE'RE FUCKED!

no way thats going to stay in.

Still, looks nice. Flames need work. Still don't like games being so bloody dark and moody, but should be fun.

well that comment should stay in the game!
this game aint for kids anyway

i am sure Video game will become more and more like Films

ypo

"Weak sauce, man. I love how you blanket all those with opinions different than yours as an "xbot". Funny this system next to me says PS2 on the case. And the last half hour I was gaming on my laptop. But yeah you go ahead and label me an Xbot, that is what people do when the don't have much to support their cause."

:lol please man don't give me that "I'm unbiased" schtick. I remember you well arguing day and night about DC vs PS2, well unless I mistaken you for another poster with the DaveW name. And what case are you talking about? :lol That the game has pretty crappy framerate now? Or the fact that they need to work on the framerate A LOT?

"But you know you were going to get called on this when you started with the statements you graced the thread with."

Well too fucking bad that some of you don't want to hear the truth. Tell me which of my first 2 statements is false?

"Which is why so many people actually did offer you insight on the frame rate of the game, especially when the game is most likely a year out from release."

That's fine but I don't remember a game that was shown with around 15 fps with drops ended up with solid 60 fps (or even solid 30fps) at release. Hey it can happen.

Razoric

Banned
ypo said:

haha look at this douche talk shit, back peddle, then talk shit some more.

Top Bottom