• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

stunning new Gears of War video

ypo

Oh come now. Another retarded xbot who can't read. Listen, that was a sarcastic response to that snide remark. If any of you idiots still can't get it well...I can't really help you anymore.

Razoric

Banned
ypo said:
Oh come now. Another retarded xbot who can't read. Listen, that was a sarcastic response to that snide remark. If any of you idiots still can't get it well...I can't really help you anymore.

calling people xbots or retards isn't going to help your case much btw... ;)

ypo said:
then they have a lot of tightening up to do.
You're a moron. Please go develop Gears of War and YOU fix the framerate on a video cam that was shoot under poor conditions. Please, do fix it. :rolleyes

thorns

Banned
For some reason I can't get so excited about this game. Sure looks great, but what else? Epic isn't really known for their great gameplay I think.. I'm kind of expecting the game to a linear /scripted graphical showcase for the system. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

Looks great, I just the gameplay is fun. Running from cover to cover is for fun for like 5 mins. Brothers in Arms and kill.switch were so very boring, I hope this game is more like RE4.

PhatSaqs

Banned
ypo said:
banhim.gif

thorns said:
For some reason I can't get so excited about this game. Sure looks great, but what else? Epic isn't really known for their great gameplay I think.. I'm kind of expecting the game to a linear /scripted graphical showcase for the system. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

:lol

Epic OWNZ!!! Unreal Tournament and Unreal Tournament 2004 are the best multiplayer online games ever!! Trust me these guys know how to make a fun game.

Gears of War is just early, the game doesn't come out till August 2006 so theres a lot of stuff to add etc. I am sure it will rock.

thorns

Banned
UT and UT2k4 are completely different kinds of games though. It's been a long time since I played Unreal I, but I don't remember it being particularly special. I hope it will be good, I'll just remain a bit skeptical until we get more hands-on info about the gameplay.

ypo

"You're a moron. Please go develop Gears of War and YOU fix the framerate on a video cam that was shoot under poor conditions. Please, do fix it. :rolleyes"

Damn another clueless dolt. Yes blame on the video which is running at 30 fps. :lol Let's see what other excuses will come up next.

"calling people xbots or retards isn't going to help your case much btw... ;)"

Hey I'm just going with the flow of the thread. : )

ypo said:
"You're a moron. Please go develop Gears of War and YOU fix the framerate on a video cam that was shoot under poor conditions. Please, do fix it. :rolleyes"

Damn another clueless dolt. Yes blame on the video which is running at 30 fps. :lol Let's see what other excuses will come up next.

Atleast the "retards" and "xbots" here can take solice in knowing that if you keep up this attitude problem you have, you won't last long.

As others have said, framerate is one of the last things to be worked on. It's pretty pointless to try and optimize the framerate for the devkit when the devkit is running on completely different hardware than the X360 will be running on. The framerate will be fine when it is released. Remember, this is coming from a company that is known for it's multiplayer first person shooters. These games require a great framerate. To expect anything less from the company would be quite silly.

Also, you should remember that MS licensed the engine for first party development. If they weren't absolutely certain they could make it run well on their system...why would they do that?

ypo said:

Look, the frame rate in a demo isn't the final product, why are you so cheesed over the framerate you're seeing?

Either way I don't care about the framerate that much because we haven't been shown a final cut of the game. Until then please go back to the hole from wence you came and shut up.

Any1

My god, How can Epic get graphics like these out of the dev kits with actually a lot of stuff moving on screen. I just wonder why there is such a huge discrepincy between this game and the majority of the other devkit developede games.

I don't think anyone can look at this game and call it an "Xbox 1.5" game. It deffinately shuts all the detractors who said the 360 is coming out to soon and will be underpowered for a next gen console. I just wonder why most of the other 360 developers appear to be so far behind Epic in the graphics department.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
ypo said:
banflakes.jpg

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Graphically, I'm not all that impressed, but they still have time. I think the plastic look and poor animation is mostly to blame for that. The framerate isn't good, but they should be able to smooth that out (I'm not counting on 60fps in the final game). Some of the objects look truely next-gen, but then others look really bad (like the burning car, especially when it rolls away and explodes). Was that Wallguy sticking his head up at about 2:09 in the clip? :)

If that video is an accurately portrayal of the gameplay, I think I'll pass, no matter how good the graphics are. Nothing's there that hasn't already been done and it's not really to my tastes.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Any1 said:
My god, How can Epic get graphics like these out of the dev kits with actually a lot of stuff moving on screen. I just wonder why there is such a huge discrepincy between this game and the majority of the other devkit developede games.
The main reason could be that this one game was running on a big PC with a nvidia sli 6800 setup, and not on the alpha hardware the other Xbox 360 games used.

Razoric

Banned
Blimblim said:
The main reason could be that this one game was running on a big PC with a nvidia sli 6800 setup, and not on the alpha hardware the other Xbox 360 games used.

So is that good or bad for GoW 360?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BTW, does anyone know why DOA4 didn't look like it was running on the 1 PPC code dev-kit? I mean, it sure didnt seem like running on the same dev-kit stuff like Dead Rising did.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
TTP said:
BTW, does anyone know why DOA4 didn't look like it was running on the 1 PPC code dev-kit? I mean, it sure didnt seem like running on the same dev-kit stuff like Dead Rising did.
We haven't seen anything realtime from DOA4. For all we know it could have been rendered frame by frame (I doubt it though). Itagaki said that the trailer was ready since a few weeks at E3, so it HAD to be running on the alpha dev kit.

Mario_Hugo

Lisa Edelstein's dad touched my private parts. True fact.
Btw, I honestly fucking hate streaming media. It has never, on any number of computers, any number of connections, worked as well as intended.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I never get tired of that Ban flakes pic.

Any way, im loving gears of war, In this stuff i especially love the really cool effect on those bat things flying around, those look awesome.

I hope they intend to tighten up some of those peeking out animations before it ships, other than that i cant see any problems with it.

Zer0

Banned
i was interested on this game,but this video have done a poor job on it,bad framerate,bad animation,looks like a clone of kill switch with excellent 10 fps gfx,i hope the full game is much better than this

Top Bottom