• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Successor to the Switch to be announced later this fiscal year

Hrk69

Frisbee Eating GIF

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
We got business with Sony first…

In all seriousness it’s amazing that only now he actually even recognises Switch 2’s existence haha.

Considering the delay I’m guessing they have a line up as strong as this…

March 2025 -

Console launch with new 3D Mario.

April - Metroid Prime 4 (cross gen).

May - Mario Kart IX.

June - F Zero GX 4k Remaster.

July - Age of Calamity 2.

August - Wind Waker + TP 4k Remaster.

September - Xenoblade 4.

October - Luigi’s Mansion 4.

November - Pokémon Red / Blue Remake.

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
At this point I think new Nintendo hardware is the only thing that can get me excited still, precisely because they like to bake in gimmicky hw level features (although this time, we might get nothing on that front). I don't think I'm gonna buy it, but I sure as hell will be paying attention when they show it.
For me it’s going to be exciting to finally see their games using advanced rendering features from the PS4 gen (the gen that absolutely blew us all away visually) all with good image quality. We’ll be going from 540-600p in docked for third party games and 720-900p for first party games to native 1080p as a baseline on Switch 2 with many games targeting 1440p using DLSS performance mode (native 720p).

After this gen though I’ll feel the same about Nintendo as I do Sony and MS because the gen after this is when the diminishing returns smash you in the face and you need to spend an extra $100 million for every 20% improvement you see on screen.

DJ12

So next year, finger crossed they don't mess with the formula. One youtuber is adamant they are going with a dual screen device, if so probs doa.

Stafford

Probably announced early 2025 and then a mid or late 2025 launch? Hopefully mid.

I mostly just want to know the specs. Is it a significant upgrade over Switch or is it like WiiU to Switch? Because that was downright pitiful.

Dazraell

That’s more fitting for Nintendo. Feels like they could give Game Freak the most advanced super computer available to man, and their output would still be this:
I mean, I don't think Nintendo cares about this at all considering how much money these games generates. I feel this will start being a problem for them when these games will stop selling so well and looking at Pokemon games popularity, I don't really see this changing anytime soon

Interesting he's specifically connecting it to the Switch announcement which was exactly 2 years before Switch release date.

With Switch still selling well, it could be a hint that the successor will be further delayed.

At this point I think new Nintendo hardware is the only thing that can get me excited still, precisely because they like to bake in gimmicky hw level features (although this time, we might get nothing on that front). I don't think I'm gonna buy it, but I sure as hell will be paying attention when they show it.
I feel the same. Even without gimmicks just more powerful Switch is more exciting than PS5 Pro for me (I have a good PC). But what they will bring for us in terms of gimmicks is very interesting too! I'm also fan of Nintendo first party games so it is the console I'm waiting for and probably buy just because of games.

gamer82

i hope they fix the eshop access this time around it's absoloute dire and a chore to browse to the point i just give up looking at it . yes im lazy i can't be botheed to go on another device to browse the store when it really should be so simple and painless to do it through the console. Anyone would think they don't want you spending on the store :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Fiscal year ends September 30, 2024. So its roughly 4 months to announcement.

Despite them saying they won't detail the Switch in June, i have a inkling that they will.

EDIT: Guess what! I was being a redneck, as usual.

Last edited:

Woopah

Fiscal year ends September 30, 2024. So its roughly 4 months to announcement.

Despite them saying they won't detail the Switch in June, i have a inkling that they will.
Fiscal year ends 31 March 2025. I think the announcement will come around September/October.

Top Bottom