• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

Loxley

wait, that Batman pic for real?

Yep. It's the photo that was used for the trailer event poster:

2kLl6ua.jpg

Im not feeling these, its like someone went to Wal-Mart to make these outfits. Especially that paintball gear Will Smith is wearing

Prompto

Banned
Will Smith being in this still just seems random as hell.

You got this cast of young or sort of not well known actors and then there is Will Smith. Just odd.
Well theres also Jared Leto and Viola Davis. And before he dropped out, there was Tom Hardy. It is pretty odd to see him in a comic book movie and playing Deadshot of all people though.

Loxley

Well theres also Jared Leto and Viola Davis. And before he dropped out, there was Tom Hardy. It is pretty odd to see him in a comic book movie and playing Deadshot of all people though.

You can thank After Earth's tanking horribly for Smith doing something that was not in his normal wheelhouse.

“‘Wild Wild West’ was less painful than ‘After Earth’ because my son was involved in ‘After Earth,’ and I led him into it. That was excruciating,” the 46-year-old said. Then he contemplated the importance of having films that topped box office charts.

“I never would have looked at myself in that way. I was a guy who, when I was 15, my girlfriend cheated on me, and I decided that if I was number one, no woman would ever cheat on me. All I have to do is make sure that no one’s ever better than me, and I’ll have the love that my heart yearns for. And I never released that and moved into a mature way of looking at the world and my artistry and love until the failure of ‘After Earth,’ when I had to accept that it’s not a good source of creation.”

Smith said when he received box office numbers the following Monday, he was “devastated for about 24 minutes,” and shortly after, he received a call that his father had cancer. “That put it in perspective — viciously.”

After a 90-minute treadmill session immediately following the news, Smith had an epiphany.

“That Monday started the new phase of my life, a new concept: Only love is going to fill that hole,” Smith said. “You can’t win enough, you can’t have enough money, you can’t succeed enough. There is not enough. The only thing that will ever satiate that existential thirst is love. And I just remember that day I made the shift from wanting to be a winner to wanting to have the most powerful, deep and beautiful relationships I could possibly have.”

Well I am just happy to see him branch out.

Dude fell into a rut with the whole Will Smith as Will Smith is random summer blockbuster or comedy flick thing.

Hearing that he turned down the role as Django in Django Unchained because he felt the role was playing second fiddle to Christoph Waltz's character was still the dumbest thing.
Hopefully that phase is behind him and he starts looking at good roles. Not just leading roles.

Loxley

I wouldn't say the comic book movie is out of his wheelhouse. He made his name in movies with big effects-driven blockbusters, and comic book movies are the new hotness in that realm. Natural next step IMO.

I think what makes Suicide Squad slightly different from the blockbusters Smith did post-Independence Day is that he's not playing a big superhero akin to Superman or Captain America. He's playing a pretty obscure character (to the mainstream) that isn't going to be the sole-focus of the movie, though Deadshot will undoubtedly have the most screen-time of all the Squad members outside of Harley and the Joker.

I agree it's a natural step for Smith to get into the superhero game like he did with Hancock, but the Suicide Squad seems like a pretty obscure choice on the surface.

You know, I'm ok with the look, even Harley Quinn's look. I was kinda hoping for the Animated series look. Or at least the Assault on Arkham look.

Dead

well not really...yet
Joel Kinnaman looking Boss

Harley looks great

Enchantress also looke fantastic

Jai Courtney already showing more personality in this costume than in any role hes taken on yet

Killer Croc looks like...Killer Croc

And dat Deadshot suit

Great looking cast

Top Bottom