• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

MattyG

Banned
I think Deadshot is the only one that looks decent. The rest are just boring or bad.

I have absolutely zero confidence in the DC cinematic universe (or whatever they're going to call it) at this point. I hope we get footage that proves me wrong sometime soon.

as someone who's never read anything about suicide squad or know anything about the characters, I don't like the mask/helmet, similar problem with Daredevil that it make the head looks big and in proportion with the body, it comes off a little bit silly imo.

That's what I like about it. It doesn't look like each of these street level thugs were able to hire a professional garment designer to manufacture a costume for them. Their world doesn't have Edna Mode in it.

Yea which is why it's not impressing me at all. I like comic book movies for the spectacle so costumes or story lines never matter much to me, but these costumes just seem a bit underwhelming given this is a big budget film. I'm sure it'll grow on me though

That's what I like about it. It doesn't look like each of these street level thugs were able to hire a professional garment designer to manufacture a costume for them. Their world doesn't have Edna Mode in it.

That's the best way to put it. Even better that they don't have something striking on since they're supposed to be a clandestine group in the first place and not the Sinister Six or something.

Yea which is why it's not impressing me at all. I like comic book movies for the spectacle so costumes or story lines never matter much to me, but these costumes just seem a bit underwhelming given this is a big budget film. I'm sure it'll grow on me though

Hmm, I like that we have both. I think limiting comic book adaptions to only super bright and over-the-top is unnecessary. That said, vote with your wallet. If when the movie comes out it still hasn't grown on you and enough others, the studio will take notice.

That's the best way to put it. Even better that they don't have something striking on since they're supposed to be a clandestine group in the first place and not the Sinister Six or something.

Exactly!

YO guys, from Smith's facebook

11188331_10155425076730161_6632703933412179985_n.jpg

I'm liking this. A lot.

Platy

Killer Croc looks awesome, Boomerang (discount tom hardy), Deadshot and Flagg looks perfect.

WTF they did with enchantress

El Diablo .... well I don't know the latest incarnation so I will give it a pass but wtf.

And .... HOW CAN THEY GET HARLEY SO WRONG ???
There is ZERO things from her theme ! ZERO

Ridley327

The Deadshot mask looks really great. I'm really pleasantly surprised that they kept the classic white for it, but it sure does catch the eye.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I like the way Harley, Katana, and Killer Croc all look. Deadshot looks ok too. His outfit is a bit bulky and busy though.

Platy

• White facepaint and dark eyeliner
  • Red and black/dark blue jacket
  • Twin ponytails
  • Maniacal glee

It's pretty clearly Harley.

I am HOPING that the things in her gloves are spades..... HOPING

Also she doesn't look like someone who had a psyquiatrist degree but that she almost never looked like =P

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Harley looks great, but her tattoos pretty much CONFIRM that Joker also had tattoos until they felt the backlash.

Hmm, I like that we have both. I think limiting comic book adaptions to only super bright and over-the-top is unnecessary. That said, vote with your wallet. If when the movie comes out it still hasn't grown on you and enough others, the studio will take notice.

Lol well I'm not invested in this film. I can enjoy most films at face value. I'm sure I'll go see this it whether or not the costumes grow on me.

Lol well I'm not invested in this film. I can enjoy most films at face value. I'm sure I'll go see this it whether or not the costumes grow on me.

Ah, gotcha. Well I'm psyched enough for the both of us! :p

Also she doesn't look like someone who had a psyquiatrist degree but that she almost never looked like =P

Yeah, that part of her backstory probably won't work here. It's always hard to buy (even as endearing as it is), but here would be a particularly hard sell.

Harley has never looked like this. NEVER. That's one of the main points of her character. It's such a sharp contrast from who she was that most people would never guess it.

Subitai

They needed to do better with Harley for this type of thing. Everyone else could be hit or miss if they hit a home run with her look.

Now, more than a year out, anticipation has currently turned to mixed.

rokero

I'm hyped for this they all look good imo especially deadshot, katana, Boomerang and croc, enchantress and harley are the weakest looking but they still look good would have preferred a more classic look for harley

Loxley

Harley looks great, but her tattoos pretty much CONFIRM that Joker also had tattoos until they felt the backlash.

Not really. We've gotten a rumor that claims the tattoos won't be in the final film, but zero confirmation. Even if that ends up being true, it doesn't automatically mean they removed the tattoos because of backlash. It could mean they genuinely used them for the unveiling because they knew the internet would freak out over it and cause the image to be a way bigger news story than it otherwise would have been.

Platy

Also Arrow's next episode trailer spoilers :

Katana there with armor looks better than this Katana on kimono

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Margot Robbie on twitter posted the group pic and said

Margot Robbie @MargotRobbie · 4h 4 hours ago
We're going on a field trip!! #SuicideSquad @DavidAyerMovies
That's something Harley would totally say, she gets the character.

Top Bottom