• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kil lThe justice League Previews are coming up

Draugoth

Gold Member
Blogposts:

Videos:

Last edited:

Luipadre

Just watched 2 minutes of PS access and its fucking awful. The UI is disgusting, the mission design is GaaS trash. RIP Rocksteady

This will review in the mid 60s at best and will crash and burn. Sadly a lot of good talent at rocksteady wasted 8 years to make this trash

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
The Rocksteady board room is the real suicide squad. Hope this doesn't close them down permanently.
AAA retail gaming, 2024. Full steam ahead. One wrong bet and you're toast. And it's not like they bet anything crazy. They bet the safest, most trend-following thing they could imagine lol, cross-promoted with 2 movies as well and a known IP. This is the future of creativity in AAA, and they still will die.

Last edited:
ouch. If previews are already that pessimistic it seems doomed.
I personally thought the videos so far did not look that bad. But I am not really a good judge on MP stuff anyway and might check it if the SP portion is noteworthy. I kinda liked Avengers and also Back4blood for example and at least with the latter I don't even see why you should not. (might have been patched a lot though???)

kyussman

I don't know about anyone else but those videos really brought back fond memories of stalking around the Batman Arkham games back in the day......NOT!!!

winjer

Gold Member
It's even worse than what the trailers would have us believe.
Such a shame that Rocksteady has fallen so far. So now we get this turd, instead of a proper Arkham game.

T4keD0wN

I wish them luck, but i dont think this is going to make a dent into Fortnite player base. Not only is it not F2P, but it doesnt even have a battle royale mode.

At least we know what will be free on epic next christmas?

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Tried to watch the Gamespot one, but it feels like he was trying to sell the game more than actually criticize or explain things he feels positive about. Only at very last part he tries something like that and he wasn't particular good to convey what he was talking about.

And this was him explaining why the game was trying to capture the magic of old games....by jumping(flying) everywhere, guns and loot system(it is lootboxes from the looks of it). I suggest people to not watch Gamespot one.

Last edited:
The Rocksteady board room is the real suicide squad. Hope this doesn't close them down permanently.

I'm not close enough to all this but have some questions and I'd love to find out the truth behind all this.

- Did a bunch of the talent leave rocksteady ages ago?
- Who at Rocksteady wanted to make a game as a service? The creatives? The Seniors? Or was it purely external pressure by WB?
- What the fuck were they all thinking?

It's just a shame when a studio is good at doing something that they feel the need to pivot into something they were never built to do. It would be like Rockstar deciding to make a fucking fantasty mmorpg, or Naughty Dog making a game with good mechanics. KNOW YOUR LANE.

Hugare

The UI is enough to make me go away from this thing

Damage numbers everywhere, combos on the left, COLORS GALORE, enemies with health bars and etc.

We know its gonna suck, the devs also know its gonna suck, everyone knows its gonna be a trainwreck. Its like waiting for an accident to happen at this point.

As said here before, hopefuly Rocksteady will survive

SJRB

Gold Member
Look at this shit:

g5d72Md.png

zemPziH.png

the_worst_the_office.gif

Saber

Gold Member
Look at this shit:

g5d72Md.png

zemPziH.png

the_worst_the_office.gif

Its a visual polution. And they are way too hard trying to tell themselves this is right and the essence of old Batman Arkhan games. Why they have to go this about lying to themselves at this point I got no idea.

Last edited:

Madflavor

I can't remember the last time I saw previews for such a high profile game like this be so negative. I mean I know we all thought it looked like doo doo butter before, but goddamn son.

And if even half of those story leaks are true, this game is gonna be such a fucking shitshow. Glad that once again, Superman still hasn't had his own game and we get this shit instead. Almost 10 years since Arkham Knight. Wait was clearly worth it.

I can't remember the last time I saw previews for such a high profile game like this be so negative. I mean I know we all thought it looked like doo doo butter before, but goddamn son.

And if even half of those story leaks are true, this game is gonna be such a fucking shitshow. Glad that once again, Superman still hasn't had his own game and we get this shit instead. Almost 10 years since Arkham Knight. Wait was clearly worth it.
Well, it is hard to make an interesting Superman game.

I think WB should making some DC Kart or something game.

Holy shit @ "Suicide Strike"

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
It is like in bowling when you try to strike but hit yourself.

Last edited:

Madflavor

I think WB should making some DC Kart or something game.

It is like in bowling when you try to strike but hit yourself.

At a time where games like Baldur's Gate 3, TotK, and Elden Ring exist, anything is possible so long as you have a group of devs passionate and talented enough to pull it off.

Roufianos

I watched the IGN preview, I am gobsmacked at how bad that gameplay looked, even if you completely ignored the negative commentary.

One liners, open world bloat, gear, numbers everwhere - This is a textbook example of how not to make a game, my God.

This makes Gotham Knights look like a masterpiece.

xrnzaaas

The UI will be a good new template how not to make one in a video game, finally allowing Ubisoft's games to rest.

Given the development time, why are the visuals barely, if it all, a step up from their previous game? What’s happened to Rocksteady?

Doom85

Superman is not very interesting character.

Youre Wrong John C Mcginley GIF

The original film (and to a lesser extent the second film) is excellent, Man of Steel has some issues but the action scenes slap hard, Superman vs. the Elite is one of, if not the, best of the DC Animated films, the Superman animated series from the 90’s may not be on the level of Batman TAS or even Justice League/JLU but is still great, there’s been a ton of great comics with him particularly All Star Superman, etc.

We’ve been eating good with Batman games for a while. Particularly with Kevin Conroy passing I feel it’s okay to take a break and give another DC hero the solid video game treatment that is long overdue.

It’s time for gamers to believe a man can fly.

Man Of Steel Ok GIF
Henry Cavill Superman GIF
superman GIF

do it jewish GIF

Depends on where they would take it. Could be in the vein of Smallville or Lois&Clark. Some cheesy funny rather mundane stuff. (imho the original films also fall udner that) Some Walking Dead/ Telltale Batman like game. Focusing more on his Clark reporter figure.
Or colossal enemies, like in Man of Steel, people of his own kind, or world destroyer like figures. Some street gangsters and average costumed lunatics ain't cutting it if you go full epic action with his too perfect abilities. Asuras Wrath was not really loved, but for a Superman game, having insane action in a space view should fit and in between mass slaughtering of some minions.
Or some mix of that.

Capable people certainly can make a Superman game work if not forced and come up with the ideas naturally. Capable people also should be able to pull off a Suicide Squad game. I think the idea has potential, forcing some weird baddies to work for you, which makes you immediately a baddy yourself, but the execution of both movies did not really capture the potential I see in that idea. The first one was undecided between funny and grim, the second chose funny. I would think the idea would lean naturally more towards grim, so the usual Warner tone. The game probably is rather colorful and had some funny cutscenes, so no grim tone either. Even the clown character Harley Quinn should appear more chaotic+tragic+lost imho than just endearingly mad. (I guess Joker 2 might have that) The rest of the crew I don't care one bit. Which is imho the dumb part of the game. Does anyone really care about any of the characters at all? In a character action like game? Gothan Knights was also not great in reviews, but it had at least characters people are interested in.

The only way to make an interesting Superman game is nerfing him massively. He's lost his powers and needs to get them back, bla bla...

IMO the main problem with the DC universe is that they mix demi-god characters with average people in high-tech gear and it completely blows the suspension of disbelief. Same reason why Captain Marvel went shopping to the other end of the galaxy while the Avengers fought for humankind. A superpowerful character is a walking black hole in the plot.

Last edited:
The only way to make an interesting Superman game is nerfing him massively. He's lost his powers and needs to get them back, bla bla...

IMO the main problem with the DC universe is that they mix demi-god characters with average people in high-tech gear and it completely blows the suspension of disbelief. Same reason why Captain Marvel went shopping to the other end of the galaxy while the Avengers fought for humankind. A superpowerful character is a walking black hole in the plot.
So how does that explain Thor who is a literal god?

cormack12

Gold Member
This will be the game that carries all the frustration of modern game fans and be panned for it disproportionately.

I think (after the last trailer) this will be at least as much fun as GotG.

Sadly journalists can already smell blood in the water and will make this their 'safe bet' to give an edgy 6 to.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
This will be the game that carries all the frustration of modern game fans and be panned for it disproportionately.

I think (after the last trailer) this will be at least as much fun as GotG.

Sadly journalists can already smell blood in the water and will make this their 'safe bet' to give an edgy 6 to.
100%. I don't trust their takes at all. They always surf the narrative already in place.

Top Bottom