• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN we played Suicide Squad and didn't like it

654uywmb6y021.jpg
This screen gave me a panic attack lol

Stuart360

I mean the game could end up being decent, it is Rocksteady afterall. Not that i would play it even if it got a 90+ MC score.
I just hope Rocksteady can survive this. I feel their reputation is good enough with gamers to survive, but whether they will survive WB if the game totally flops, thats another matter

Ozzie666

More like Warner Brothers didn't slip over a big enough pile of cash for the review score. Video goes up, more cash comes their way.

Seriously though, not that I base all my purchases off review scores. But a playable demo or free weekend would be great, or do they lack confidence in the product. At the end of the say even Avengers had a small audience and fans, so who knows? But definitely a wait and see price discount bargin purchase at this rate.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
I dont think Rocksteady really have a choice in the matter, unless you genuine believe the makers of the Arkham trology actually wanted to make a Suicide Squad game.
Idc who’s choice it was that’s what should have been done

Roufianos

I'm struggling to think of a AAA game that's looked as obviously shitty as this does pre-release.

Even Saints Row looked like it might have played decently.

TheKratos

Time for Sony to buy Rocksteady and make it a DC only dev, like Insomniac and Marvel. Problem is, seems Rocksteady can only do Arkham games.

amigastar

How could they fuck it up so badly? I mean they have made Batman Arkham Asylum one of the best superheroes game.

Last edited:

Jayjayhd34

bruh, wtf!?

Wow is someone trying to internally destroy rocksteady or somthing ? I'm sorry to say it but hhink this us the end of rocksteady who's going let them near any movie ip again

This camt be made by the same peeople who made arkham series they must have lost load of staff or somthing
Time for Sony to buy Rocksteady and make it a DC only dev, like Insomniac and Marvel. Problem is, seems Rocksteady can only do Arkham games.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
I played the beta and this is FUD from both journalists and the gaming community.

Game barely had any of all these HUD elements when I played and you could do fine without them, so if anyone has a problem with a certain indicator that they find useless, they should turn it off instead of rushing to post images on Twitter, idiots.

dottme

I played the beta and this is FUD from both journalists and the gaming community.

Game barely had any of all these HUD elements when I played and you could do fine without them, so if anyone has a problem with a certain indicator that they find useless, they should turn it off instead of rushing to post images on Twitter, idiots.
You know it’s not just one screenshot. There’s video around showing the mess. If it’s a FUD, I’m clearly impressed by the dedication.

Perrott

Gold Member
You know it’s not just one screenshot. There’s video around showing the mess. If it’s a FUD, I’m clearly impressed by the dedication.
I mean, its FUD by the journalists.

If you're going to preview Gran Turismo and you're reasonable skilled at driving games, you'll turn the on-track recommended path HUD element off, for instance. These journalists have been playing action/adventure games, third-person shooters, open-worlds and multiplayer games for years and years now. I'm sure they could have turn some of the things that they found to be redundant information off if it really was useless to them.

But they didn't because what would drive engagement for their Suicide Squad previews would be to not do the game any favors and try to portray it in the worst way possible and doing potato-quality YouTube uploads, so that the gaming community can continue to kick this game into the ground.

ProtoByte

These are probably the worst previews I've seen for a major release in years. Definitely from an industry leader like Rocksteady.

But it's not surprising. This game is a failure from top to bottom.

simpatico

The more I think about, someone just lays down $70 for the new super hero game, boots it up, and who do they get to play as? Two of them look like somebody rushed through a character creator, blue shark man, and harley. wtf?

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I watched the video and he praised a ton of things that matter to me. It sounds like he just doesn’t like a Destiny like game.

I guess me as a fan of Destiny, Anthem, etc is going to have a great time?

Killjoy-NL

The game may be shit, but a title like that for your article makes it read a like a shitty forum thread, not the work of a professional.
How so? Like there is some universal golden standard for professionalism.

If it sucks, it sucks. People should just speak their minds and not worry how people perceive their opinions.

Last edited:

Braag

Game looks like the worst kind of live service garbage in every trailer they have shown. So not surprising.
I bet they're contemplating on another delay.
Just take the L and make something good and not live service next time, if the studio survives this crap.

Shut0wen

They shit on things that are safe to shit on. Things where the narrative already went sour, and things from small publishers like Wanted: Dead. The game may suck, but you should be look at it and decide for yourself.
Seriously there wanted dead review was weird, the guy talks about how its not peefect but enjoyed what he played and for qhat it was, rates ot 4/10

Hoppa

In before Jason Schreier exposé where he interviews internal staff who claim them and their colleagues never wanted to make this game and the leaders persisted.

SkylineRKR

IGN usually likes everything so if they are negative about a preview then this will be quite the show.

This game will bomb harder than Gotham Knights. And I wonder if Rocksteady is going to survive this. They were absent for about a decade and if all they can deliver is this, then they have a problem.

Top Bottom