• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League |OT| Sent to Die

VulcanRaven

I liked the beta test more than I expected. Story seemed interesting and I liked playing alone. Will play this at some point but not at launch.

ManaByte

I liked the beta test more than I expected.

I think most people who played the Alpha past the tutorial liked to more than those who didn't and pretended they did. I just didn't want to play much of the story stuff in the Alpha before launch and with those watermarks all over the screen.

VulcanRaven

I think most people who played the Alpha past the tutorial liked to more than those who didn't and pretended they did. I just didn't want to play much of the story stuff in the Alpha before launch and with those watermarks all over the screen.
I liked mostly playing alone. I tried it with random players but it wasn't as fun for some reason and there would almost always be two Harleys or other characters to break the immersion.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Devs did a Q&A on Discord. These are the highlights they posted in the subreddit:

FOMO-free Battle Pass!

• A new Battle Pass will be released alongside each Season, full of cosmetic-only items. All Battle Passes can be progressed even after their respective Season has ended! We believe our outfits are absolutely amazing and if you choose to purchase a Premium Battle Pass we want to make sure you get to play with them!
End Game can be fully played solo!

• All End Game missions and Boss fights can be played and completed single player. And with Social Squad you can deck out your AI companions with the gear, talents and outfits of another player! Be that your friends while they're offline, a player at the top of the leaderboard or your favourite streamer!
New Game Plus style replayability of the story!

• Once you've finished the epic story you will unlock Metropolis Invasion Levels. These are 5 addition levels of difficulty for replaying the story in Metropolis, which will also give you greater rewards if you're up to the challenge!
Loads of UI customization:

For launch you can control visibility of these things:

• HUD
  • Mini-map
  • Aiming Reticle
  • Larger Persistent Center Dot
  • Enemy Health Bars
  • Enemy Health Bar Prompts
  • Damage Number
  • Player Markers
  • Player Names
  • Incoming Damage Indicators
  • Dynamic Tutorials
  • Combat Flair Challenges
  • Fullscreen Effects
  • Health/Shield Effects
From Episode 1 and onwards we'll be adding more nuanced control over:

• Health/Shield Bars
  • XP Bar
  • Mission Objectives
  • D-Pad Input prompts
  • Traversal Attack, Suicide Strike and Squad Ultimate abilities
  • HUD Input prompts
  • Traversal Bars

Regginator

I don't mean to shitpost or derail the thread, but I'm curious how much of Arkham-days Rocksteady is still present at current-day Rocksteady?

Because based on the footages I've seen of this, it's a wildly different playing and tonally different game than to the Arkham trilogy. Obviously that's not really a big deal, considering Batman couldn't be more different than the Suicide Squad so of course the gameplay won't be similar. But everything seems to point out they're going all-out on this soulless, endless GaaS style mission structure, and it really puts me off.

And I know corporate suits and pressure are a real thing, but as an outsider it feels unreal that this is the same Rocksteady of 10-15 years ago. Hence the question.

Luipadre

Devs did a Q&A on Discord. These are the highlights they posted in the subreddit:

FOMO-free Battle Pass!

• A new Battle Pass will be released alongside each Season, full of cosmetic-only items. All Battle Passes can be progressed even after their respective Season has ended! We believe our outfits are absolutely amazing and if you choose to purchase a Premium Battle Pass we want to make sure you get to play with them!

• All End Game missions and Boss fights can be played and completed single player. And with Social Squad you can deck out your AI companions with the gear, talents and outfits of another player! Be that your friends while they're offline, a player at the top of the leaderboard or your favourite streamer!

• Once you've finished the epic story you will unlock Metropolis Invasion Levels. These are 5 addition levels of difficulty for replaying the story in Metropolis, which will also give you greater rewards if you're up to the challenge!

• HUD
  • Mini-map
  • Aiming Reticle
  • Enemy Health Bars
  • Damage Number
  • Player Markers
  • Player Names
  • Dynamic Tutorials
  • Fullscreen Effects
  • Health/Shield Effects

• Health/Shield Bars
  • XP Bar
  • Mission Objectives
  • D-Pad Input prompts
  • HUD Input prompts
  • Traversal Bars

Turning off everything shouldnt be a solution for a bad HUD. If i turn off everything i cant play the game. How about try to make a good looking UI

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I don't mean to shitpost or derail the thread, but I'm curious how much of Arkham-days Rocksteady is still present at current-day Rocksteady?

Because based on the footages I've seen of this, it's a wildly different playing and tonally different game than to the Arkham trilogy. Obviously that's not really a big deal, considering Batman couldn't be more different than the Suicide Squad so of course the gameplay won't be similar. But everything seems to point out they're going all-out on this soulless, endless GaaS style mission structure, and it really puts me off.

And I know corporate suits and pressure are a real thing, but as an outsider it feels unreal that this is the same Rocksteady of 10-15 years ago. Hence the question.

I bet far fewer people than gamers expect stay at the same studio for 10-15 years, by that measure, there'll be a lot of changes that have occurred with staff.

But company ethos, methodology, culture, etc, are more persistent, so even if a lot of the people sat at the desks are different, the company could still be very, very similar.

Luipadre

Its still there in cutscene quality and in gameplay. The game itself was fun to play, but the awful repetative mission design brings it down a ton

Regginator

I bet far fewer people than gamers expect stay at the same studio for 10-15 years, by that measure, there'll be a lot of changes that have occurred with staff.

But company ethos, methodology, culture, etc, are more persistent, so even if a lot of the people sat at the desks are different, the company could still be very, very similar.
True, but I meant like the Rocksteady leadership/senior devs in leading positions, not everyday devs that do the 'footwork' (for a lack of a better word).

FeralEcho

It's basically inFAMOUS/Sunset Overdrive/Crackdown.

If you ever liked that style of traversal & combat focused open-world third-person shooters, then this might be for you, as well as if you're into Borderlands-type games.

And unlike any of the aforementioned titles, Suicide Squad will be solid on the narrative front.
The fuck did I just read....Infamous 1 and 2 have great story,even comparing it to this mess from what I've read of the leaks is embarrassing let alone it being better than them.

Traversal seems fine from what I've seen but compared to Arkham Knight....9 years ago it's slow as shit which considering it's the main attraction of it along with the *barf* loot is really not a good sign...

To me the story was the one thing that had me at least hopeful it'll carry the Rocksteady legacy but after the leaks... it's dead Jim.It has to be one of the dumbest written games I've ever seen and can't wait to see other people's opinions on it.

Saber

Gold Member
lmao nice start. Thanks for beta testing 100 euro edition buyers

I shit you not, didn't even know this game has not implemented an offline single player mode.

Whats wrong with this people? Whats gonna happen with people who want to play single player but happen to face problems like that?
This game was a tragedy since the reveal trailer and will be a disaster at launch.

Last edited:

nbkicker

all I want to no is the Harley Arkham outfit available to use, after the trailer shown her shut the locker door to the outfit with yeah right, especially after Arkham knight came out rocksteady had a few woman complaining about male dominated area to work in and then few months after rocksteady said it was changing its company to be more inclusive and in future all the females would get a say in how there female characters look and act in there games

Reactions: Isa

CSJ

I wonder if this will have any anti-cheat system, I just have this feeling they're going to cock it up big time.

Marvels Avengers didn't have any sort of anti-cheat, there were trainers to buy a lot of the shop stuff and currency/level up characters etc, could even memory edit items gear level so you didn't have to grind each hero out and play for weeks and weeks and weeks.
I had absolutely no more care for that game and just wanted to do high-end stuff with people at a reasonable power scale, have fun and then give up.
Lasted like 3 days there was no way I would've played that normally.

Toots

Gold Member
Saw this on the shelf at best buy last week. Didn't even think about trying to buy it. Looks awful.
That's pretty wild considering the game isn't supposed to be out until 4 days.
Is your best buy situated in
axyGlmd.jpg
???

Toots

Gold Member
Quite possibly. But I swear there was a single copy of the deluxe edition.
I know it can happen, i received my day one copy of Control from FNAC almost a whole week before the official date of release :messenger_grinning_smiling:
Too bad it was suicide squad and not FF7 rebirth...

• Fire
I know it can happen, i received my day one copy of Control from FNAC almost a whole week before the official date of release :messenger_grinning_smiling:
Too bad it was suicide squad and not FF7 rebirth...
Yeah I would've snagged that. It's probably still sitting there lol

• LOL

Interfectum

FOMO-free Battle Pass!

• HUD
  • Mini-map
  • Aiming Reticle
  • Enemy Health Bars
  • Damage Number
  • Player Markers
  • Player Names
  • Dynamic Tutorials
  • Fullscreen Effects
  • Health/Shield Effects

• Health/Shield Bars
  • XP Bar
  • Mission Objectives
  • D-Pad Input prompts
  • HUD Input prompts
  • Traversal Bars
Making me to do work because they are too incompetent to design a decent UI? Nah I'm good.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
It's basically inFAMOUS/Sunset Overdrive/Crackdown.

You forgot Agents of Mayhem

This game is so fucking Agents of Mayhem

It's amazing that that game didnt have co op. Looks like Rocksteady solved that issue.

Because Suicide Squad is basically Agents of Mayhem.

• Thoughtful
How is it compared to Gotham Knights?
Objectively, i wont call Gotham Knights a good game. (I still had a lot of fun with it in coop).

This one I played only alpha, but it feels like they nailed it. Purely on gameplay, I will take this over Sunset Overdrive, Infamous etc.

• Thoughtful

Power Pro

Saw this on the shelf at best buy last week. Didn't even think about trying to buy it. Looks awful.
Best Buy has a habit of employing morons that don't look at the street date on boxes or something. Twice in the past few months, I've taken games up to the counter only to be told I can't buy it cuz it's not out yet. I wasn't trying to pull a fast one or anything, they were games I didn't really follow release dates, and was just like "oh, this is out? sure i'll get it", but yeah...wasn't supposed to be put out for a week still. Street dates are so stupid imo, especially if a game is just sitting in the back room that long.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Guys ... this is literally the OT for people who are buying and playing the game. Why are you discussing unmarked spoilers?

Top Bottom