• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League Releases on February 2, 2024 (Pre Order Bonus Details and Trailers Also Released)

To your totally not alternate account (accusing you of being the other guy)

, (comma ie separate part of sentence)

doofus (calling you a doofus)
In this thread, you've incorrectly defined cash grab, complained that there's less racism in video games, demonstrated you have no idea what "virtue signaling" is, and thrown a temper tantrum that not everyone judges something before it's released.

But I'm the doofus? Sure, buddy.

Saber

Gold Member
Lgbt Batman hahaha

I knew something was wrong when they said that Gothan was darky and moody because of Batman, as if implies it is that way because of Batman gameplay and nothing to do with the tone and actual state of Gothan.

Is this game playable offline? If not, not even worth it at $10

Not entirelly sure, but from what I get is aways online but you can play solo.

In this thread, you've incorrectly defined cash grab, complained that there's less racism in video games, demonstrated you have no idea what "virtue signaling" is, and thrown a temper tantrum that not everyone judges something before it's released.

But I'm the doofus? Sure, buddy.
How did I incorrectly define a cash grab? When did I complain about less racism? I definitely didn’t mis categorize virtue signaling and I don’t think I ever threw a temper tantrum

Sooo yeah I guess you still are. Even more so now actually after going 0/4 on claims and giving zero examples to explain your accusations too

Last edited:
Anyway, regarding the actual game. I'm pretty interested in the game they are advertising here (which looks like the child of Borderlands and Crackdown with an IP I really like), but I have no interest in the game they were advertising last time around (Division 2 with jumping and wisecracks). We'll see which one they end up releasing.

Zuzu

It looks pretty much the same as the first trailer wrt gameplay. Dull, generic and uninspired gameplay imo. The story cutscenes weren’t engaging to me. The character’s personalities are boring and dialogue wasn’t interesting.

This looks impressively boring. It encapsulates everything annoyinag about modern gaming.
the game features these 4 well-established, distinctive characters. but - they all use guns & newly-acquired traversal abilities? so, basically, they could be anyone?...
Can’t put my finger on it but there’s something about the game that just makes it feel and look so bland and generic. It doesn’t have any soul, charm, or character.

Definitely not interested.
it looks very much to be gotham knights (which i got cheap) all over again. it 'functions', the mechanics aren't broken, everything works as its supposed to, but, yeah, where's the distinctive appeal? what makes you want be hanging out here doing this shit? maybe if we'd spent more time when we were young dreaming about killing the justice league, we'd get it?...

FNZSrs2.gif

Story and dialogue outsourced to sweet baby inc

Every single line is marvel cringey unfunny humor

Pre order bonus confirms it’s still a GaaS cash grab

Rocksteady metropolis and Superman with the best supersuit in any medium but you play as king shark

Arkham Batman and Kevin conroy last performance is mind controlled evil Batman in this always online garbage

Guy who got hired in 2018 tellin us rocksteady Batman games tone and atmosphere is not the studios tone but just specific to *those* games

DOA flop is so obvious and inevitable the two founders jumped ship a year ago

Glassdoor confirms this is corporate mandated garbage and the team morale has been shit the past 5 years

Graphics look worse than Arkham knight from 8 years ago

Last edited:
It took rocksteady 8.5 years to make this?
Depends on who you believe but; Jason Schrier allegedly swears they just had 1 cancelled AAA game before this that was not Superman (Justice League?)

However rumor has it that they did in fact start on Superman before management stepped in hence the metropolis city and brainiac assets. Two people on Twitter claim this, there was a guy on Reddit who claimed he had a job interview with them and asked about Superman and they kind of confirmed it, and James Sigfield, former insider who leaked suicide squad and the Damian Wayne Batman game said they pitched it and had plans and concept art in place. As well as a million 4chan leaks (I know I know) from in and out of rocksteady claiming they had Superman going in the late 2010s before shifting to suicide squad. Me? I see 4chan leaks like ufo sightings, 99% are bullshit but unlikely every single one is

Last edited:

GymWolf

FNZSrs2.gif

Rocksteady metropolis and Superman with the best supersuit in any medium but you play as king shark

Arkham Batman and Kevin conroy last performance is mind controlled evil Batman in this always online garbage

Guy who got hired in 2018 tellin us rocksteady Batman games tone and atmosphere is not the studios tone but just specific to *those* games

Glassdoor confirms this is corporate mandated garbage and the team morale is has been shit the past 5 years

Ehi, what do you have against king shark? :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

AgatonSax

Took them nine years to capture that Marvel magic. Good timing.

Didn’t the founders of Rocksteady flee the company last year?

I love how they just keep saying "STORY STORY STORY" ad nauseum trying to convince everyone it's not a live service shitshow. "Really guys its just Arkham with the Suicide Squad and gunplay! Believe us!"

Honestly, there are a few things I actually thought looked thoroughly okay...but the mere idea of paying $70+ for a game that is an endless slogfest of grinding to get infinitesimally better stat upgrades for my weapons...hard pass. Honestly, I can't see myself doing it if it comes to Gamepass and PS+ Extra/Premium. Gotham Knights is on both of those last I checked, and I can't be bothered to even consider downloading it. Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League just looks like GK on steroids.

I sit back and think of how we could have had at least two more Batman: Arkham Origins titles to round out the story of the development of the Arkhamverse and its heroes and villains. Because for all that game's naysayers, Batman: Arkham Knight sure seemed to make constant references to it. Or something akin to a Batman Beyond game in an Arkhamverse setting. Or hell, I'd be totally up for a straightforward sequel to Batman: Arkham Knight featuring Dick in the Batsuit. There were plenty of stories from that era that could be adapted to the Arkhamverse. Instead we got this live service monstrosity no one asked for.

I stand by my prediction that there is no saving this game. It's hefty pricetag makes it DOA. If this were releasing as a F2P game, it would certainly get a lot more people at least willing to install it and see if it's worth putting some time into. But the way the entire game is designed around an MP formula that other games are doing just as well if not better, for a lower asking price and being well-established on the market, makes the uphill climb of Rocksteady's nine year effort seem insurmountable. Even if the game doesn't launch terribly, with the unrealistic revenue goals WB as a whole has, I don't see any reality in which the game will be declared a success. Expect this game to launch tepidly or worse. It'll get a big update that fails to move the needle, the asking price will plummet (I'll be shocked if we don't see a sale price of $40 or less by May 2024--remember that Gotham Knights took less than a month to hit half price offers), and then the inevitable layoffs will begin and whatever the game's post launch roadmap is will suddenly become very muddled and dates removed. Given Rocksteady's pedigree, the game may be given a chance to "reinvent" itself with a 2.0 release that makes the game either F2P or all but free and relies on its cosmetics sales to bolster it. But that's a 50/50 at best.

The bottom line is, we've seen this story play out many times before, and we'll see it again. Given how WB has absolutely no interest in making another single player game, I'd say the Arkhamverse is pretty much dead--not just for Batman but for all of DC. Because we all know the only "lesson" WB will take from this is "no one cares about the Arkhamverse anymore". It can't possibly be that they don't want to play a live service Arkhamverse game, or that they want big, sprawling, SP games featuring their favorite DC heroes and villains. Nope, the failure will never be theirs, it will be ours. We just don't know how to appreciate nice things. :messenger_open_mouth:

Last edited:

Croga

They can try to hide the bones of this GaaS game as much as they want with somewhat clever editing of this latest trailer, while trying to push this as a "look it's like Arkham, we've got a good story!" but this still looks like absolute shite no matter how they try to portray it.

My own takeaways from what I've seen so far:
  • Traversal mechanics look shit.
  • Why does everyone have guns?
  • Trying to hide them but it's obvious you'll most likely spend the brunt of your time shooting purple blob weak points out of corrupted helicopters and enemies just like the original trailer, it can't have changed that much since the previous reveals.

What a shame to go from the fantastic Arkham games to this.

Bkdk

who would send their money on suicide mission to buy this trash? Like a dragon: infinite wealth, granblue fantasy and persona 3 reloaded all on similar release date, seems like this title would be rocksteady's suicide note. I'm predicting both rocksteady and bioware to be shut down next year, see if I'm right.

Last edited:
I love how they just keep saying "STORY STORY STORY" ad nauseum trying to convince everyone it's not a live service shitshow. "Really guys its just Arkham with the Suicide Squad and gunplay! Believe us!"

Honestly, there are a few things I actually thought looked thoroughly okay...but the mere idea of paying $70+ for a game that is an endless slogfest of grinding to get infinitesimally better stat upgrades for my weapons...hard pass. Honestly, I can't see myself doing it if it comes to Gamepass and PS+ Extra/Premium. Gotham Knights is on both of those last I checked, and I can't be bothered to even consider downloading it. Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League just looks like GK on steroids.

I sit back and think of how we could have had at least two more Batman: Arkham Origins titles to round out the story of the development of the Arkhamverse and its heroes and villains. Because for all that game's naysayers, Batman: Arkham Knight sure seemed to make constant references to it. Or something akin to a Batman Beyond game in an Arkhamverse setting. Or hell, I'd be totally up for a straightforward sequel to Batman: Arkham Knight featuring Dick in the Batsuit. There were plenty of stories from that era that could be adapted to the Arkhamverse. Instead we got this live service monstrosity no one asked for.

I stand by my prediction that there is no saving this game. It's hefty pricetag makes it DOA. If this were releasing as a F2P game, it would certainly get a lot more people at least willing to install it and see if it's worth putting some time into. But the way the entire game is designed around an MP formula that other games are doing just as well if not better, for a lower asking price and being well-established on the market, makes the uphill climb of Rocksteady's nine year effort seem insurmountable. Even if the game doesn't launch terribly, with the unrealistic revenue goals WB as a whole has, I don't see any reality in which the game will be declared a success. Expect this game to launch tepidly or worse. It'll get a big update that fails to move the needle, the asking price will plummet (I'll be shocked if we don't see a sale price of $40 or less by May 2024--remember that Gotham Knights took less than a month to hit half price offers), and then the inevitable layoffs will begin and whatever the game's post launch roadmap is will suddenly become very muddled and dates removed. Given Rocksteady's pedigree, the game may be given a chance to "reinvent" itself with a 2.0 release that makes the game either F2P or all but free and relies on its cosmetics sales to bolster it. But that's a 50/50 at best.

The bottom line is, we've seen this story play out many times before, and we'll see it again. Given how WB has absolutely no interest in making another single player game, I'd say the Arkhamverse is pretty much dead--not just for Batman but for all of DC. Because we all know the only "lesson" WB will take from this is "no one cares about the Arkhamverse anymore". It can't possibly be that they don't want to play a live service Arkhamverse game, or that they want big, sprawling, SP games featuring their favorite DC heroes and villains. Nope, the failure will never be theirs, it will be ours. We just don't know how to appreciate nice things. :messenger_open_mouth:

Amen

ProtoByte

I miss when Rocksteady was good.

I assume the reason we get this shit instead of a Superman game is a game starring a white guy (alien technically) is not woke enough, same reason we got Gotham Knights instead of the Batman Court of Owls game.
I wouldn't know about the games contents beyond the surface level, but Gotham Knights is actually the whitest cast I've seen in a AAA game for a while. The only major visual incongruity from the source material is how much of a meat head Jason Todd is and that goofy haircut on Tim Drake. The interpretations of the characters are still flat and mostly suck, but they didn't stray too far from the visuals of the characters.

More likely why we didn't get a Superman game because it doesn't lend itself to live service and the creative and design challenges to make it work are less attractive to unimaginative leadership and lazy devs than yet another Fortnite-style third person shooter with an empty open world. And because WB has been trying to make icons of the Suicide Squad like they never have for any other group or characters for the last 10 years.

Last edited:

Salz01

FNZSrs2.gif

Glassdoor confirms this is corporate mandated garbage and the team morale has been shit the past 5 years

….and Wonder Woman looks like a man.

ProtoByte

This game looks so flat.

The story they've concocted here is full of contrivance. That the Justice Leage would have wearable Speedforce on display at a self-aggrandizing museum is insane. How and why the Braniac-controlled Justice League doesn't just kill these jobbers on sight is beyond any reason.

And then the gameplay... it doesn't look like a hellish alien invasion is happening. It looks like an empty map from the early 2010s. It's not like you can't have humor mixed in with genuine tension and fear, but they can't even be bothered to try overwhelming the player with hordes of enemies that can fight back and chase down during traversal (most of which doesn't make sense for these characters, but whatever).

The gunplay is lacking impact. The audio design is weak af. Really don't understand how studios are still failing at basic shooting mechanics.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
I can't wait to use my shotgun with the purple stats instead of my shotgun with the yellow stats. It's going to be so much fun as I fight the patriarchy and white supremacy!

Not a single thing about this looks good in any imaginable way. Utter shit.

StueyDuck

so i have one extra alpha key, i'll DM the first response to this message saying they want it. (it's platform agnostic, you can choose)

(given to Zathalus Zathalus )

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
Looking forward to the alpha.

Currently downloading on Steam, hopefully the PC version is well optimized.

Top Bottom