• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League Releases on February 2, 2024 (Pre Order Bonus Details and Trailers Also Released)

Luipadre

Testsubject15 on PSN

Would love to see this shitshow early

classic-duck.gif

The company founders already moved on from the studio they built. I think that's a pretty strong sign.
Why do devs do that so soon? It reminds me of the Bioware founders leaving Before the Mass Effect trilogy even finished and sure enough, everyone hated the third one.

I get it's hard work and the temptation to cash out and relax would be there, but Rocksteady's peak was only 6 years from Asylum to Knight, the founders should not already be gone.

Of course maybe they were pushed out by the political climate in game development now, the fact that this game is every shitty woke trope rolled into one makes me wonder.

Valt7786

Why do devs do that so soon? It reminds me of the Bioware founders leaving Before the Mass Effect trilogy even finished and sure enough, everyone hated the third one.

I get it's hard work and the temptation to cash out and relax would be there, but Rocksteady's peak was only 6 years from Asylum to Knight, the founders should not already be gone.

Of course maybe they were pushed out by the political climate in game development now, the fact that this game is every shitty woke trope rolled into one makes me wonder.

I like to think the two founders left 'cause they didn't agree with the direction WB was pushing their studio in.

simpatico

Imagine spending 8 years working on a looter shooter you don't believe in. I'm guessing they're just demoralized. This isn't a game any independent developer makes as an expression of passion. It's a contract assignment.

Last edited:
I got into the alpha, so that means this will probably suck.

Man, I hope I'm completely wrong. Between the 4 Arkham games I have spent over 600 hours on them.

MirageMew2

In for the tech test. Seems it’s under a pretty strict nda (no streaming) and even these invite codes seem to be attached to your name.

Ywap

The only thing i see when watching these videos is a Fortnite game mode for the youngest.

Splash boom bang 💥✨⚡

Last edited:

Del_X

The game looks fun - like a better Sunset Overdrive from a momentum/movement standpoint. Would people that have played this confirm if that's accurate?

skneogaf

I hope this game bombs so they realise we don't want games like this. I won't even watch any of the trailers as I don't want ign or whoever to earn money from it.

Absolutely awful decision to spend years and years making rubbish like this.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
How do you even go about doing that without potentially fucking yourself
I know nothing about it. Never signed an NDA. I'd just assume that no one has any clue who you are on here unless you use the same usernames. Seems trivially easy to post whatever text impressions you want as long as you're not like leaking video with your gamertag on it. But I don't know.

Perrott

Gold Member
The game looks fun - like a better Sunset Overdrive from a momentum/movement standpoint. Would people that have played this confirm if that's accurate?
edit: yes. won't say anything else in order to not break the nda
Well, the movement mechanics vary from character to character.
I'd say the least cool is King Shark who simply jumps all around the place, which might have the bright side of being the most simple to control in chaotic scenarios. Then I'd put Harley Quinn, who traverses the environment as a mix between the webswinging of Spider-Man and the grapling hook of Batman. And the best are definitely Deadshot, who is a guy with a jetpack and that never disappoints, and Captain Boomerang, whose boomerang throwing & teleportation skills are really fun to engage with!
Movement overall is the best aspect of the gameplay, without a doubt. The combat can be really messy and the enemies and encounter design are easily the worst part of the game.
The story is extremely cool, amazing production values, well optimized on PC as well (it does pre-compile the shaders, so no stutter).

Last edited:
Top Bottom