• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Game Fest 2023 | OT | A'Dews E³X: Doritos Manvolution | June 8, 2PM PDT/3PM EDT/9PM CEST/8PM BST

Do you think Summer Game Fest 2023 will be good?

• Yes

Votes: 44 22.1%
  • No

Votes: 70 35.2%
  • Yesn't

Votes: 35 17.6%
  • Xbox Showcase will be better

Votes: 38 19.1%
  • PlayStation Showcase will be better

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Capcom Showcase will be better

Votes: 6 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Draugoth

Gold Member
5QvkWg7.jpg

w4h5LuE.jpg

4nk0c7qakq

Gsp6moR.jpg

a9oIUhr.jpg

Gsp6moR.jpg

wSw4OGZ.jpg

01134841184155.jpg

Gsp6moR.jpg

YXRBkMU.jpg

Gsp6moR.jpg

hZxtyiB.jpg

Gsp6moR.jpg

4ZWFFBp.jpg

869.png
9UAE5uZ.jpg
1581645425.png

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
What are the honest chances of seeing any Konami material here? I feel like back room politics between the two parties with Kojima randomly factoring in probably means Konami stuff is being saved for it's own shit.

Kvally

Banned
I think it will be it's usual ad-ridden dumpster fire show with an annoying host with 1 or 2 good games shown.

Sephimoth

Can't recall previous years, any big hitters usually shown at these?

I probably will skip and just watch highlights because these kinda shows always get me angry that I've wasted my time

Kvally

Banned
That’s crazy. The ps showcase already showed Alan wake wtf? Then spider man 2 and that samurai game. U must be trying to get likes by trolling
They said Alan Wake 2 gameplay. The PS showcase was 99.99% scripted Alan Wake 2 trailer. There was a combined total of 5 seconds of gameplay shown, and it didn't even have a UI. I would love to see them show Alan Wake 2 gameplay at the show.

They said Alan Wake 2 gameplay. The PS showcase was 99.99% scripted Alan Wake 2 trailer. There was a combined total of 5 seconds of gameplay shown, and it didn't even have a UI. I would love to see them show Alan Wake 2 gameplay at the show.
That 99.99% is 100% not accurate. Gameplay is gameplay. They’re not showing 15 min of Alan wake 2, it’s not Spider-Man , call of duty, final fantasy, Starfield, so gone head and scratch that off the list .

SSfox

I hope so
7N5geuI.jpg

But in any case it will hard, or even impossible to do worst than the last PS god awful Shitty PS Showcase
gV4x5rY.jpg

I'm ready, don't disappoint us Geoff
GZWnwCv.jpg

geoff-keighley-tga.gif

//DEVIL//

I am hyped because its a gaming show after all. but having surprises here means 1 less surprise that could have shown in that horrible dreadful PS5 showcase or the upcoming xbox showcase which they ( like sony ) might need few surprises heh.

all in all, I can't wait.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Most games are showcased without UI and HUDs now. Alan Wake 2 was all in-game and captured on a PS5.

Remedy's Communication Director:

Kvally

Banned
Most games are showcased without UI and HUDs now. Alan Wake 2 was all in-game and captured on a PS5.

Remedy's Communication Director:

Indeed. But it was only 5 seconds of actual gameplay. I would love to see like a solid 2 minute clip of a game section where the controller is being used.

Laieon

So far, the only good announcement I've seen come out of any Summer Games Fest is the remake of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.

I'm still hyped because even the worst game shows produce silly memes (may us never forgot the holy shows of Nintendo E3 2008, Konami 2010, or the holiest of holy, Jamie Kennedy's Activision 2007 Masterpiece).

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
That 99.99% is 100% not accurate. Gameplay is gameplay. They’re not showing 15 min of Alan wake 2, it’s not Spider-Man , call of duty, final fantasy, Starfield, so gone head and scratch that off the list .
I am more interested in game play where the gamer is controlling the character with their controller, not scripted moments in the game engine during the game. I am not alone. I will keep it on the list, thank you very much.

Mr Hyde

Phantom Liberty is so far the only interesting new thing I want to see. Lies of P looks great but I've seen so much of it already, just drop the damn game. Hoping Geoff has some aces up his sleeve. Best of luck to him on the show, and for keeping the community engaged over the summer with new announcements. He seems like a great dude.

Doubt we will see anything bar Death Stranding 2 for PlayStation but there could really do with being 3-4 trailers for new Sony games.

The upcoming slate is unbelievably small at the moment

Last edited:
Yes. I'm going in positive. And I wish Geoff the best of luck.

Remember, guys, E3 is dead. Summer Game Fest is the best we have now, so our best bet is that SGF continues to improve, become bigger and better, and satisfy our Summer gaming announcements needs.
I thought last year's Video Games Awards was very solid. Dunno why people hate on him.

TastyPastry

geoff hasn't been hyping the show much on twitter which is probably not a good sign. i thought the last game awards was great but i can't remember a single thing from the last SGF show

Markio128

I’m looking forward to this! Hopefully we get a peek at DS2 and FF7 Rebirth. Criminal that they weren’t part of the PS showcase.

I'll watch for that one Playstation thing and hope it's not Death Stranding 2.
is Motorstorm or Resistance collection really so much for ask for ??!!

NeroDaGod

Man I really really really want to love Armored Core because it’s from my favourite developers but I just can’t get into the whole Robot theme thing

This is an appetiser to the Showcases to come, the Sony showcase turned out to be the free crusty bread roll 🤣 joke guys I actually didn't think it was that bad.

Top Bottom