• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Game Fest 2023 | OT | A'Dews E³X: Doritos Manvolution | June 8, 2PM PDT/3PM EDT/9PM CEST/8PM BST

Do you think Summer Game Fest 2023 will be good?

• Yes

Votes: 44 22.1%
  • No

Votes: 70 35.2%
  • Yesn't

Votes: 35 17.6%
  • Xbox Showcase will be better

Votes: 38 19.1%
  • PlayStation Showcase will be better

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Capcom Showcase will be better

Votes: 6 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Looking forward to seeing the MK1 gameplay trailer and the teaser for Goodbye Volcano High 3: The Binary Quest

Video Games GIF by The Game Awards

I am more interested in game play where the gamer is controlling the character with their controller, not scripted moments in the game engine during the game. I am not alone. I will keep it on the list, thank you very much.
So the gameplay u seen an AI moved it? Because u do know everything u see is technically scripted right? It’s reviewed and planned before they show it right? RIGHT

Codes 208

Oh fuck, it just occurred to me we could actually see first gameplay footage of BT4 here, many dbz games have had their reveals at xbox events

nbkicker

So glad im at work and break time isnt till 1 1/2 hrs after this starts , so at least can just catch the good bits on youtube if there is any

Kusarigama

I can't of anything other than Mortal Kombat 1. That right there is my game.

It has been a very long wait, 3 weeks between the announcement trailer and the gameplay deep dive at SGF. And with Mortal Kombat 1 being promoted so heavily with SGF & the Mr Ed Boon and Geoff Keighley cranking the hype to 11( should I say 12), I can't be more excited for this!

Last edited:
I give it a 9, for once Geoff delivered the goods. He has a tendency to over-promise and under-deliver but the man came through on this one. From DS2, Hades 2, Ken Levine's new project, the absolutely bananas FFXVI trailer, Armored fucking Core, Tekken 8 gameplay and lots more, I genuinely enjoyed the show and always appreciate his passion for the industry.

This is what I wrote about last year's TGA's so if anyone can deliver the goods Keighley can, it was the best gaming "show" of the past couple of years. Let's see what happens, I'm looking forward to it 👌

So everyone is aware, here’s the Summer Showcase dates so far:

Guerilla Collective: June 7th
Summer Games Fest: June 8th
Day of the Devs: June 8th
Devolver Direct: June 8th
Wholesome Direct: June 10th
Future Games Show: June 10th
Microsoft's Showcase and Starfield Direct: June 11th
PC Gaming Show: June 11th
Ubisoft Forward: June 12th
Capcom Showcase: June 13th
Xbox Showcase Extended(Xbox's treehouse): June 13th

There will also be a Square Enix event on the 11th but it will be all for FFXVI

There will also be a Square Enix event on the 11th but it will be all for FFXVI
That’s a good reason to not add it to the list. It seems like the FFXVI fans don’t want to see anymore of that game because they’ve seen enough already, and they just want to play it instead.

I don’t blame them because I have seen enough too.

YukiOnna

That’s a good reason to not add it to the list. It seems like the FFXVI fans don’t want to see anymore of that game because they’ve seen enough already, and they just want to play it instead.

I don’t blame them because I have seen enough too.
It's more akin to a FFXIV Fan Fest but for 1 day. Panels diving into the game behind-the-scenes, try out Garuda Boss Challenge, etc. I'm pretty sure the demo announcement is tomorrow, too.

Good God. This shit was so much easier to keep up with when everyone just went to E3.

I'll watch it later. Hardly any showcase is worth watching live for me these days. Probably I'll get to give a look to threads that pop up here while it's airing.

supernova8

Banned

Adjusted it to ignore the stuff most people aren't going to watch anyway

People seem to be underestimating summer games fest if you ask me. Which is probably smart bc gaming events always have a chance of disappointing. But I thought they did great last year. Hopefully same this year

devolver make and publish excellent games so always worth a watch
I think he was doing it as a joke to what I said about the FFXVI showcase.

…Or he’s the equivalent to a movie goer who only checks out blockbuster films and then complains about why every movie he watches is a superhero movie.

Top Bottom