• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Game Fest 2023 | OT | A'Dews E³X: Doritos Manvolution | June 8, 2PM PDT/3PM EDT/9PM CEST/8PM BST

Do you think Summer Game Fest 2023 will be good?

• Yes

Votes: 44 22.1%
  • No

Votes: 70 35.2%
  • Yesn't

Votes: 35 17.6%
  • Xbox Showcase will be better

Votes: 38 19.1%
  • PlayStation Showcase will be better

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Capcom Showcase will be better

Votes: 6 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ballthyrm

This dungeon crawler doesn't look half bad, lot of gameplay loops we have already seen though.
So we will have to see how it plays.

ByWatterson

Two TV show trailers. Endless GaaS games. Endless games with the same art style. More GaaS. Virtually no single player AAA games.

This industry is fucked.

There's actually a ton of that, of high quality, out now and coming out. This year has seen Dead Space, RE4R, Hogwarts Legacy, Jedi Survivor, and Tears of the Kingdom. And we'll see the likes of Final Fantasy XVI, Starfield, Spider-Man 2, and Alan Wake II later this year.

It's just that the publishers of those games see almost nothing gained by showcasing them at venues like this. So we're left with GAAS shovelware and shitty sponsorships to justify a show that doesn't need to exist.

Last edited:
There is only one Jack
KdxubEB.jpg

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I'm not one of those people who trashes every game showcase as terrible, in fact I defended the recent Sony one I actually thought it was really good and had a lot of games that interested me.

For my tastes though, this one sucks so far. Very little that has interested me.

killatopak

Gold Member
There's actually a ton of that, of high quality, out now and coming out. This year has seen Dead Space, RE4R, Hogwarts Legacy, Jedi Survivor, and Tears of the Kingdom. And we'll see the likes of Starfield, Spider-Man 2, and Alan Wake II later this year.

It's just that the publishers of those games see almost nothing gained by showcasing them at venues like this. So we're left with GAAS shovelware and shitty sponsorships to justify a show that doesn't need to exist.
This year is actually great. I think the future is what’s uncertain. Most of these certainly doesn’t appeal me.

MagnesD3

From Software and Capcom are the only people who consistently make good video games now arent they.

Last edited:
Did you see that indie showcase yesterday?

We can't even rely on indies anymore it's all hot shit
It’s fucking sad…I keep hoping it’s just companies holding back fire, but it’s not happening. This is what devs are learning in school now. Dammit…I seriously never thought I would see gaming fade, like ever..but it is.

Laieon

From Software and Capcom are the only people who consistently make good video games arent they.

Not for me. The last game From made I enjoyed was Lost Kingdoms 2. Capcom? Uhh.... Oracle of Ages/Seasons, maybe.

Nintendo and World's Edge? Now we're talking.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Banned
Not a black guy randomly getting raped by a clown 🤷‍♂️
I mean... that's kind of exactly twisted metals vibe (he obviously wasn't being raped so I'm not gonna entertain that notion)

To be honest what we saw was pretty on brand with the games. At least from what I played and remember

Doesn't mean it's good, I just don't know what people were expecting.

Top Bottom