• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Game Fest 2023 | OT | A'Dews E³X: Doritos Manvolution | June 8, 2PM PDT/3PM EDT/9PM CEST/8PM BST

Do you think Summer Game Fest 2023 will be good?

• Yes

Votes: 44 22.1%
  • No

Votes: 70 35.2%
  • Yesn't

Votes: 35 17.6%
  • Xbox Showcase will be better

Votes: 38 19.1%
  • PlayStation Showcase will be better

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Capcom Showcase will be better

Votes: 6 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yoboman

FFVII Remake Part 2 saved Geoff
Kojima didn't give a fuck about his friend drowning

DnXJm1O.jpg

Also, if anyone is still tuning in, this was another issue I had with Geoff's show last year. Hyper Light Breaker gameplay deep dive is currently happening, and should have been showcased, but now everyone is turning off the stream so it's too late.

clarky

Gold Member
Lower your expectation for that event.
This year is utter shit. If it werent for the delays from 2022, it might have been a shit year.
Trust me my expectations could not be lower. Been doing this a long time.

The shows this year have been boobin's, I agree if that's what you mean. However games release so far this year have been stellar, well the ones i've picked up anyways.

Last edited:
I never played the original 7. I absolutely loved 7 remake. One of my fav games now.
I am contemplating playing the original 7.... but maybe better I dont
Do I have to play crisis core remaster?
All signs point to yep. I would probably just look up a lets play.

TheTony316

So do we feel we are gonna get a ff7 remake/rebirth Xbox unveil at their showcase?

Just strikes me as weird Sony didn't nab that for their showcase. I can only imagine it being because it's going multiplat (to xbox maybe Eben stream on switch)

No, this means nothing.

I mean, we just got a Spiderman 2 release date at a non Playstation event.

near

Gold Member
By your logic, why push elden ring dlc when armored core 6 is coming first.
Because it was announced 5 months ago with just a title and it's an expansion not a complete new entry. AC6 isn't due for another 3 months. FFXVI is 2 weeks away, and FF7R will require a full media blowout anyway.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
That was crap. Prince of Persia and Sonic were neat. FF7Rebirth was really the only great announcement. The rest were games I already was sold on (Lies of P, Alan Wake 2, Space Marine II), or cancer.

Bkdk

Certainly better than the sony one, just feels like a bit too long. Alan wake 2 gameplay and character design is certainly disappointing, especially that new main character. Finally I think stellar blade is dead, RIP.

They know people buy these games and consoles regardless, far too safe. That show belonged in the previous generation for most of that stuff.

The barely lukewarm applause in the audience said everything and you could see it at times on Geoff’s face.

Remember all that Unreal Engine 5 talk nearly three years ago? It would be nice to start seeing something of that. Maybe Sunday.

StueyDuck

No, this means nothing.

I mean, we just got a Spiderman 2 release date at a non Playstation event.
I've just got the tingles in my Willie that it's gonna happen. If I was jezzy poopoo or speshal nick people would be making threads about it

I've owned and platinumd it on both ps4 and ps5 so I'm not port begging.

The game is great and I'd enjoy more people playing it

came in expecting nothing got MK1 and FF7R and spider man 2 release date no FF16 demo, no death stranding 2 no MGS gameplay no RE4 DLC no hi 5 rush dlc no star field and no CP2077 Phantom liberty walk through suppose to be CDPR biggest DLC to date nothing HOW. Geff has to be high as AF to think this replaces E3 even in the worst e3 each showcase had at minimum 5 games I would care about from each of the big studios even with EA and ubisoft.

Yoboman

came in expecting nothing got MK1 and FF7R and spider man 2 release date no FF16 demo, no death stranding 2 no MGS gameplay no RE4 DLC no hi 5 rush dlc no star field and no CP2077 Phantom liberty walk through suppose to be CDPR biggest DLC to date nothing HOW. Geff has to be high as AF to think this replaces E3 even in the worst e3 each showcase had at minimum 5 games I would care about from each of the big studios even with EA and ubisoft.
How is that expecting nothing?

NickFire

Be fair to the dude. The banger E3 announcements mostly came from the hardware manufacturers presentations. They do their own things now.

feynoob

Trust me my expectations could not be lower. Been doing this a long time.

The shows this year have been boobin's, I agree if that's what you mean. However games release so far this year have been stellar, well the ones i've picked up anyways.
Those games are from 2022 delays.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
All signs point to yep. I would probably just look up a lets play.
The crisis core remaster is cheap but looks kinda bad.
Does it take place after ff7 or what?

Again - I only ever played 7 remake and 15 and I really want to replay 7 remake.

Maybe I will just finally play original 7. I know the remake is a play on original 7... but I don't think I like remake any less without any knowledge of original 7.

They know people buy these games and consoles regardless, far too safe. That show belonged in the previous generation for most of that stuff.

The barely lukewarm applause in the audience said everything and you could see it at times on Geoff’s face.

Remember all that Unreal Engine 5 talk nearly three years ago? It would be nice to start seeing something of that. Maybe Sunday.
You can buy 1 of those unreal engine 5 game next week.

The show was pretty average but being there in person made it a fun experience. The Door Dash part was hilarious. I was sitting next to the guy who was yelling. 10/10 cringe moment.

The crisis core remaster is cheap but looks kinda bad.
Does it take place after ff7 or what?

Again - I only ever played 7 remake and 15 and I really want to replay 7 remake.

Maybe I will just finally play original 7. I know the remake is a play on original 7... but I don't think I like remake any less without any knowledge of original 7.
Crisis Core is a prequel. It’s a fun game if you can find the remake for cheap. Or you can use an emulator for the PSP version.

Top Bottom