• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summon Night 6: Lost Borders Coming to PS4, PS Vita in February 2017

tauke

That wonderful shipping price for international address... └(T_T;)┘

...and I'll place my order later at work since Vic did a great job in packaging my copy of SN5.

Wish I earned in USD or equivalent currency haha.

Edit: Just placed my wonderful USD $177 order. Now I'll see when I have the money to buy a PS4 Neo-

vireland

How is CoH3 coming along?
(from the only person on the planet who wants it more than SN6)

Heading off topic?! CoH3's pretty much done, except for the song license (still working on it, don't ask), and it's been in testing for a while, so looking good. Still trying to get the UMD manufacture situation resolved favorably. It will come out, one way or another, but we're working to make it a physical+digital release like CoH2 and SN5. The abrupt shutdown of UMD manufacture really threw a wrench in things.

Speaking of OT, this thread probably should be split into another one just for the Wonderful Edition. The title says nothing about it, and that's the real news about Summon Night 6 today. The game itself was announced almost a month ago.

vireland

That wonderful shipping price for international address... └(T_T;)┘

...and I'll place my order later at work since Vic did a great job in packaging my copy of SN5.

Wish I earned in USD or equivalent currency haha.

Edit: Just placed my wonderful USD $177 order. Now I'll see when I have the money to buy a PS4 Neo-

Yeah, the shipping is pretty outrageous for international, but we're charging what it actually costs us, without factoring in shipping boxes or labor, so that's about as low as it can go. The problem is a box that's almost 4lbs. To get it down to a more reasonable price for international shipping, it would have to be under 3lbs, and there's no way we can make that, so we had to just bite the bullet. That reality helped shape the idea of an early bird discount to help with the outrageous international shipping. Cuts it almost in half.

Thanks for the support!

cj_iwakura

Heading off topic?! CoH3's pretty much done, except for the song license (still working on it, don't ask), and it's been in testing for a while, so looking good. Still trying to get the UMD manufacture situation resolved favorably. It will come out, one way or another, but we're working to make it a physical+digital release like CoH2 and SN5. The abrupt shutdown of UMD manufacture really threw a wrench in things.

Speaking of OT, this thread probably should be split into another one just for the Wonderful Edition. The title says nothing about it, and that's the real news about Summon Night 6 today. The game itself was announced almost a month ago.

That's good. Screw the song, I'm fine without it. :p

I do hope you get that UMD done, but I'll understand if you don't. I'll be happy just to have the game.

Since we're talking about CoH; Vic, do you think you'll be able to localize the game in the series: "Shin Ken To Mahou To Gakuen. Toni No Gakuen"?

That's the 3D game that's more akin to the 7th Dragon series. I've been wanting to play that in English since it was announced in Japan.

vireland

Since we're talking about CoH; Vic, do you think you'll be able to localize the game in the series: "Shin Ken To Mahou To Gakuen. Toni No Gakuen"?
That's the 3D game that's more akin to the 7th Dragon series. I've been wanting to play that in English since it was announced in Japan.

That one's essentially Class of Heroes 5, known as Chrono Academy. It's kind of a reboot of the series. I would love to do it, but it'd have to be brought forward to the Vita or some other platform now to be viable. Plus, we need to get CoH sales up to even keep banging away at the series, so that's another hurdle.

Short answer: I want to do it, but need to find a way.

That one's essentially Class of Heroes 5, known as Chrono Academy. It's kind of a reboot of the series. I would love to do it, but it'd have to be brought forward to the Vita or some other platform now to be viable. Plus, we need to get CoH sales up to even keep banging away at the series, so that's another hurdle.

Short answer: I want to do it, but need to find a way.

No worries, thank you for the answer. I kind of figured that would be the case, needing to find a way, as publishing PSP games in 2016 has to be a bit of a leap of faith.

vireland

No worries, thank you for the answer. I kind of figured that would be the case, needing to find a way, as publishing PSP games in 2016 has to be a bit of a leap of faith.

Hahaha, we were way past leap of faith publishing PSP games in 2014. Now we're just into completely uncharted territory. :)

The lack of JP dub is once again disappointing but I can't say no to this series. Been wanting to play this one for a long time. I actually resumed my 5 playthrough earlier today due to this announcement. Will definitely have to finish before this arrives in February.

cj_iwakura

The lack of JP dub is once again disappointing but I can't say no to this series. Been wanting to play this one for a long time. I actually resumed my 5 playthrough earlier today due to this announcement. Will definitely have to finish before this arrives in February.

Vic has the best dubs in the business under his belt. It's in good hands.

vireland

Vic has the best dubs in the business under his belt. It's in good hands.

First of all, thank you. Maybe a wee bit overstated, but appreciated, nonetheless.

Even though only the key events are voiced in the Japanese version, there's still a LOT of voice in this. It's been a slog to get all the recording laid down so far, and we still have a LOT to go. But, I know you'll be happy to know John Truitt has a part.

It's also looking very likely we'll be able to do an English version of the opening song, like Summon Night 5. We're pushing for dual opening songs (English/Japanese) at the push of a button (again, like we did for Summon Night 5) but we haven't got an answer on that part yet.

Is there any chance of the artbook being sold separately?

Short of having a Vita version of the WE, buying the Vita retail edition plus the artbook would make much more sense for me than buying the WE and a Vita copy (theoretically I guess I'm supposed to resell the PS4 copy in that case, but I don't really have experience with that).

vireland

Is there any chance of the artbook being sold separately?

Short of having a Vita version of the WE, buying the Vita retail edition plus the artbook would make much more sense for me than buying the WE and a Vita copy (theoretically I guess I'm supposed to resell the PS4 copy in that case, but I don't really have experience with that).

The art book was licensed only to be sold with the Wonderful Edition, so it won't be sold separately. I suppose you could "roll your own" WE by buying it and the Vita version and selling the PS4 version as you mentioned. Probably work out to be a wash, cost wise, and you'd get the set you want. The art book is really awesome. I think fans, old and new, will be suitably impressed.

cj_iwakura

First of all, thank you. Maybe a wee bit overstated, but appreciated, nonetheless.

Even though only the key events are voiced in the Japanese version, there's still a LOT of voice in this. It's been a slog to get all the recording laid down so far, and we still have a LOT to go. But, I know you'll be happy to know John Truitt has a part.

Forget the stuffed animal, you should market that with the WE.

"The magnificent return of John Truitt!"

Is there a particular reason why the Limited Edition is not on Vita? I usually only collect on Vita, not interested in a PS4 LE.

ctyVowb.png

Could have told you

Shinriji

A smaller LE for the vita version could be the best option, better than no LE at all. Since, you know, all the hardcore collectors, JRPG-centric fanbase, Summon Night 5 buyers are mostly vita owners as well.

Kinda surprised to hear that Vic, of all people, didn't knew of the rabid vita fanbase.

dgco86

When the orders are queued for shipment the multiples are kept together, so we'll be able to see them regardless of when in the presale period each order was placed. That's so we can try to give people who've ordered multiples a selection of variants. We didn't have that worked out for Class of Heroes 2, but we improved that for CoH2G and by Summon Night 5 we had a pretty good system for that. I'm pretty confident that barring an actual mistake on a specific order we'll be able to give multiples a non-repeating selection of the plush variants (unless it goes past 3, when it will repeat because there are only three possible plush). The "every effort" part is just there in case there's an error.

Awesome, got 1 ordered. Will get the other 2 (if I do decide on 3 copies) sometime over the next few weeks. Thanks!

matmanx1

For those who know, is the Vita version just as viable as the PS4 version? By viable, I mean does it run well, have decent load times and maintain feature parity with the PS4 version?

I haven't played a Summon Night game since Twin Age but from what I can see this looks right up my alley.

Takao

Banned
For those who know, is the Vita version just as viable as the PS4 version? By viable, I mean does it run well, have decent load times and maintain feature parity with the PS4 version?

From what I've been told and have seen, Summon Night 6 is one of the most impressive Vita games technically.

vireland

I haven't played a Summon Night game since Twin Age but from what I can see this looks right up my alley.

The only real ding on the Vita version for me is that the music isn't quite as good quality as the PS4 version. I'm *guessing* that's a compression issue. Graphics and performance are pretty amazing, IMO.

vireland

Can/should you play this without playing any previous SN games?

Completely enjoyable without playing the prior Summon Night games. The main three characters from this one are in a world isolated from Lyndbaum and the Otherworlds, and the other SN characters "drop in" to this world. The story is them trying to figure out why they're there and how to get back home. Not knowing the SN characters actually puts you as a player in the same confused position as the main characters in the game. But if you have played prior SN games, you do have the "hey, that's xxxx!" factor. Works both ways.

Alec

Yeah, thread title should be changed or something. I feel lucky to have clicked on this link to find out about the Wonderful Edition.

vireland

Eusis

Dual audio is more important to him/her than it is to you, big deal.
vireland pointed out that costs are rising to get the other voice track in so it can actively be foolish if things reach the point where it's simply too expensive for the sales the games can get.

Which is frustrating, as it gets more and more practical to have both options in yet costs (and occasionally ignorance but that's a fight worth picking) get in the way anyway.

cj_iwakura

Disappointing news. A Vita LE would have been perfect, considering SN5 was on handheld. Would love to pick up a Vita LE, will have to settle for the regular one instead.

I wouldn't count them out just yet, he's working on the poll. I'd be shocked if he wasn't swamped in interest.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
If there is a Vita LE, don't just make it the PS4 version with the Vita game thrown in there. Make the box say Vita or something at least.

Sigh. My wallet. :(

vireland

Forget the stuffed animal, you should market that with the WE.

"The magnificent return of John Truitt!"

Speaking of John - he heads up the downtown business promotion project in Redding. He was at tonight's city council meeting:

e9cb64b7-73ee-4e66-a398-3af30362e862.jpg

(Not in his Ghaleon uniform)

Top Bottom