• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch 2 to have 12gb ram and 2 mics seems so according to new leaks

Dorfdad

Gold Member
- 12 GB RAM (two 6 GB 7500 MT/s LPDDR5 modules)
- 256 GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage
- Seems like both the console will include a built-in microphone (and thus maybe controllers too?)

Seems to be a pretty big jump in all specs over switch 1 of true.

MayauMiao

2 mics? I'm assuming for each of the 2 controllers. Maybe some sort of game require 2 players to receive different audio in some sort of quiz like game.

Buggy Loop

Seems to be a pretty big jump in all specs over switch 1 of true.

Well yea

While even Nvidia's chip is ready for years now, based on Ampere with maybe a few tweaks here and there, Its a huge leap over Tegra X1.

Should be close to other mobile chipsets we see though in the same price range. Snapdragon's XR2 Gen 2 found in Quest 3, etc.

It's old by Nvidia standard (Nintendo is cheap), but it'll have quite a punch I think. These handheld platforms were handicapped by windows OS and API, A near to the metal Nvidia API and just software suite like DLSS is probably gonna put this device as the best graphics you'll see on a mobile platform for a while.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Yes, but not really, you see those 8gb models are similar to 16gb from other vendors so thats still more than 12. /s

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F8b1119ab-6ef2-448f-88bc-2f24427c60a2_480x360.gif

Audiophile

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
This seems like wishful thinking. I’m currently on a plane and can’t really load website well, what’s the source of this leak?

I’d be pretty happy with 12gb at those speeds, though. Hope it’s true!

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Don't forget the current switch only has 4 gigs of ram with maybe 1 gig for the os if that. 12 would be enough to get this gen ports easily.

12 GB might sound good in 2024, but launching in 2025 and towards it's lifecycle, it would be abysmal in 2033 when their next-next gen Switch 3 launches.

16 GB LPDDR5X should have been the norm, even for a company like Nintendo that cheaps out on hardware for margins over BoM.

It's going to be the same shit like Witcher 3 downgraded, but now current gen or next-gen (PS6 and Xbox Next) ports like Witcher 4 by Saber, where handheld runs at sub-1080p, and DLSS'd to 4K when docked on TV out.

120GB/s memory bandwidth would be a huge jump from current Switch's 25GB/s. Devs will be much happier working with that + the additional 8GBs of ram.

Top Bottom