• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars official thread ~ Going across the border!

Masamuna

Bought a wii+stick+tvc spontaneously for $150 the other day. Who are some really solid partners for Chun, Saki and Souki?

And Chunners is still good right? Can't wait for my bundle to arrive so I can practice.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Chun's aggressive playstyle mixes well with characters like Jun, Ryu, Morrigan, etc. whose assists allow more combos to continue.

Saki works well with Tekkaman since she can do loops with his assist.

I don't play much on Soki so I don't know about his assists. XP

pakkit

Banned
How's the single player in this game? I'm not sure if I'm willing to invest $50 dollars solely for an (admittedly great) multiplayer experience.

Because my friends at home suck and don't play videogames that often.

Boney

Banned
pakkit said:
How's the single player in this game? I'm not sure if I'm willing to invest $50 dollars solely for an (admittedly great) multiplayer experience.

Not Great.

pakkit said:

Great game, but poor, poor online experience. It could have been a contender if it wasn't for the lag. Don't waste your time unless you plan to play it strictly off-line, or don't care about significant lag in your fighting games.

pakkit said:

It's fine, a little easy really.

Dave Long

Banned
OJdaKiller said:
Great game, but poor, poor online experience. It could have been a contender if it wasn't for the lag. Don't waste your time unless you plan to play it strictly off-line, or don't care about significant lag in your fighting games.
I didn't have any lag issues playing this online. I also don't recall it being a huge issue for anyone.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Dave Long said:
I didn't have any lag issues playing this online. I also don't recall it being a huge issue for anyone.
The problem is that there is absolutely no indicator of how good/bad your opponent's connection is until you're already in the game with him. In most other games I can just filter or pick and choose according to ping from the lobby or whatever, but not in TvC. I've had matches spanning hundreds of miles that played pretty damn well, but most were intolerable and forced me to give up on the online play pretty quickly.

Im decent(by decent, I mean I can do a combo into special lol) at the game as far as local players go, but I have no idea what to do in a situation such as the Zero barrage. Goodness man, I would get beat perfect with no problems.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Sixfortyfive said:
The problem is that there is absolutely no indicator of how good/bad your opponent's connection is until you're already in the game with him. In most other games I can just filter or pick and choose according to ping from the lobby or whatever, but not in TvC. I've had matches spanning hundreds of miles that played pretty damn well, but most were intolerable and forced me to give up on the online play pretty quickly.

Definitely. Another problem, which is limited to very few people but unfortunately includes myself, is that the game will choose your default region based on what Wii you have. Mine is Japanese, so it sets my default region is Asia. Matches are extremely laggy doing "domestic" play. I have to set it to worldwide play and hope I get a U.S. player; it's usually Europeans and the quality varies. (Super Street Fighter IV will do this as well on PS3, but it's a simple matter of playing on a U.S. PSN account to fix that problem. You can't do this on the Wii)

Currently I'm living at my parents' house. They have a Wii which I've used to play TvC on, but when I try to play, I find that I have to wait quite a bit to find a match, and unlike my Wii, this is going off a wireless connection. It's much better with the LAN adapter.

I really like TvC a lot, but it's pretty much taken a back seat to all the other fighting games on the 360/PS3. Would love to see the game ported to XBLA or PSN if possible. But I suppose once MvC3 hits, no one is going to care about this game anyway.

You unlock her by beating Arcade with all of the other secret characters.

Anyway, I just watched about an hour and a bit of the TvC tournament (videos here if you want to watch them), and some of the players there were absolutely insane. There was a *huge* gap in skill level between some of them, as some people were only getting about 10-20% of damage in against one of their opponents' characters. I'm an *extremely* casual fan of fighting games (TvC and SFIV/SSFIV are the only "proper" fighting games I've ever owned and found accessible enough to play at any level), but I still like to watch competitive matches, and some of the matches were really enjoyable to watch.

That Gold Lightan match was ridiculous. Zero just kept flying over his head and shooting him. GL couldn't get anywhere near him, and the first match was a Perfect. The second was very nearly another; he managed to get a couple of lucky hits in. Why somebody would use Gold Lightan in a tournament, I have no idea. Like one of the commentators said, he can be really good against certain characters, but obviously, he's terrible against others. It's too much of a gamble, and it makes we wonder why the giants are legal at all, as it's clear that skill is hardly a factor so much as which characters they happen to end up against.

Anyway, I wonder why he didn't change characters after losing to a Perfect in the first match. Or are you only allowed to change one character in your team, and that doesn't apply to giants?

Is it worth buying this if I'm not planning to play online? (I suck at fighting games). It looks fun and I want to see if I like the gameplay before MvC3 comes out as I heard they will play fairly similar.

Ben2749 said:
It's too much of a gamble, and it makes we wonder why the giants are legal at all, as it's clear that skill is hardly a factor so much as which characters they happen to end up against.
Yeah, let's just ban matchups and all conterpicks and matchups in every fighting game.

viewtiful_dru said:
Yeah, let's just ban matchups and all conterpicks and matchups in every fighting game.

There's a massive difference between matchups that are advantageous or disadvantageous, and matchups where the outcome is pretty much pre-determined. That's why certain characters are banned in nearly every fighting game. Did you even watch the match? Gold Lightan had absolutely NO chance, and it's not surprising Zero managed to perfect him. Yet, as said in the commentary, characters like Polimar fare absymally against him.

shaowebb

How are people only JUST NOW realizing Roll is sick with combos? She has some of the fewest frames between her attacks in the game so she is incredibly fast at stringing them together. You have to stay on top of them though unless you play a keep away game to build meter to set up for the big stuff, otherwise she doesn't build meter as fast as some of the rest of the gang.

Her game really throws off a lot of people too since she is too short to be hit by certain attacks meaning she can dash pound them under it.

EDIT: God DAMN! E.G. Marn just took ANOTHER TVC tourney. First the Midwest and now this.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Actually, after watching the trailer again...

HOORAY! JUN'S PANTIES ARE THERE! JUST BEFORE IT REACHES 0:21 YOU CAN SEE THEM! WHITE AS EVER!

Threi

notag
good shit @ rotanibor beating down fools on the levelup live stream

too bad it seems like they have no interest in streaming the game though.

Boney

Banned
Holy shit just beat a guy with over 30000BP

Kicked my ass the second time ad all the subsequent times :p

Last fight he killed my second character as soon as it appeared :lol didn't even had a chance to do anything :p

I still put him on the spot a few times, but stupid lag didn't helped at all and missed some key combos. Surprisingly it seemed as if lag didn't bother him at all, they guy was superb.

Def Jukie

If anyone is interested in picking up an official stick or two for this game, check out your local Best Buy. I just picked one up on an impulse buy when I saw they were on clearance for $29.99.

Top Bottom