• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taxi cops arrest Mike Wallace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I hope they get fired. We don't need people like that in uniform. Picking on an old man? WTF is wrong with people?

Shinobi

The reaction to this story has been pretty amusing. Since it's a respected old white man, the belief is that the cops were ridiculously overzealous (and rightly so). Of course when it's just some young ruffian (black or otherwise) that goes through this, it's written off as someone who's merely resisting arrest and probably deserves what he got anyway.

Perhaps some people will now understand that some of these cops are overzealous punks who think way too highly of themselves, instead of people who just do their jobs. But I doubt it.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
In 1986, CBS anchor Dan Rather was beaten by a wacko attacker on Park Avenue. Police said William Tager, 49, came at Rather with a stream of near-gibberish that included the question "What's the frequency?" and a word the newsman told cops sounded like the name "Kenneth." When Rather sought refuge in a building lobby, he was struck from behind, knocked down and repeatedly kicked in the neck and kidneys.
I'm an idiot, I can only assume this and the REM song are related, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom