• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tears of the Kingdom is the biggest launch in UK this year, beating out Hogwarts Legacy, RE4, and Jedi Survivor

Nautilus

Banned
atomic bomb explosion GIF

Freeman76

Deserved. This Masterpiece should never lose to mediocre games like RE4R, Hogwarts and Jedi Survivor. Justice won.
None of those games are mediocre, but you already know that, and are clearly just being a penis on purpose.

On topic, surprised this sold more than Hogwarts considering its on multiple systems whereas this is obvs just on one. Massive success for Nintendo lets hope they use that profit to improve their hardware

LakeOf9

And when I dared to ask “how come Horizon 2 only sold 8m in a full year on over 140m console base” the Sony sackboys ate me alive
Horizon 2 wasn't selling to the 140 million install base, for most people it's a PS5 game, and it will sell as a PS5 game. Sony especially pushes its games with the whole graphic and tech angle, meaning their audience is likelier to wait for the better version of a game. And Horizon, more than God of War or GT or Spiderman, was the cross gen Sony game that REALLY benefitted from the PS5 (where the other ones are more straightforward PS5 ports).

L*][*N*K

Banned
Horizon 2 wasn't selling to the 140 million install base, for most people it's a PS5 game, and it will sell as a PS5 game. Sony especially pushes its games with the whole graphic and tech angle, meaning their audience is likelier to wait for the better version of a game. And Horizon, more than God of War or GT or Spiderman, was the cross gen Sony game that REALLY benefitted from the PS5 (where the other ones are more straightforward PS5 ports).
But it is available on PS4, it is a perfectly fine port, how come everything Sony related you people act like it is a special case and everyone is stupid for even questioning it?

LakeOf9

But it is available on PS4, it is a perfectly fine port, how come everything Sony related you people act like it is a special case and everyone is stupid for even questioning it?
because the existence of the ps4 port isn't contributing as much to its sales numbers. its not stupid to question it, you can question it, but when you're being provided an answer, dont just dismiss it lol. horizon has a great ps4 version, but the ps4 audience is not buying it, the game was sold as a tech showpiece, and people want to experience it as a tech showpiece, which means getting the ps5 version

Last edited:

L*][*N*K

Banned
because the existence of the ps4 port isn't contributing as much to its sales numbers. its not stupid to question it, you can question it, but when you're being provided an answer, dont just dismiss it lol. horizon has a great ps4 version, but the ps4 audience is not buying it, the game was sold as a tech showpiece, and people want to experience it as a tech showpiece, which means getting the ps5 version
Your answer is not an answer its an excuse, you want me to take your explanations as a fact, a life time of dealing with fanboys taught me to do otherwise.

oji-san

Banned
Great for them, it's the only Nintendo games i wanted to play, did play some of Breath of the Wild on my PC but not too far, maybe one day i will get a Nintendo console and play them.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Your answer is not an answer its an excuse, you want me to take your explanations as a fact, a life time of dealing with fanboys taught me to do otherwise.
ironic, coming from you lol

Because Horizon is not Zelda, nor should it be judged on selling like Zelda. Its still a very successful franchise.
he just love to mock Playstation but doesnt want to admit it lol, his past comments were pretty obvious.

Last edited:

MrA

Uncharted the movie, 400 million baby killer new film franchise
Mario movie, 1.3 billion, pffft
But to be fair he is correct that horizon ps4 is basically inconsequential, you can still buy launch edition copies at gamestop as of today.
Anyway 8 million with out free giveaway bundles is a strong seller to begin with, zero dawn sold 7.6 million the same time frame and zero dawn was heavily bundled in 2018 and 2019, plus the pc release to hit that 20 million number,

Anyway big showdown this year is going to be zelda vs spiderman, I think Zelda going to take it, tough i think both will have record breaking sales

vkbest

I didn’t buy Sony games on PS4 waiting for PS5 release, that happens often, people wait for better experience if they are sure they are buying the new hardware soon. Sometimes even some lifetime games sales are hurt. That is the main reason they didn’t make the DLC for PS4.

Top Bottom