• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale The Walking Dead Game May Continue, Says Robert Kirkman.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdea...games-continue-clementine-robert-kirkman/#nnn

During his panel at New York Comic Con on Thursday, Kirkman was which of the characters from the Telltale game he would like to bring into his Skybound and Image Comics comic book series. While he has stressed points in the past that he likes to keep each of the mediums separate as to allow for slightly different stories to prosper, he played along for a moment. "Definitely not Clementine," Kirkman said, to the crowd's dismay.

"All I will say on the Telltale front is just stay tuned. Everyone is trying to make sure Clementine's story gets told...I am not concerned, at the moment, with having to tell the story in comic book form because I am hoping the story will be completed. I may have said too much!"

Kadayi

Banned
Well, that's encouraging that people are working behind the scenes to make it happen. I haven't started the final season yet (I bought it just before the announcement), but I'd definitely like to see the series concluded. Though my ideal scenario is that someone reforms the company and run it in a viable fashion. Albeit like many I had criticisms with the engine tech (though it got better over time) I actually really enjoyed the GOT, Batman & GotG and I'd definitely be up for more of those series.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Didn't think it was worth a new thread, but SuperBunnyhop put this out yesterday, quite a good look at the TT problem.

Silent Duck

Well, that's encouraging that people are working behind the scenes to make it happen. I haven't started the final season yet (I bought it just before the announcement), but I'd definitely like to see the series concluded. Though my ideal scenario is that someone reforms the company and run it in a viable fashion. Albeit like many I had criticisms with the engine tech (though it got better over time) I actually really enjoyed the GOT, Batman & GotG and I'd definitely be up for more of those series.
Tell me about it. I bought the season two days before the announcement... after I received this email from TellTale.
2kjxaa.jpg

Two days later... (insert sound of Price is Right losing horns)

xrnzaaas

It's cool they sorted it out so fast, hopefully the remaining eps won't suffer from huge drop in length and quality. I haven't bought the final season yet so I'll wait how the situation pans out.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's cool they sorted it out so fast, hopefully the remaining eps won't suffer from huge drop in length and quality. I haven't bought the final season yet so I'll wait how the situation pans out.

That is my only concern, since I heard Episode 2 was fantastic. I have yet to start it, need to finish up Season 3 which I plan on this weekend.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

It should be fine. From reports episodes 3 was done except for quality testing (it would have came our this month) and 4 was far along with all/most writing done.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Good to know, thanks!

No problem.

Even Episode 4 had to be pretty far along. 3 was schedule to be out late October and 4 late November before the closure of Telltale. They just have to hire the right people to finish up the remaining work, so quality shouldn't be a big concern--unless the needed people are unwilling to do the work.

But last I heard, few of them had found new gigs so I imagine most will sign on. Maybe the new publisher will have some interest in hiring some permanently to make future TWD games in this style now that Telltale is gone. I loved their games and hope something similar comes along as there's not much else like them aside from Life is Strange and a few other things like Until Dawn and what not.

Kadayi

Banned
Didn't think it was worth a new thread, but SuperBunnyhop put this out yesterday, quite a good look at the TT problem.

That was a good watch. I do think that Life is Strange did swoop in and eat Telltales (TT) lunch somewhat as well, and their use of Unreal Engine, albeit still stylized put TTs efforts to shame. A pity really, because I actually quite liked Batman and GoTG and was looking forward to TT seeing what they could do with better engine tech.

Top Bottom