• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That one game you know you shouldn't enjoy soo much...

Gattsu25

Banned
We all have that one game that game that we enjoy that we know we shouldn't...that game that really doesn't have any redeeming qualities but you just can't put away. Something about that mix of bad gameplay, terrible presentation, and bad controls just doesn't register as they should...and after hours and hours of playing you say, "You know what? Fuck what other people say."

For me that game would be Eternal Ring...don't ask me why but this game isn't repelling me the way it should :b

Speevy

Banned
My nephew completed the Haunted Mansion twice in one sitting. After watching that, I have a new tolerance for pain.

Tarazet

Dragon Riders: Chronicles of Pern. More than anything else, it's my ability to enjoy this game that makes me consider getting professional help.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I certainly can't say I enjoyed the game immensely, but I didn't stop playing Death by Degrees until I had gone through it within a few days of release. Normally I'd just take a shitty or average game and sell it off. I did keep Nanobreaker for some strange reason, atlhough I couldn't stand to play that for more than 30 minutes.

Bebpo said:
I like Gungrave :\

:x

You also liked that shitty Taito action game that came out earlier this year, too, didn't you? What was it called again? :)

Bebpo

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
You also liked that shitty Taito action game that came out earlier this year, too, didn't you? What was it called again? :)

You're probably thinking of Tsukiyo ni Saraba which I didn't like but I didn't think it was horrible either. Just kinda severly flawed.

But hey, you like Tenchu PSP :p

Ferrio

Banned
rumble3.jpg

byproduct

The Amiga Brotherhood
Slave Zero, Gauntlet Legends, Trickstyle.

My love for all things Dreamcast blinds me to their faults.

If liking Rumble Roses is wrong, then I don't wanna be right.

galeriarcandy_19g.jpg

*********************************************************************************

The first NFSU for me. It had next to no depth and it ran at an unstable framerate, but good shit was it a blast to play.

Legend of Dragoon for me... I don't know why but I freaking loved this game, and nobody else in my circle had passing interest.

178618.jpg

ziran

gauntlet legends.

i know it's not very good in so many ways, but i love it, especially multiplayer :D

takes me back to the mid 80s and being huddled around the original arcade game :)

Rahul

The Guivre said:
Legend of Dragoon for me... I don't know why but I freaking loved this game, and nobody else in my circle had passing interest.

178618.jpg

mix of bad gameplay, terrible presentation, and bad controls

n/a to Legend of Dragoon if you ask me, LoD was huge budget, quality presentation, great storyline, gameplay on par with FFVIII, and pretty much standard RPG controls. Nothing wrong with it.

Mupepe

Banned
Rahul said:
n/a to Legend of Dragoon if you ask me, LoD was huge budget, quality presentation, great storyline, gameplay on par with FFVIII, and pretty much standard RPG controls. Nothing wrong with it.
IAWTP

sly

Banned
The Guivre said:

178618.jpg

Ditto. I LOVED this game!!!! It was my first RPG and I enjoyed every single moment; I hope Sony makes a sequel on the PS3.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
ziran said:
gauntlet legends.

i know it's not very good in so many ways, but i love it, especially multiplayer :D

takes me back to the mid 80s and being huddled around the original arcade game :)

I agree its multiplayer gold.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
The Guivre said:

178618.jpg

LoD was one of my favorite PSOne RPG games...... I loved the thing... the story, the characters, the music.... loved IT. I've long pined for a sequel that I know will never come. :(

DarkAngyl

Wakune said:
For me that game would be Eternal Ring...don't ask me why but this game isn't repelling me the way it should :b

I loved Eternal Ring! Of course I'm a huge fan of From's King's Field and KF-esque games to begin with. ;)

I like a lot of games I probably shouldn't. One of the biggies was the first Summoner. That game had so many issues from craptacular draw distance to the really bad combat system. I liked it anyway. :p

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Lyte Edge said:
Is this that Sega game with the cel shaded characters and real players?

That one is on GC. I have it, but the name is totally Japanese and I can't remember it. It's also not bad at all.

oh, and my game is Gotcha Force. The narrative is bad enough to rip your spine out in 3 minutes, but GOTTA GET THEM ALL! Stupid Capcom.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
The Bouncer.

But, I forced myself to play it because that was my only PS2 game for a while, and it grew on me.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Wakune said:
We all have that one game that game that we enjoy that we know we shouldn't...that game that really doesn't have any redeeming qualities but you just can't put away. Something about that mix of bad gameplay, terrible presentation, and bad controls just doesn't register as they should...and after hours and hours of playing you say, "You know what? Fuck what other people say."

I have no such game.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
kroutdogg said:
Powerstone - DC
Oh you just shut your filthy mouth. That was never a bad game in any form. Now if you said Power Stone 2, that I could see.

I really enjoyed DOAXBV (and all the DOA games, really). The Bloody Roar series is also great, stupid fun.

Showdown: Legends of Wrestling (crys himself to sleep)
It a glitchy mess, but the roster and match options make it a ton of fun.

Nothing like doing a 4 vs 4 Survivor Series match

Hart Foundation vs. LOD & Steiners

So much fun.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Ok here's one.... I love the driving sequences, love the replays... and the acting... oh so cheesy it's hilarious... what game am I talking about?

Maximum Chase

Too bad I'm so bad at moving gun shooting sequences... :(

demi

What, no Psychonauts entries? :lol

I'll pick the Nancy Drew series on PC. I shouldn't enjoy them because they're aimed at little girls, but I think they are all very good PC mystery point and click adventures. I've finished all 12 in the series thus far, and cannot wait for the new one to be released (it might have the Hardy Boys!)

Top Bottom