• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That one game you know you shouldn't enjoy soo much...

FiRez

0001992,03.jpeg

dinocrisis3may8.jpg

dino_crisis_3.jpg

Finished it twice, say whatever you want is an excellent game with great production values ruined by one of the most untinkable cameras ever but I get used too it and enjoyed it a lot.
Give it a try if you haven't played it yet, Hopefully someone will agree with me on this

sonarrat said:
Dragon Riders: Chronicles of Pern. More than anything else, it's my ability to enjoy this game that makes me consider getting professional help.
The controls on this game are god-awful, but I'm still not sorry I paid full retail for it. Yes, I'm a retarded fanboi.

iclash

uh...for me its Lord of The Rings: The Third Age. Bad story, unbalanced characters, unbalanced random battles, battles that didn't make sense--ok, i've killed the entire party of orcs, except 1. That 1 orc is attacking twice everytime one of my guys attacks once....and he just killed my whole part...awesome--one of the most painful games i've ever played and I played through the whole thing in about 3 days and I did all the evil mode stuff. I couldn't put it down. EA must have put subliminal mind control messages in the game.

Way of the Warrior. Man the feeling of satisfaction in pullling off that move, what was it called...oh yeah 'The Diagonal Jump'

TeTr1C

Postal 2 fits this description EXACTLY.

It was Psi-Ops for a while, but I just stopped playing that game altogether.

Dino Crisis 3 here as well. So patently flawed with the camera, yet I was able to work with it and enjoy the cinemas, boss fights, and presentation. Played through it a few times including Hard and Sonya modes, though I stopped with the obscenely hard (randomly generated and limited ammo weapon pick-ups) "Wheel of 4Tune" mode.

Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee

It's really only a decent rental fighter at best, but I can't help but have a blast playing it over and over. Maybe it's just the Godzilla fan in me. :(

Soul4ger

Soukaigi. Horribly complicated, unresponsive controls, some wickedly bad graphics.. But I find myself actually re-playing it every year. The presentation and music are swell. I'd be all for a remake on a system that could handle its grand scope.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I played Konquest mode in MK Deception for three straight days until I unlocked everything. I would wake up, go to work, and then come home and play until I fell asleep sitting up. And then I never touched the game after that.

Tony HoTT

Banned
Nanostray-

Despite its flaws it's still addicting as all hell trying to get these challenges finished. I have 8 so far.

Gattsu25

Banned
pollo said:
Red Dead Revolver.

I dont understand the unfounded hate =/
People hate Red Dead? :O That game truly kicks ass...one of the few games (another would be Oddworld Stranger's Wrath) to have a great wild west feeling

Driver 3.

It was a huge disappointment, but I still pop it in now and then to see if I can get past the mission in Nice where I have to chase an enemy car and shoot it up. Then after a few dozen times of being stopped dead by lamp posts and running head on into nearly invisible cars in shadowed alleys, I switch over to the Survival mini-game and have some high-adrenaline fun running from the psycho cops.

saelz8

Dudley MSF said:
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike.
I'll be on that game for hours. And here are my reasons why....

triple_msf.jpg

sf3ts_msf5.jpg

People hate Street Fighter 3? Anywho...my pick is HarryPotter: Quidditch World Cup. Was playing it last night with my nephew for a few hours.

suikodan

I have pretty good choices too :lol

Zombie Revenge - DC
Blue Stinger - DC
DOA Volleyball - Xbox
Rival Turf - SNES
Amagon - NES

LakeEarth

Dudley MSF said:
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike.
I'll be on that game for hours. And here are my reasons why....

triple_msf.jpg

sf3ts_msf5.jpg
Great scores, I have actually yet to get an MSF (got SS+ though) but I don't play the CPU often anyways. What difficulty was that at?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
CIMA: The Enemy
Mighty Bomb Jack
Vandal Hearts (what's the verdict on this game? I liked it a LOT but I'm sure some more hardcore SRPGers would look down on this game)

Roland Hood said:
Way of the Warrior. Man the feeling of satisfaction in pullling off that move, what was it called...oh yeah 'The Diagonal Jump'

LOL. Good memories. Man, the 3DO/Jag/32X generation gap produced some real shit.

I remember the Jag equivalent of WotW, Kasumi Ninja. That's the one with the Scotsman who throws fireballs--from under his kilt. :lol

Dear G-A Forum,

I can't believe the following actually happened to me:

My wife and two other buddies joined me for a 4 player Brute Force fest. We couldn't believe how meh the game was. And yet we played all night. At around 4 am, our pals had to leave to get some sleep. The next night, the two of them just happened to find themselves in the neighborhood. No words were needed. We knew why they were here.
We beat the final boss, high fived each other and cheered. Everyone put down their controllers and the awkward silence began. Our friends quickly found excuses to leave, and the four of us never talked of the shame of beating Brute Force together.

That is, until now.

SHAME.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Syphon Filter: Omega Strain.

The controls take practice, and the graphics are merely serviceable; but the progression was intensely satisfying. Huge objective-laden levels that rewarded not only new duds for your created avatar, but also new armaments and weaponry to outfit. Use shotguns often, and eventually you keep unlocking even more destructive boomsticks. It's addictive to try and 'collect' em all as it were. The online co-op was really solid and demanded tight teamwork. Everyone seemed to hate this game(complaints aren't entirely unfounded), but it did a lot of really cool things.

Resident Evil Outbreak 2 I think is half decent.

Although, only with an HDD (to cut down on load times) and playing with people you know and or playing with people while having an AIM convo open. For example I've played with CVXfreak and Defensor (GAFers) for the most recent times I booted this game up.

TheDuce22

Banned
My wife and two other buddies joined me for a 4 player Brute Force fest. We couldn't believe how meh the game was. And yet we played all night. At around 4 am, our pals had to leave to get some sleep. The next night, the two of them just happened to find themselves in the neighborhood. No words were needed. We knew why they were here.
We beat the final boss, high fived each other and cheered. Everyone put down their controllers and the awkward silence began. Our friends quickly found excuses to leave, and the four of us never talked of the shame of beating Brute Force together.

There is no shame in that. How many 4 player coop games do you know? Developers need to get with the program, coop is where its at. Should be in every freaking nextgen game. Online it would be even better.

Tarazet

Squirrel Killer said:
The controls on this game are god-awful, but I'm still not sorry I paid full retail for it. Yes, I'm a retarded fanboi.

Full retail (for Dragon Riders on Dreamcast) was $34.99, so that wasn't so much of an issue, especially since I got a lot of play time out of it.

Zeenbor

GaimeGuy said:
Quest 64 *cue mdm posting "the quote"*

I also played and beat Quest 64. If you think about it, it's pretty impressive that there was a game of that scope on N64 at the time. It had an even bigger overworld than Zelda: OoT. Some of the music was decent and the battle system was OK. I enjoyed the last part of the game because the tone was much more interesting to me.

My pick is Mischief Makers... I loved this game to death... It had awesome boss battles and I enjoyed the core mechanics of the gameplay. Plus, I laughed everytime I saw the cinematic where the professor would get hit for trying to grope Marina.

demi

djtiesto said:
Vandal Hearts (what's the verdict on this game? I liked it a LOT but I'm sure some more hardcore SRPGers would look down on this game)

I didn't think it was bad, but it was very straight-forward. Very.

I then tried out the second and I was just like...what. I haven't touched it since.

Top Bottom