• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 24 Hours of Le Mans 2015 |OT| Nissan enter the fray

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalin80

Banned
The Ligier LMP3 was revealed yesterday as well.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/06/11/new-ligier-lmp3-unveiled-by-onroak-at-le-mans.html

And I like it, I will take mine in midnight purple please. Although I'm really not sure there is room for another class at lemans, yes the number of garages is increasing over the next couple of years but it runs the risk of becoming too 'bitty'. Also this is supposed to serve as a bridge between GTE and LMP2, that's not a very wide gap to jump as is, unless they are planning on getting the lmp2 cars a few seconds a lap quicker to make more room for the new class.

Still like the look of this and the ginetta though, if nothing else it would make a great single series to watch and considering they have a Nissan powerplant there is a good chance Polphony Digital will acknowledge they exist!

Have just been catching up on some highlights, that Nissan looks deepy deeply annoyed that it keeps getting asked to go round corners, back suspension just keeps going 'nope'.

nicolajNN

Although I'm really not sure there is room for another class at lemans, yes the number of garages is increasing over the next couple of years but it runs the risk of becoming too 'bitty'. Also this is supposed to serve as a bridge between GTE and LMP2, that's not a very wide gap to jump as is, unless they are planning on getting the lmp2 cars a few seconds a lap quicker to make more room for the new class.

ACO announced new rules for P2 and GTE yesterday. From 2017 the lap times of the prototypes should become 4 seconds faster, while the GTE rules will take effect next year and decrease lap times by 2 seconds.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119419

Mastah

CHTUxKzUAAAN9wm.jpg:orig

kvk1

The reveal video was great.

Could have done without the cheesy CG of the car whizzing through Europe though.

Pacbois

Surprised by the livery but it look really cool.

Also I just found out that the race is back on free to air in France this year, good thing I waited before getting Eurosport Player then.

dalin80

Banned
USA

USA

USA

Considering the first gt40 was British designed and built I like to think spiritualy it still likes to race around calling the other cars cunts.

Had to have a bit of a giggle about the Nissan being punished for being too slow in qualy by being pushed even further down the grid. They must be having a great time.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I have a feeling that 458s will claim their first victim in the first two hours of the race :p

dalin80

Banned
At least those Nissans will be overtaking some cars..........

Down the straights definetly, they will gobble up those LMP2's, the issue is staying in front around the bends where they struggle to match the GT cars. And god knows what their fuel and tyre usage is like.

dubc35

I wonder how Max Chilton feels moving from F1 to sharing a car with a gamer. (Not dissing Jan but I find it amusing). Two GT academy drivers on the same team with Lucas.

Just read about FOX Sports (USA) coverage for this and it's so depressing. Look at this crap (Note: FOX Sports 2 isn't even in HD):

FOX Sports GO (Saturday, June 13 at 8:30 a.m. to Sunday, June 14 at 9:30 a.m.)
Saturday, June 13 (8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., FOX Sports 2)
Saturday, June 13 (7 p.m. to 8 p.m., FOX Sports 1)
Saturday, June 13 (11 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., FOX Sports 2)
Sunday, June 14 (3:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m., FOX Sports 1)
Sunday, June 14 (7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m., FOX Sports 2)
Sunday, June 14 (9 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., FOX Sports 1)

Sometimes it sucks being an American. #ProfoundSadness

dubc35

Just read about FOX Sports (USA) coverage for this and it's so depressing. Look at this crap (Note: FOX Sports 2 isn't even in HD):

WEC app, $10 for Le Mans, or watch the onboard streams in the OP.

I ended up buying the rest of the season for $30, ends up being $5/race for the rest of the season. Great deal IMO.

Fox Mulder

F1 coverage sucks too, NBC sports does no buildup or post race coverage, and there's tons of commercials.

I got the wec sub after seeing multiple recommendations.

WEC app, $10 for Le Mans, or watch the onboard streams in the OP.

I ended up buying the rest of the season for $30, ends up being $5/race for the rest of the season. Great deal IMO.

Can I use that to stream on my Apple device to my TV (with Airplay)? I don't want to be stuck behind a PC all day for this.

Why not both???

I'll watch the TV coverage when it's on and use the app when it's not.

I'll probably do both yeah, but the entire race is on the FoxSportsGo app as well, so I guess what I'm really asking is should I shell for the WEC app just for their coverage.

I'll probably do both yeah, but the entire race is on the FoxSportsGo app as well, so I guess what I'm really asking is should I shell for the WEC app just for their coverage.

Honestly, if you have GO I'd just stick with that. I watched the entire race on the app last year and the coverage was outstanding (read: commercial-free). Unfortunately, my new provider doesn't carry FS2 or GO, so my options were limited, but the WEC app has been worth every penny.

I don't even miss Varsha's musings since I usually roll with RLM commentary. I'll have to somehow tune in to the late-night Eurosport ramblings, though.

Klocker

Yes I have been spoiled last few years nearly all 24 hours on speed on my DVR and watch the whole thing as I could over weekend was amazing

This fox shit sucks and might do WEC but may be out tomorrow off and on and on west coast so would love to DVR it. At least we see the final 6 hours but now are down to 12 total. Better be some nighttime in there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom