• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The actual photo box Xbox Series S SSD 1TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
eRtxzjT.jpg

120 fps??

3f1.png
Then again PS5 has 8K somewhere in the box, perhaps series x as well.

But yeah, lol.
Now they only need to add a bluray drive option for physical retrocompat with xbox 360 and One.

That's the main reason I'm not buying one. I don't need an Xbox Series X and can't justify the premium for it, but I would if I could play my existing library on Series S.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Storage prices got divided by Ten since the series S launch
now to make the 1tb version costs even less than the 512gb

reminder that xbox is using the old Gen 3 SSDS
when now you can get 2tb gen 4 SSD for $70

This makes as much sense as saying Valve has to sell the 256GB Steamdeck for no more than $20 above the price of the $399 base model since that's how much a 256GB gen 3 Nvme ssd costs on Amazon.

SenkiDala

Storage prices got divided by Ten since the series S launch
now to make the 1tb version costs even less than the 512gb

reminder that xbox is using the old Gen 3 SSDS
when now you can get 2tb gen 4 SSD for $70
Have you seen a price decrease in Apple (or any other manufacturer) smartphones or computers since that storage price cut ? Sadly that's now how it works.

Since the PS4/Xbox One era, price cuts didn't happen that much. Since PS5/XSX the opposite happens (except in the US) 499€ to 549€ for the PS5 and XSX even though the systems are almost 3 years old now.

Before consoles prices were cut every 1 or 2 years, PS1, SNES, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox, and so on.

On the PS4/XO generation almost not anymore, very rare price cuts (when the PS5 go release here in Europe PS4 Pros were still at 399€ same than the PS5 digital)

And now the prices are increasing... I am also sad to see that obviously but times have changed.

Anyway, I wouldn't call doubling the storage with an additional costs of 50$ a price increase.

mrcroket

People, don't bother, being PS5 the best selling console is a fact that in all the threads that are xbox related most of the comments are not to comment the news but to throw shit.

It's super annoying, I wish the moderators put rules to avoid this absurd console war, and I say this as a owner of both (PS5 and Series X).

Mokus

For additional $50 the OLED Switch came with more upgrades then just doubling the internal storage.

magnumpy

Have you seen a price decrease in Apple (or any other manufacturer) smartphones or computers since that storage price cut ? Sadly that's now how it works.

Since the PS4/Xbox One era, price cuts didn't happen that much. Since PS5/XSX the opposite happens (except in the US) 499€ to 549€ for the PS5 and XSX even though the systems are almost 3 years old now.

Before consoles prices were cut every 1 or 2 years, PS1, SNES, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox, and so on.

On the PS4/XO generation almost not anymore, very rare price cuts (when the PS5 go release here in Europe PS4 Pros were still at 399€ same than the PS5 digital)

And now the prices are increasing... I am also sad to see that obviously but times have changed.

QFT

on the one hand "inflation" of prices is not at all a new phenomenon, but on the other hand I miss the good old days when the NES launched for $180

😭

If I was a betting man, I'd say Series S has more 120fps games than PS5 has 8k ones.
I think PS5 only has 1 game that is 8K but it downsamples to 4K or some shit lol.

Not sure what games are 120fps on Series S but 120fps is easier to push than 8K. well at 1080-1440p. plus you need a good CPU to be able to display so many frames. it's not all about the GPU which you need for resolution.

Last edited:

AngelMuffin

At the point, if you’re gonna spend $300, you may as well buy a used Series X. See those go for $300-$350 all the time.

Tommi84

But yeah, lol.Now they only need to add a bluray drive option or solution for physical retrocompat with xbox 360 and One.
MS wants this to be a 'gamepass-machine', adding an option to play cheaper games on disc defeates this very purpose. They will not do this.

Then again PS5 has 8K somewhere in the box, perhaps series x as well.

But yeah, lol.Now they only need to add a bluray drive option or solution for physical retrocompat with xbox 360 and One.

That's the main reason I'm not buying one. I don't need an Xbox Series X and can't justify the premium for it, but I would if I could play my existing library on Series S.

A solution should have happened years ago.

Let's not forget about The Touryst running at 8K 60FPS (Internally before being down sampled to 4K) on PS5!

Chukhopops

Design wise I actually much prefer the white one, it’s small and elegant.

But the extra storage for the price difference makes the older model obsolete, especially considering it regularly has price drops / bundles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom