• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The actual photo box Xbox Series S SSD 1TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
it never looked good but white looked better. IMO the ALL WHITE version looks the best (with white grill) and does not exist

it's the circle that i don't like. they should've just done vents (even if they don't vent shit) over half of the console, like the Xbox One S, instead of doing a circle.

but then you'd get not so bright people buying an Xbox One S thinking it was a Series S.

At least the XSS does actually have a few games that output at 120fps. PS5 can't even display a still image at 8k so far. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
50+ games at 120fps or high fps.

PS5 can do 1 game at "8K" and it seems Sony doesn't let you actually view it at 8K. Maybe they've updated it by now but still.... 1 game. Maybe that's all it takes to slap 8K on the box.

Mr Moose

At least the XSS does actually have a few games that output at 120fps. PS5 can't even display a still image at 8k so far. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
xbox-series-x-unboxing-gadgetmatch-2020111323.jpg

Something they have in common.

DaGwaphics

50+ games at 120fps or high fps.

PS5 can do 1 game at "8K" and it seems Sony doesn't let you actually view it at 8K. Maybe they've updated it by now but still.... 1 game. Maybe that's all it takes to slap 8K on the box.

Yeah, at this point I don't think the XSX or PS5 have implemented 8k output over the hdmi, though both do feature the latest hdmi specification. However, I haven't been following that closely, at some point I'm sure that the firmware will get updated to at least support 8k video playback.

Last edited:

Bojji

Yeah, at this point I don't think the XSX or PS5 have implemented 8k output over the hdmi, though both do feature the latest hdmi specification. Though I haven't been following that closely, at some point I'm sure that the firmware will get updated to at least support 8k video playback.

PS5 doesn't have enough bandwidth to do 8K, 60Hz, 4:2:0 with HDR:

3TIN7Js.png

Xbox has 40Gb/s while PS5 has 32 so MS console can probably do it. That's output for gaming, something like 24/30Hz for movies wouldn't be any problem, all they have to do is to implement it in firmware.

twilo99

PS5 doesn't have enough bandwidth to do 8K, 60Hz, 4:2:0 with HDR:

3TIN7Js.png

Xbox has 40Gb/s while PS5 has 32 so MS console can probably do it. That's output for gaming, something like 24/30Hz for movies wouldn't be any problem, all they have to do is to implement it in firmware.

True, but I don’t think the Xbox can handle a game at 8K60 anyway so putting that on the box is no good.

120fps on the XSS box however is legit since there are games that do run at that frame rate.

As far as I know the ps5 can’t do 4:4:4 chroma because of that same bandwidth restriction.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

I flatten them out and keep them in storage. I'm missing my old PS3 and X360 boxes during a move. :(

I have no idea where my PS5 box is, maybe my better half threw it but I've made a point to keep the SX box because of how good the packaging was.

The PS4 etc older console boxes i discarded years ago before reselling those consoles.

Last edited:

Bojji

True, but I don’t think the Xbox can handle a game at 8K60 anyway so putting that on the box is no good.

120fps on the XSS box however is legit since there are games that do run at that frame rate.

As far as I know the ps5 can’t do 4:4:4 chroma because of that same bandwidth restriction.

I was talking about console output only, not game resolution, outputing to 8K tv with 8K signal should produce lower input lag than what is happening right now and no console is able to do that.

PS5 is limited to 4:2:2 when outputting 120Hz with HDR, Xbox can do full RGB in that scenario (thanks to 40Mb/s HDMI 2.1).

That's a lot of storage for a speaker.

Going all black does make it look better. Still tempted to jump in for a cheap GP machine.

//DEVIL//

I love xbox and all. But at this price you really have something wrong in your head to pick this up over a PS5 digital for 50$ more ( or the rumored slim for ,the same price )

Xbox series S should be 250$ at this point max. If you want to be greedy, the 1tb at 300.

There is no single reason this is priced at 350$ outside of scam when a way more powerful console is just 50$ more.

If I am hell bent on buying an Xbox. I would pick up the series X over this for 150$ more or used Xbox series X for probably 350$ too ( and save tax )
Rubbish.

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
I love xbox and all. But at this price you really have something wrong in your head to pick this up over a PS5 digital for 50$ more ( or the rumored slim for ,the same price )

Xbox series S should be 250$ at this point max. If you want to be greedy, the 1tb at 300.

There is no single reason this is priced at 350$ outside of scam when a way more powerful console is just 50$ more.

If I am hell bent on buying an Xbox. I would pick up the series X over this for 150$ more or used Xbox series X for probably 350$ too ( and save tax )
Rubbish.
Oh, the price is dropping in the coming weeks.

Riky

$MSFT
Aren’t there a few games that hit 120fps on the xss?

Yes, also FPS boost add even more. The ONE X enhancements would have been nice but Series S runs some games at twice and sometimes four times the framerate of ONE X so it's swings and roundabouts.

SenkiDala

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom