• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Yet you a grownass man crying over an akira toriyama reject
That was fake. I cut a promo on every one of you and you all fell for it. Think about it. Nintentoddlers? Microshill? Cuckolded by a video game company? I played you fools like puppets and all y'all fell for it.

Numb

That was fake. I cut a promo on every one of you and you all fell for it. Think about it. Nintentoddlers? Microshill? Cuckolded by a video game company? I played you fools like puppets and all y'all fell for it.

You won but the damage is done.
It dont matter no more what the truth is.

Mizerman

You went full Chris Jericho.

You never go full Chris Jericho.

Jathaine

I'm gonna say it.
FF7 limit breaks, materia and all the mini-games like fort condor and all that... golden saucer all that goodness...
Chocobo raising, chocobo racing.
Emerald and Ruby weapons.

FF7 really is the best that ever did it. Cloud's a welcome addition.

cdyhybrid

I'm gonna say it.
FF7 limit breaks, materia and all the mini-games like fort condor and all that... golden saucer all that goodness...

FF7 is not the best:

Video game
RPG
JRPG
Final Fantasy

Great game, but there are better.

Malyse

I'm gonna say it.

How can it be the best when it's not even the best final fantasy?

_ _ _ _

They just showed a scandal branded Star Wars commercial. WAT.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The only reason people care about Final Fantasy 7 more than the others is that when it hit it looked awesome. The audiovisual presentation was ridiculous, but that doesn't hold up that well, which is why people are so hyped for the remake.

When you were into a game because it looked amazing, and it doesn't look amazing anymore, of COURSE you're going to go crazy waiting for it to look as good NOW as your imagination made it look THEN.

FF6 was a better game than FF7 pretty much across the board, and now it looks less dated than 7 does because 3D graphics have advanced so much more than 2D graphics in the same time frame.

I'm not saying FF7 is a bad game. It's not. It's really, really good.

I completely lost interest in playing FFX, though. It's just not grabbing me. I got up to the Calm Lands or whatever, and I just can't get the motivation to keep moving.

Numb

Never played it even tho i own it.
One of those thats looking forward to the Remake way more for obvious reasons.
Would try oldie later on for comparison but can see it being a product of its time.

Trey

Best final Fantasy is easily disputable. For my money, FFIV is the best FF, followed by FFXII.

But ffvii is easily the most well known FF.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Never played it even tho i own it.
One of those thats looking forward to the Remake way more for obvious reasons.
Would try oldie later on for comparison but can see it being a product of its time.

Thought there were rumors going round that they were going to change the battle system up some, so it's entirely possible that the remake will look better but play worse than its predecessor. Then again, I was never really that into the materia system, so let's see what they come up with.

Whythefuckyoulyin.jpeg
horse_lying_down_by_horsie_wolfie_16-d35h9tf.jpg

Malyse

I've never played a Final Fantasy game or a Kingdom Hearts game. I feel like I'm missing out, then I see the fandom regarding both...

Avoid fandoms at all cost.

Your reception to Kingdom Hearts will mostly be based tyou affection for Disney and your tolerance for convoluted plotlines. Final Fantasy is a very classic franchise. I would suggest trying FF6, FF7, and FF10. Depending on how you feel about those will greatly inform if you should check out the rest.

----

YOOOO!

They just debuted a brand new Star Wars trailer in the middle of HTGAWM! Legit brand new footage.

D i Z

Avoid fandoms at all cost.

Your reception to Kingdom Hearts will mostly be based tyou affection for Disney and your tolerance for convoluted plotlines. Final Fantasy is a very classic franchise. I would suggest trying FF6, FF7, and FF10. Depending on how you feel about those will greatly inform if you should check out the rest.

----

YOOOO!

They just debuted a brand new Star Wars trailer in the middle of HTGAWM! Legit brand new footage.

Dangit. Us west coasters are gonna have to wait for it to get posted online. We're still on Jeopardy time.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I dont get how any of you can be blindly hyped for the new star wars. I learned my lesson with the phantom menace

RedSwirl

Final Fantasy discussions are fucked up because they're so different from each other that each one will inevitably appeal to a slightly different group of people.

I still haven't played FF7 but from what I gather it was just the first game a lot of console owners played that had an actual storyline and introduced the novelty of cut scenes. Honestly Metal Gear and Resident Evil are the same way. MGS and RE have all this ridiculousness that some people still take super seriously despite the fact that they were B-movie quality back in the day and now, because before the early PS1 era people weren't really used to having storylines in games.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Sony will forever hold dat L for PlayStation All Stars after this shit. Goddamn lol!

And I'm with Brotha Slay, putting FF7 into any poll or discussion is asking for fuckery.

LionPride

Banned
I dont get how any of you can be blindly hyped for the new star wars. I learned my lesson with the phantom menace
This is gonna be my first Star Wars movie I get see in theatres. I saw boring ass X-Men: Days of Future Past twice in theatres. I will see this movie 3 times off the fact it's Star Wars. Also JJ seems more competent than Lucas. But if this movie is bad the outrage will be godly.

Malyse

Just saw it. I'm starting to get hyped. This has a few cuts I hadn't seen before. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqvkarUF8xs

right? i was only expecting the international trailer

not blind at all. I doubt they can disappoint me, since i've an interest in the stuff set up in aftermath

edit: i saw stuff not in that, including Rei fighting.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I wouldn't call it blindly. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

right? i was only expecting the international trailer

not blind at all. I doubt they can disappoint me, since i've an interest in the stuff set up in aftermath

edit: i saw stuff not in that, including Rei fighting.

I was in the same boat with the phantom menace. And that turned out to be a massive dissapointment

akira28

just read the new Batman. They got to the sex scene between him and his new social worker with a hidden past fiance. And now...this is when they decide to reveal that she's covered in stripper tattoos like she's racing in Nascar. I was like.....noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

D i Z

I was in the same boat with the phantom menace. And that turned out to be a massive dissapointment

I saw Return in the theater when it was first released (marathoned all three films on the big screen). This has the look and feel of that more so than the prequels ever did so I'm feeling confident that I'll get what I want out of it.

I saw Return in the theater when it was first released (marathoned all three films on the big screen). This has the look and feel of that more so than the prequels ever did so I'm feeling confident that I'll get what I want out of it.
Yeah. I was never hyped for those silly looking prequels..this really does have the look of the originals. Hoping for the best. I dig JJ..

Slayven

just read the new Batman. They got to the sex scene between him and his new social worker with a hidden past fiance. And now...this is when they decide to reveal that she's covered in stripper tattoos like she's racing in Nascar. I was like.....noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Jim Gordon or Bruce Wayne?

Silly in hindsight sure, but not at the time
Honestly, I never cared for them..watched them at home. I'll be happy the day they release the original without a all that CG nonsense. That's why I didn't dig those prequels in the first place. It was completely overused and just looks bad to me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom