• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the fuck man. Is this dude acting? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4l4Ve1qpz4
Were people fiending for Smash news that much?

I'll admit, circa 2007 when Snake showed up in that Brawl trailer I was fucked up for a few hours, but like I've said before, that kind of fan mentality feels like it belongs in another era to me.

People go nuts because people then watch them going nuts and show it to other people who then watch them going nuts and sh...

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Staring at this

Final_Fantasy_The_Spirits_Within_%282011_film%29_poster.jpg
"Spirits Within is one of the best sci fi films ever made"

Bronx-Man

Banned
Just left a rally on campus for Mizzou solidarity. There had to be at least 200 kids out here all dressed in all black. Had some kids give a couple of speeches, one girl even said "People said a black president would end racism, but having a black president didn't end shit!" Couple of other kids talking about lightskin/darkskin shit is nothing but bullshit tearing us apart when we have to be united more than ever. My favorite one had to be a girl that flatout said "You can sellout and go against your own interests, but white people will still see you as just another nigger." Between this and the Fight for $15 rally on tuesday, I feel woke as fuck.

Malyse

I don't see a big issue here.

Gimping the game for no apparent reason whatsoever. Like, what's the point of a character creator if I can't create the character I want? I like games with character creation. I actually have this head canon that the player character is the same person just in different settings (don't judge me!), so I try to make them physically as similar as possible. That's why all my characters in MMO's and Hunting Action games look the same and have the same name. And Nintendo basically said nope. Like, if they at least had a reason then that would be better, but this is arbitrary as fuck.

I'm a designer. I like designing.

Gimping the game for no apparent reason whatsoever. Like, what's the point of a character creator if I can't create the character I want? I like games with character creation. I actually have this head canon that the player character is the same person just in different settings (don't judge me!), so I try to make them physically as similar as possible. That's why all my characters in MMO's and Hunting Action games look the same and have the same name. And Nintendo basically said nope. Like, if they at least had a reason then that would be better, but this is arbitrary as fuck.

What exactly has been gimped here? I can't watch the video atm.

Malyse

Removed a bikini from a 13 year old girl and a breast slider.

I design too, but its whatever with me. I ain't going fuss over titty customization.
My main issue is I don't get the logic. This literally makes no sense. Dropping the bikini is smart. Removing customization options when you don't have that damn many to start with?

Slayven

Nigga going bankrupt over Tomb Raider

DO better

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Just left a rally on campus for Mizzou solidarity. There had to be at least 200 kids out here all dressed in all black. Had some kids give a couple of speeches, one girl even said "People said a black president would end racism, but having a black president didn't end shit!" Couple of other kids talking about lightskin/darkskin shit is nothing but bullshit tearing us apart when we have to be united more than ever. My favorite one had to be a girl that flatout said "You can sellout and go against your own interests, but white people will still see you as just another nigger." Between this and the Fight for $15 rally on tuesday, I feel woke as fuck.

Damn that's good shit!

Crocodile

Pretty much..which is why I'm not seeing the big deal. Again, this isn't Japan..and if it's too much censorship for you, import.

Chest sliders aren't a Japanese thing though, they are a common feature of character customization engines in games with such features no matter where in the world they are made. This is just removing options for......what gain again? It seems obvious to me why it would bother people even removed from any "oh noes where's teh sexy" implications.

Dude sounds like he might have an addiction. Probably needs to see someone (and I mean that sans snark)

Slayven

Chest sliders aren't a Japanese thing though, they are a common feature of character customization engines in games with such features no matter where in the world they are made. This is just removing options for......what gain again? It seems obvious to me why it would bother people even removed from any "oh noes where's teh sexy" implications.

Sometimes companies rather not deal with the bullshit.

Meh. Import it if it's that important..
Sometimes companies rather not deal with the bullshit.

Crocodile

What the fuck man. Is this dude acting? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4l4Ve1qpz4
Were people fiending for Smash news that much?

I'll admit, circa 2007 when Snake showed up in that Brawl trailer I was fucked up for a few hours, but like I've said before, that kind of fan mentality feels like it belongs in another era to me.

Isn't the hype cycle stronger than its ever been? Plus there is always someone who is as old now as you were 8 years ago :p

That particular guy was playing the fool though. Maximilian and Gametrailers both had super excited but actually realistic reactions

Sou Da

Sci-Fi setting brainstorm: Cyberpunk setting in which Light skinned folks live in high rise towers above dark skinned people, city is run by a cabal simply called "The Light"
Opening scene is a Drake esque man swooping down in a jetpack to literally snatch a dark skinned girl getting chatted up at a bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom