• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been drinking heavily. I just know I'm gonna read my posts tomorrow about the Gonzales girls and smh at how foolish I'm acting.

BO9pp06.jpg

What? Why?

"“He has an open door policy ,” said Louisiana Tech guard Brooklyn Pumroy. “Even though he is 24 or 25, I don’t even know. To me he’s 46. After you’re with him on the court so many times, the maturity level he has on the court transfers off the court so it’s just as easy to get advice on anything.”

and he wears the same cologne that my dad wears so that's nice

andthebeatgoeson

Just did uber today. Never going back. No fuckery. Stink ride but, yeah, that's a cab.

Talked with the first uber driver. Said he's semi retired. Driving a truck with the big cab. Probably pays a lot on gas. Gets $150 per day, works 30 hours per week. Gets $1500 a week, he says. Mine was a 2.5 mile trip, cost $7. I took 5 minutes of waiting, no search and hunt for a cab, no walking looking for a cab.

And why don't cabs come up with their own app? They are going to have to.

Breh...

So I drive lyft right. I pick up this woman that I've had as a passenger before. She's looking really good and stuff and we have a really good conversation on the way to her destination. So I figured I'd shoot my shot and ask for her number. When I get there and I ask she's kinda in a rush and I'm trying to tell her that I can't call her back through lyft because once the ride ends its over, then this Security guard embodied fucking JC and proceeded to rush me so I couldn't get her number. I just got cockblocked or at least denied the ability to get a denied.

The ONE time I shoot my shot brehs.... ;_;

Edit: What's with people having problems with Uber?

Johndoey

Banned
Breh...

So I drive lyft right. I pick up this woman that I've had as a passenger before. She's looking really good and stuff and we have a really good conversation on the way to her destination. So I figured I'd shoot my shot and ask for her number. When I get there and I ask she's kinda in a rush and I'm trying to tell her that I can't call her back through lyft because once the ride ends its over, then this Security guard embodied fucking JC and proceeded to rush me so I couldn't get her number. I just got cockblocked or at least denied the ability to get a denied.

Is it like the end of the Social Network, your just going to be sitting in the dark, lonely, staring at your lyft app.

WeSbVBU.png

Cool art, tho.

Breh...

Sounds like you shot your shot and now you have something of a mess on your hands.

andthebeatgoeson

Can't ask the customer. You'll probably get a bad review. Not like this, breh. You'll be one of her stories where people just shake their heads, like, why?

BTW, that lebron/Mike brown mash up has be dying.

Is it like the end of the Social Network, your just going to be sitting in the dark, lonely, staring at your lyft app.

Nah I'm just more upset breh had to rush me lol.

Can't ask the customer. You'll probably get a bad review. Not like this, breh. You'll be one of her stories where people just shake their heads, like, why?

Nah she was cool. It was JC the Security Guard that was pissing me off.

WeSbVBU.png

Sounds like you shot your shot and now you have something of a mess on your hands.

Its not that big of deal. Just irritating lol.

andthebeatgoeson

I always wondered why. There's gotta be some systemic thing going on preventing cab drivers from evolving with the times.

Probably don't want to join forces until the bottom really falls out. What about using a bunch of immigrants to work for you, paying thousands of dollars for a medallion screams innovative and agile?

Shoulda grabbed a hansom cab.
The fuck is that?

Found my old wallet from like freshman year of college inside of it....$155. ����
I know you happy. How the fuck did you forget a hundred and a half?

No Uber where you live fam?

I heard that word thrown around. Is that some type of luxury cab? I don't think I can afford that. My check is usually gone within a day or two after I get it. Trying to find something that pays decent. Got a text and email a couple days ago from someone wanting me to be a caregiver for her dog and will pay $350 a week for it and will give me that first check a week early, but I got to find out if this shit is legit though. Sent her a reply this morning saying I ain't comfortable giving out the info until we meet face to face.

The fuck is that?

I heard that word thrown around. Is that some type of luxury cab? I don't think I can afford that. My check is usually gone within a day or two after I get it. Trying to find something that pays decent. Got a text and email a couple days ago from someone wanting me to be a caregiver for her dog and will pay $350 a week for it and will give me that first check a week early, but I got to find out if this shit is legit though. Sent her a reply this morning saying I ain't comfortable giving out the info until we meet face to face.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hansom_cab
The rides you see in romantic movies

Trey

Just did uber today. Never going back. No fuckery. Stink ride but, yeah, that's a cab.

Talked with the first uber driver. Said he's semi retired. Driving a truck with the big cab. Probably pays a lot on gas. Gets $150 per day, works 30 hours per week. Gets $1500 a week, he says. Mine was a 2.5 mile trip, cost $7. I took 5 minutes of waiting, no search and hunt for a cab, no walking looking for a cab.

And why don't cabs come up with their own app? They are going to have to.

The math doesn't work out. Unless uber runs on ten day weeks.

That potentially sounds like a good way to make money while job hunting if you get laid off/fired vs collecting unemployment.

You'd make so much more on Uber than unemployment. Back when I worked at the unemployment office back in SC the max they gave was $326 a week, and you only got that if you brought it more than $40k a year lol.

I kind of never unpack fully (example being at my current place most of my clothes are still in boxes) and I keep my boxes in my closet under my clothes. So my wallet fell out of my jeans into one of the boxes and I chalked it up as a loss. Got new CC, new license and other things issued to me and went about my life. Decided to go into the box to get some black socks (I got a box full) and felt the wallet and was like "oh shit...I didn't lose it after all."

Good luck on it, hope it's legit. Uber is an alternative to taxi cabs. You pay up front via mobile app and someone picks you up and drops you off at your destination. Many times it ends up being cheaper than a cab.

Yeah, I'm just remembering it. Can't vouch for any BS. But it does look like we have a lyft driver here.

https://www.facebook.com/OrlandoSlingShot/videos/950882201699179/

My dude got launched into another planet, like that movie Contact. Fuckin came back hours later.

'WTF, We still on?'

Haha

lmao, omg my dude passed out! Twice! ��������������

Slayven

The fuck is that?

Angelus comes from old money. His mom sends him the newst ipads because she hates to see fingerprints on his

RedSwirl

Probably don't want to join forces until the bottom really falls out. What about using a bunch of immigrants to work for you, paying thousands of dollars for a medallion screams innovative and agile?

I don't mean join forces, I mean update with the times in order to compete with Uber. I thought there was some regulatory reason cab services worldwide weren't doing this (even in Europe). Other services are competing with Uber, but traditional cab companies have to be thinking about adapting too right? Or are they already?

Is it the same reason cable TV didn't adapt to Netflix?

Johndoey

Banned
Some of thee Vampires in Abraham Lincoln vampire Hunter are just pointlessly cruel.

Edit: Yeah this is some Roman era extravagant cruelty.

Yo this movie turned out pretty alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom