• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFlow

Banned
BP
is not as op as I thought he was going to be from all the black gaf hype.
overall Civil War is decent movie but nothing I need to see again.

I'd agree with this but they both start falling apart fast when you view them past the surface level.

BRUH BP would of killed
Bucky numerous times over if it wasn't for cap.

I think Bp can beat everyone in the MMU in hand to hand combat except for the Heavyweights

Kreed

BRUH BP would of killed
Bucky numerous times over if it wasn't for cap.

I think Bp can beat everyone in the MMU in hand to hand combat except for the Heavyweights

Bucky was getting his ass beat by everybody. I thought Black Panther was awesome but I think some people were expecting him to beat up Captain America's entire squad solo.

Can't imagine anyone else playing him
Even bald Blade guy is still weird to me

I don't think Snipes is going to be Blade, but they need him in this movie (and he needs the money, pay your taxes people). We've already done the "Blade and the New Power Generation" movie, or that would be the best choice. Maybe have Snipes play the villain, some way powerful vampire (throw in some ancient Egyptian theme to please his hotep feelings) and have him go up against Michael B. Jordan or John Boyega or some new unknown brother* as Blade. Grab Ryan Reynolds and have him play Hannibal King again but in a more Whistler type role, he's on a roll at the moment, take advantage of it.

Looks like Free State of Jones is based on a real life event. White people were combing the history records trying to find a Civil War story where they were the heroes. I'm sure the John Brown Story is next.

*preferably a new unknown brother, make the bench as deep as possible please.

akira28

I've stayed away from that thread for what I feel are totally legitimate reasons. My brain can't handle the bullshit. African-American roles in wartime have been downplayed too often to watch some fuck stain on a forum give it a go.

exactly why a have-a-go harry feels pretty justified in questioning it. "oh a black guy, what are they tryin ta pull?"

akira28

I don't think Snipes is going to be Blade, but they need him in this movie (and he needs the money, pay your taxes people). We've already done the "Blade and the New Power Generation" movie, or that would be the best choice. Maybe have Snipes play the villain, some way powerful vampire (throw in some ancient Egyptian theme to please his hotep feelings) and have him go up against Michael B. Jordan or John Boyega or some new unknown brother* as Blade. Grab Ryan Reynolds and have him play Hannibal King again but in a more Whistler type role, he's on a roll at the moment, take advantage of it.

Looks like Free State of Jones is based on a real life event. White people were combing the history records trying to find a Civil War story where they were the heroes. I'm sure the John Brown Story is next.

*preferably a new unknown brother, make the bench as deep as possible please.

you know someone is happy as shit they have someone to claim from that era other than Slavery Henry.

Bucky was getting his ass beat by everybody. I thought Black Panther was awesome but I think some people were expecting him to beat up Captain America's entire squad solo.

Nah, in that Winter Soldier reprogamming fight, he handled Cap, Tony, Sharon, and Nat. Not an easy feat.

Only person who forced him to run was T'Challa. Just think, only four people really kicked Bucky's ass in that movie.

1) Spidey
2) Crazy jacked up Winter Soldiers
3) Full suit and furious Iron Man
4) T'Challa

That's where he's at, even without the tech.

Furyous

Back from Japan and now I want to go back. #hateamerica

How were the massages?

How were you treated relative to your treatment in Wyoming or South Dakota in the states?

--

I'm half awake sleeping while typing getting ready to go to work. FML.

Fellow diasporans let's talk about the look of scust:

Ch5LOC0WkAIJhTQ.jpg

You shush Alf!

Yea, and Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers in here, and the guys who are married to mothers.... Don't matter if they your kids or not. It's not your fault Dy walked out as soon as she texted "I'm pregnant"

Stop whining, Feenix..😏

Oh, yeah..happy mother's day to all y'all mother's in here.

Thank you, Gordon.

You shush Alf!

Yea, and Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers in here, and the guys who are married to mothers.... Don't matter if they your kids or not. It's not your fault Dy walked out as soon as she texted "I'm pregnant"

Feenix, you almost made it. Almost.

----

About MCU Black Panther: I wonder if the hoteps in the MCU are all about Wakanda and not Egypt.

D i Z

G'morning thru Evenin' all.

Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers.

I watched just enough of Jurassic Park to never have to waste my time with the full thing.

Now on the DD episode where sexy just showed up. That scene needed to be followed by some BBD during the credits.

Johndoey

Banned
Watch Dogs has a great title screen. And the Hotline Miami 2 meta narrative is underappreciated but not particularly good.

I need to get back to Tharsis and Armello.

cdyhybrid

G'morning thru Evenin' all.

Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers.

I watched just enough of Jurassic Park to never have to waste my time with the full thing.

Now on the DD episode where sexy just showed up. That scene needed to be followed by some BBD during the credits.

You mean Jurassic World, right? :|

It wasn't terrible, but it got really ridiculous with the tropes. Not a drop of sense at all for the sake of those expected shots.

I can agree with that. I waited until it was available to rent..wasn't really on my "must see" list. I just had a couple of drinks and watched it for what I fingered it'd be..

---

Where you at, Forearm?????????

*sensibly nods* Evening kid.

Do you mean Elektra, or when Rosario-waifu showed up. (*longing sigh* ohh Rosario, how i love you)

You probably mean Elektra though.

I feel luge either answer is correct..but Rosario more lol.

---

How goes it Shyguy? Wanna run a couple? I'm trying to drop FANG (kinda) for a bit and practice with other people. Forearm talking bout getting on soon..and anyone else that wants to join up!

Wanna play a bunch before GoT..

Fuck it.

I'm going to start trying to date interracially. I don't want to because I want to be with a brother, but desperate times require desperate measures.

Dating blows, and not in the good way.

Fuck it.

I'm going to start trying to date interracially. I don't want to because I want to be with a brother, but desperate times require desperate measures.

Dating blows, and not in the good way.
Shit happens, just don't let no hotep see you.

And.... Are blasians on your interracial dating agenda?

Asking for a friend of course.

Shit happens, just don't let no hotep see you.

And.... Are blasians on your interracial dating agenda?

Asking for a friend of course.

Any man of color is on the table. No white guys.

Hoteps ain't shit.

I may need to tone down my confidence and start being more "pretty", less "brainy". I'm sure my personality is a huge turn off for dudes. I know what I want, and say what I feel. Don't give a shit. This is probably counter productive to finding mi amor.

Any man of color is on the table. No white guys.

Hoteps ain't shit.

I may need to tone down my confidence and start being more "pretty", less "brainy". I'm sure my personality is a huge turn off for dudes. I know what I want, and say what I feel. Don't give a shit. This is probably counter productive to finding mi amor.

Nah. You've got a great personality from the times we've interacted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom