• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna ask why the FUCK I had this particular ad pop up on me, because it seems all these "targeted" ads on NeoGAF are anything but that. Then a realized the funniest fucking thing. I'll let y'all figure it out yourselves..

xpdcLY8.jpg

That shit scared me so bad I almost had a panic attack. That's just not right.

Nope. In the movie
Panther establishes that he inherited the Black Panther mantle before getting the king mantle from his father's passing.
This separation sets up a perfect back story film that could be set before the events of Civil War (which we know Marvel isn't afraid to do thanks to the Captain America films). In fact, as Shy brought up, this style of introduction is what Marvel has done multiple times with Black Panther in cartoons, where Panther shows up, kicks the established TV show heroes ass, and then we get the back story of who he is:

Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Old Fantastic Four Cartoon

I'm just hoping Marvel is smart enough to not put Man Ape on the big screen.

I'm kinda surprised at the Fantastic Four cartoon getting BP right. Sort of right.

D i Z

First we took their women, now we took their war. #battlefield1

Buying digital and physical because they gon' learn

Really tho. I'm looking to make that upgrade.

-------

DD Ep3. Hot Fire!!!
I knew that they had it in them to top season ones hallway. They did not disappoint.

RedSwirl

I think Civil War was the best MCU movie (except maybe Guardians but that's subjective).

Coming right off it the number one reason I'm thinking of right now is that the action choreography is a lot better than what I've seen in most Hollywood movies. In particular it makes a big difference with the 3rd act. I've had this feeling that a lot of big Hollywood action movies, including most MCU movies, have had 1st and 2nd acts that do a fair-to-good job of setting interesting things up, only to have a completely boring 3rd act. I think this is because the 3rd acts in these movies are pretty much just action climaxes, and when a movie has mediocre action choreography to begin with, a whole 3rd act built from that is just gonna be boring. Oddly enough I think even Cap 2 had this problem despite having pretty good action scenes in the beginning and middle. I thought Cap 3 did a much better job in this regard and was thus a much more well-rounded movie than most MCU flicks so far.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Why did black panther have to get pushed back to 2018, do ya'll know how long that is, that is almost 2 years from now, i could be dead or in jail according to statistics of black men around my age by then.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
BP
is not as op as I thought he was going to be from all the black gaf hype.
overall Civil War is decent movie but nothing I need to see again.

I think Civil War was the best MCU movie (except maybe Guardians but that's subjective).
I'd agree with this but they both start falling apart fast when you view them past the surface level.

RedSwirl

BP
I'd agree with this but they both start falling apart fast when you view them past the surface level.
That's probably how I'll feel by the time I've seen Cap 3 more than a few times (on TV or video or whatever), but Guardians in that respect at least has the advantage of being a fun space movie that doesn't take itself quite as seriously.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Why did black panther have to get pushed back to 2018, do ya'll know how long that is, that is almost 2 years from now, i could be dead or in jail according to statistics of black men around my age by then.

because spider man got added to the menu

Drunk posting..

Nah it's in the fridge getting its act together. I've been up pondering the universe. Fuck you doing up?! Wait we're in the same time zone right?!

Fingers crossed that the reaction to him in Civil War might prompt Marvel to reshuffle things a little. I mean, they were able to basically put Spiderman in over everything else so why not?

Sober and doing the same lol. Was playing late with akira and now I can't seem to keep my eyes closed..

Damn I missed the action. I ran off to get the food started, then started exchanging stories and drinks with the sibling. Oddly enough she put me on to a local black owned liqour called "Royal Bleu"..

Shit taste like straight trash at first but now... I can't tell the difference..

remember when the argument was it wasn't historically accurate (even though it actually was) but now this time it clearly is historically accurate and everyone agrees on that, the goalposts moved again.

Johndoey

Banned
I've stayed away from that thread for what I feel are totally legitimate reasons. My brain can't handle the bullshit. African-American roles in wartime have been downplayed too often to watch some fuck stain on a forum give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom