• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Ok, the bolded part is a very interesting argument that runs parallel to the Nigger/Nigga debate. I've thought about that, and it does have some merit given huge cultural events such as the Bronner Brothers annual Hair Shows which gives credence to the positives and expressions Ishiibear was saying.

LOL You might have actually changed my mind on it now.

That's all I could ask for really. I was actually in the midst of comparing the subject to women and wearing make up but I'm glad you understand it now. It's all about freedom of expression and that has a positive effect on black women (well all women). It's liberating and fun too.

Slayven

They fucked it by trying to rush everything and pack everything together. They're should've been another Superman film, a Batman film, and a Wonder Woman film, before doing Batman Vs Superman and Suicide Squad.

Nah, they fucked up by making bad movies. The marvel way isn't the only way, but you got to at least put out a decent movie.

Mizerman

You have a movie with two of the most iconic superheroes on screen and you barely skate by. That should've made over a billion in no time, but talk about dropping the goddamned ball.

That's all I could ask for really. I was actually in the midst of comparing the subject to women and wearing make up but I'm glad you understand it now. It's all about freedom of expression and that has a positive effect on black women (well all women). It's liberating and fun too.

I'm not saying it completely changes my mind, but it does add some depth and complexity to an issue I admittedly was reducing to something simple. Which is why it's important to constantly engage with people with differing viewpoints because it could add a perspective you hadn't considered or put much thought into.

Nah, they fucked up by making bad movies. The marvel way isn't the only way, but you got to at least put out a decent movie.

LOL Ok, this is true. But part of the reason why they're bad is the amount of shit their stuffing in the movies to cover in order to rush into a Justice League film.

Slayven

They had filet mignon and ended up with Gordon's chicken smh

When-Your-Alarm-Goes-Off-You-Spend-First-17-Seconds-Morning-Hyperventilating.gif

Zaverious

Cyborg seem like a character that's only good for complimenting teams. By himself, the only interesting thing about him is his origin story.

Anyone of ya'll hear about them making the Prince of Egypt movie into a musical and they were supposed to do a free concert reading of the musical right now but cancelled due to them being called out by Twitter for a cast primarily consisting of white people.

Slayven

Anyone of ya'll hear about them making the Prince of Egypt movie into a musical and they were supposed to do a free concert reading of the musical right now but cancelled due to them being called out by Twitter for a cast primarily consisting of white people.

Just read up on it, damn folks just don't think do they?

Slayven

Just old habits. Social media has changed everything. 10 years ago, hell maybe even 5 years ago this could've been staged without much controversy.

People need to hire a black woman who's only job is to tell them "You don't want them problems". I mean folks should see this stuff coming a mile away

People need to hire a black woman who's only job is to tell them "You don't want them problems". I mean folks should see this stuff coming a mile away

They don't and it's not easy when you've been in a bubble and involved in an old industries such as Hollywood or Broadway were casting white people is always the right decision.

I think Disney missed their window of opportunity to adapt to film their huge successful hit Elton John/Tim Rice musical, Aida; which has been in development for years. There was a time when Beyonce and Christina Aguilera were attached to the film.

For those unaware of the story of Aida, it's a love story set in Egypt between a Nubian, Aida, and an Egyptian. In musical theatre it's always staged with White people playing the Egyptians and Blacks playing the Nubians. Also Aida is enslaved by the Egyptians, so you have this weird slave/master romance thing going on. Don't get me wrong the musical is pretty great, but could you imagine Disney adapting it as is? LOL

The funny thing is I could still see it happen now given how blind people are in these industries.

How goes it, brother?

This is exactly right lol..

Good Luck Brotha,

Heard Toronto's not as cold as the rest of Canada.

Yo!!!! Whats good?!?
How you surviving this hot-ass, humid ass weather fam?

Got a promotion, tryna call myself jogging daily in the mornings. I'm on the hunt. Japanese summers are lit in more ways than one.

Debating whether to go to Osaka to get the last DS Castlevania for like 80 bucks

Slayven

They don't and it's not easy when you've been in a bubble and involved in an old industries such as Hollywood or Broadway were casting white people is always the right decision.

I think Disney missed their window of opportunity to adapt to film their huge successful hit Elton John/Tim Rice musical, Aida; which has been in development for years. There was a time when Beyonce and Christina Aguilera were attached to the film.

For those unaware of the story of Aida, it's a love story set in Egypt between a Nubian, Aida, and an Egyptian. In musical theatre it's always staged with White people playing the Egyptians and Blacks playing the Nubians. Also Aida is enslaved by the Egyptians, so you have this weird slave/master romance thing going on. Don't get me wrong the musical is pretty great, but could you imagine Disney adapting it as is? LOL

The funny thing is I could still see it happen now given how blind people are in these industries.

Yep, industries become so insulated from different ideas. They just don't care or realize the value of new and different voices

Before they used it for Justice League: War I thought the 1st arc of Nu52 JL was written specifically to be turned into a live action movie.

Still haven't given up hope that they'll say fuck it, reboot & adapt Morrison's 1st JLA arc.

Slayven

Before they used it for Justice League: War I thought the 1st arc of Nu52 JL was written specifically to be turned into a live action movie.

Still haven't given up hope that they'll say fuck it, reboot & adapt Morrison's 1st JLA arc.

That is what they should have done, did the Hyperclan and shit. None of that BvS. Then do individual movies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
This is what I'm always trying to tell my friends. Instead I get hurr durr marvel fanboy. I only like a handful of marvel movies

Young Magus

Got a promotion, tryna call myself jogging daily in the mornings. I'm on the hunt. Japanese summers are lit in more ways than one.

Debating whether to go to Osaka to get the last DS Castlevania for like 80 bucks

Tell me about it. Shiiiiiit.

Good luck with the hunt fam, I need to get to city areas more often ;-;.

and the hell you doing going all the way to Osaka? No good book-offs in the area?

Shy

Congrats on the promotion, and break a leg on that hunt. Duck.

KumaJG

Slay, who your top 5 Kpop singers you would simp for?

Mine are

1. Hyuna
2. Hwasa from Mamamoo
3. Solar from Mamamoo
4. Jiyoon from 4Minute
5. CL

DCEU is breaking even at least. Wachowskis would have that shit in the red

No way. Not with iconic superheroes like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman. I guarantee a Wachowski"s Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman, Suicide Squad, would've been better than Zack Snyder's and David Ayer's take.

ReiGun

I thought Suicide Squad was fine. A perfect "movie I'll watch when it's on Starz on a rainy day" sort of thing. Which is about where most superhero movies sit for me nowadays.

The only superhero movie that came out this year that I'm siked to watch again is Deadpool. Everything else has been SpidermanNeat.jpg

DCEU is breaking even at least. Wachowskis would have that shit in the red

Seriously. The Matrix was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago.

Slayven

No way. Not with iconic superheroes like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman. I guarantee a Wachowski"s Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman, Suicide Squad, would've been better than Zack Snyder's and David Ayer's take.

Wachowskis have the same problem Synder has, they need someone there to tell them "No"

ReiGun

Synder at least knows how to get people interested in his movies. I don't think anyone has cared about anything the Wachowskis have done since V for Vendetta.

Which makes WB giving them all that money for Jupiter Ascending even more perplexing.

Seriously. The Matrix was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago.

Zack Snyder wishes he could make a film like Speed Racer, or Cloud Atlas.

Wachowskis have the same problem Synder has, they someone there to tell them "No"

Disagree, that's what makes the Wachowski films interesting.

Synder at least knows how to get people interested in his movies. I don't think anyone has cared about anything the Wachowskis have done since V for Vendetta.

Which makes WB giving them all that money for Jupiter Ascending even more perplexing.

WB was impressed with Cloud Atlas, which was primarily independently financed. You can't really compare because Zack Snyder's films revolve around a zombie remake, an anime fetish film, and comic book adaptations.

You act as if people wouldn't be interested in popular comic book film off the brand alone and who it stars.

Tell me about it. Shiiiiiit.

Good luck with the hunt fam, I need to get to city areas more often ;-;.

and the hell you doing going all the way to Osaka? No good book-offs in the area?

I'm in Kyoto so it's not that far. Also, the game I'm looking for goes for 8,000 at the cheapest and it's not in any of the local Book-Offs. If I can't find in it Den-Den Town, it's a wrap

Yeah. Gonna have to disagree here. Those folks lack focus and discipline as of late..and by late, I mean a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom