• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright.

Dallas BCTers

Is it true what I'm hearing?

Are y'all dead ass trying to bring back the shag?!?!

That hairdo needs to stay it's ass in the 80s

Shy

Happy Sunday, peoples..
Top o' the mornin' true believers!
Morning, you fine fellows.
Yo shy check out them patch notes.
Oszfmfl.gif

This is going to be a very long five days for me. 😭😭😭
Get set BCT, y'all bout to go 2 for 2 with the disappointments

Suicide Squad and No Man's Sky
nCPZUNv.gif

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Just saw suicide squad and it isn't as good as the marvel movies but damn it isn't as bad as people make out to be. I came in with low expectations due to the double toasted review however this movie is so much better than BvS and Man of Steel. Viola Davis, Will Smith, Margo Robbie and
the fucking sexy
Jay Hernandez made the movie for me.

Pros: Deadshot, Harley, El Diablo, Amanda Waller,
Captain Boomerang

Cons: Story, Villain, Joker, everyone else

The STUpID :
B.E.T.
Did he really just say that...ugh

Imm0rt4l

I'm conflicted, Angry Joe and Jeremy Jahn says Suicide Squad is a good film.

LOL
Why do people value Joes opinions on film? I'm not really aware of his record other than BvS. He loved it when he saw an early screening, then critics started shitting on it and he began walking back his glowing first impressions. Like if you can't discern a turd of that magnitude on your first viewing....then I don't know if I can take you seriously.

D i Z

"No!" [pulls hoodie down] "I'm beautiful!"

They should've had him say "I hit him with a rock!" at some point too.

Did they not do that scene? Seems like a complete waste if they didn't cos there's never going to be an opportunity like this again. Seems like that bar scene would have been perfect for that famous circle.

Furyous

My favorite version of Superman was a crazy black dude fucking the national mascot of china.

Weirdest thing ever was Mysterio trying to kill Daredevil by getting a 16 year old girl pregnant.

Only one of these happened in comics, guess the right one and get a prize.

WAT?

Someone hit me with a tldr spoiler alert. I'm calling dibs on the second one being true because Daredevil has the craziest arcs ever next to The Authority or Nemesis.

Shy

I saw Suicide squad. *shrug* eh.

It felt very disjointed and tonally incongruous.

I hated the end battle.

I hated their version of the Joker being just some jumped up gangster.
I was thinking to myself "this is Batman's Arch-enemy. ???"

I hated how they portrayed the relationship between the Joker and Harley.
It's meant to be a completely abusive relationship that's one sided, with Harley being the walking talking embodiment of Stockholm syndrome. And the Joker not really caring about her.

I really liked Margot Robbie's Harley she was cute and funny. (even if the material she was given of wasn't very good)
The rest was meh.

My Review is. If you want to see a Suicide Squad movie, go watch Assault on Arkham.

Speaking of Assault on Arkham, i forgot to mention this other day.
I watched when it first came out and wasn't really feeling, but watched it again the other day, and quite liked it.
B0lkhKC.gif

thursday and friday off work and that no man sky hype is getting to me.
Same.

I saw Suicide squad. *shrug* eh.

It felt very disjointed and tonally incongruous.

I hated the end battle.

I hated their version of the Joker being just some jumped up gangster.
I was thinking to myself "this is Batman's Arch-enemy. ???"

I hated how they portrayed the relationship between the Joker and Harley.
It's meant to be a completely abusive relationship that's one sided, with Harley being the walking talking embodiment of Stockholm syndrome. And the Joker not really caring about her.

I really liked Margot Robbie's Harley she was cute and funny. (even if the material she was given of wasn't very good)
The rest was meh.

My Review is. If you want to see a Suicide Squad movie, go watch Assault on Arkham.

So what did you LIKE about it?

Shy

So what did you LIKE about it?
I thought Harley and Deadshot were good. Ohh, i also liked that Diablo fellow.
Ummmm, what else. Ohh the lady who Played Amanda Waller was good.

That's about it big bro. Sorry.

EDIT: I also thought that Captain Boomerang was ok.

I thought Harley and Deadshot were good. Ohh, i also liked that Diablo fellow.
Ummmm, what else. Ohh the lady who Played Amanda Waller was good.

That's about it big bro. Sorry.

EDIT: I also thought that Captain Boomerang was ok.

Best part of the film is when he bounced immediately

Slayven

WAT?

Someone hit me with a tldr spoiler alert. I'm calling dibs on the second one being true because Daredevil has the craziest arcs ever next to The Authority or Nemesis.

Both are true

Mysterio was trying to drive DD insane by having him guard a baby he thought was the antichrist. And he got the baby from the girl. An experience that left her insane and her parents dead

Shy

Oh, i forgot to mention something else i didn't like from Suicide Squad.

That whole Enchantress pop and locking thing she was doing. GET TO FUCK WITH THAT SHIT.

That whole Enchantress pop and locking thing she was doing. GET TO FUCK WITH THAT SHIT.

It was some classic awkward white girl dancing. I remember watching that and thinking "The fuck? Is she spellcasting or...what???"

Oh man. While not up to date and while it didn't go in as hard as it could've, that David Cross special surprised me.

"I think we can all agree. Blue. Lives. [pause] Murder."

Didn't expect him to go in on that.

EDIT: Just saw the joke he made about Alton Sterling on Twitter. What the fuck? Now I'm confused.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

They really shitted up a great character

It's disappointing because I thought the initial scenes where they revealed the character were really cool. That
briefing room
scene promised something really cool, but by the end... terrible.

Mizerman

Both are true

Mysterio was trying to drive DD insane by having him guard a baby he thought was the antichrist. And he got the baby from the girl. An experience that left her insane and her parents dead

Considering the shit that Matt goes through ever single time, this seems to be tame in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom